After Last Night...

HellOnICE

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Satan's hardly a franchise player; he's good, but he's no Elias or Naslund.

Are you kidding here? Satan's the most underrated right wing in the game. Who exactly has he had playing with him the past few years in Buffalo?

Would you like me to provide you with some facts just to show how silly a statement "he's no Elias or Naslund" sounds?

Put them in Buffalo and let's see how they do without any supporting cast. Satan is a very good player who most people don't even know.

:clap::clap::clap:

Great post Derek!

I don't think so. Elias isn't any different than Satan. In fact, Satan's been the more consistent player.

You guys have to be joking to not take into account that Elias benefited from playing on the best line in the league.

Well, black and red glasses taken out of the equation, I still would think Elias is the best of the two players.... mainly for the reasons previously listed. I feel he's less one-dimensional compared to Satan, and possesses a more grittier edge.

Also, if you are going to say he benefited from the A line, you must also acknowledge that he HELPED MAKE THAT LINE WHAT IT IS. In fact, I believe he was the most important ingredient in that line, as he appeared to do better without the other 2 guys as opposed to when the other 2 guys didn't have him.

Derek, because you're the only non-Devils fan in this thread, that makes your opinion "right" because you think we are not being objective? And you're the "sensible" one in this argument?

This kind of statement is definitive proof that people take things way too seriously. Because my opinion differs from yours and some others around here, it is AUTOMATICALLY dismissed and scoffed at like it doesn't count.

I know what you and others really think of me. "A Ranger fan can't have a point. He's a biased piece of crap who s just trying to stir the pot."

Well, I'm not. I am entitled to my opinion just like any of you who post are.

The two geniuses who took me up on it dismissed my points like they didn't even count.

If that's the way it's going to be, I quit. I am tired of being disrespected.

Why can a few of you be nice and not take everything so personally? There are good people here but I am tired.

I am officially on strike.

Derek, because you're the only non-Devils fan in this thread, that makes your opinion "right" because you think we are not being objective? And you're the "sensible" one in this argument?

This kind of statement is definitive proof that people take things way too seriously. Because my opinion differs from yours and some others around here, it is AUTOMATICALLY dismissed and scoffed at like it doesn't count.

I know what you and others really think of me. "A Ranger fan can't have a point. He's a biased piece of crap who s just trying to stir the pot."

Well, I'm not. I am entitled to my opinion just like any of you who post are.

The two geniuses who took me up on it dismissed my points like they didn't even count.

If that's the way it's going to be, I quit. I am tired of being disrespected.

Why can a few of you be nice and not take everything so personally? There are good people here but I am tired.

I am officially on strike.

Right on Derek!!

:clap::clap:

As soon as you disagree with Tri, you are automatically labed on idiot, and almost every other person.

Tri is so full of himself, stick a lump of coal into his a$$, in 2 days u got a diamond---Thank you Ferris!

Seriously people, lighted up, it's only a game.

I already got 3 people ignoring me today. All i can say to him is "Thanks for playing" Seriously, ignoring someone proves that they are too chicken to argue with a person.

Derek, i know how your feeling.

man i wish some of u ppl would just shut up already.

leave derek alone, leave KD alone, leave EACHOTHER alone

i swear, sometimes you people are worse then me and im a teenage girl going through tough times yet i dont take it out on ppl i dont know...

get a grip on reality people and lighten up...hockey is great, but its not life

man i wish some of u ppl would just shut up already.

leave derek alone, leave KD alone, leave EACHOTHER alone

i swear, sometimes you people are worse then me and im a teenage girl going through tough times yet i dont take it out on ppl i dont know...

get a grip on reality people and lighten up...hockey is great, but its not life

:lol: Seriously...

Becareful Nieder fan, you are making too much sense. People will start ignoring you. :lol::lol:

Elias is a great player, but Satan is better. The stats help to prove it. You can't ignore the stats, and dissmiss them as garbage. Satan produced great numbers on a mediocer team. Elias produced great numbers on an elite team.

I would take Satan over Elias any day. Put Satan on an elite team like Colorado, St. Louis, San Jose, and he will double some of his #s. This guy is so underated, I feel sorry for the guy, and sorry for the fact he won't win sh!t on Buffalo.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Oh god.. the stats DO show Elias in favor. He had a 96 point season. He's been a better playoff performer.

Derek, if you want to whine after getting called out for labeling brylin18 and myself homers, go ahead. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

To alledge that Satan is better than Elias is, to me, simply indefensible. Elias was a 1st team all star in 01. That wasn't a result of his line, but he was certainly helped by it. To say that Satan would put up similar numbers on the same line doesn't seem to be borne out by Satan's game.. which is largely one-dimensional. He's a great stickhandler, a great shooter, but he doesn't have the speed of say, Bondra. He's not a great passer. Nothing sticks out about Satan's game; he's a very talented player, but he's a step down from Elias. He's not as strong, and I think Elias has better hockey sense.

Also, it'd serve you to stop using bad logic.. the typical argument among NHL fans is that "if player A plays on a worse team than player B, yet puts up good numbers, he must be better." That's simply not the case. brylin and I are telling you to look away from the stats, because they can serve either one of our viewpoints. There's too many variables involved to declare Satan's numbers 'better' simply because he plays on a worse team.

Elias is also a year and a half younger. And he's already better..

Well I can certainly see another thread that I'm just gonna skip over now...it's begining to get out of hand, much like last night's Game Thread...it's been said in that thread by a few posters, and it's been said in here again - take it to PM. No one wants to see some of this.

When the season starts, hopefully the bickering will calm down, but just lay off on each other - talk about the team instead of insulting each other.

Nieds fan is right - this is out of hand, and it's unneccessary.

Well I can certainly see another thread that I'm just gonna skip over now...it's begining to get out of hand, much like last night's Game Thread...it's been said in that thread by a few posters, and it's been said in here again - take it to PM. No one wants to see some of this.

When the season starts, hopefully the bickering will calm down, but just lay off on each other - talk about the team instead of insulting each other.

Nieds fan is right - this is out of hand, and it's unneccessary.

Agreed RD...methinks the problem is that some folks really think that opinion and fact are synonyms...opinions are neither right nor wrong, they just are...not agreeing with another's opinion can lead to great discussion offering different perspectives however it tends to become this I am right and you are wrong or I am entitled to my opinion as long as you agree or other various approaches...this is why for some people the net is a safe haven...in reality these types of folks wouldn't leave the house nevermind have an intelligent discussion :)