Pro-valchuk or No-valchuk?

NewarkDevil5

98 members have voted

1. 1. At this point in the season, how do you feel about the Kovalchuk signing and its effects on the current state of the team?

• Pro-valchuk - He's one of the top 5 guys in the league and is worth the adjustment.
    • No-valchuk - He's been nothing but a disturbance and bringing him in has ruined the fabric of our team.

I haven't read all of these, so sorry if I'm repeating what's been said. I vote neither. He has yet to look like one of the five best in the league, and the cap mess created by his contract has played a huge role in the team's slow start IMHO, but he's had flashes of brilliance, and, while I wasn't high on the signing, he may very well end up being worth it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because you don't like Kovalchuk doesn't mean you don't embrace change or excellence. The jury's still out. So far, he's the leader of a bunch of ninnies. Big whoop.

I agree 100%! You dislike Kovalchuk in a very logical way Jerrydev. I'm sorry that's why I'm singling out Manta. It's just - if you freaked on me, I'd get on you too. But you're not. You're massively uncomfortable with it all -- THAT is normal. Manta was normal for a while - and fun even too -- like he gave voice to his fears and made them fun and it was good for everyone to cope with it all. but now it's just really destructive and obtuse and ... it bums me out. :saddevil: and he gets all personal about it too - his mocking is coming from a weird place not a healthy light place - or a confused place -- it's this obtuse pigheaded I'm sticking to my guns place - no struggle -- not searching -- no, he;s GOT all the answers. but he doesn't. He so clearly doesn't... :noclue: it's annoying to me. :(

(I feel like I waxed all John Madden just now!)

Edited by Pepperkorn

Excuse me, but this is the NY Metro area.. We even have the right to judge our players in preseason warmups.. Derek Jeter strikes out 2 at-bats in a row? Trade him! Revis got beat on a 30 yard pass? Guy is worthless!!

Get with the program!! :giggle:

the sad part is you are right. just listen to WFAN and it proves his point

No surprise some are criticizing him even though he's scoring - he's often described as a gamechanger. We sacrificed a lot to get him. We had a good regular season team last year and on paper, this one's even better. that's why people are so impatient (having the worst start since 1983 isn't the best way to open the season in a year where people have cup expectations, right?).

Having said that, I'm still definitely pro-Kovalchuk. The guy has 1230 games on his contract and played just 6 of them (plus he was pretty good, actually). The Devils were sitting at the bottom of the standings on a few occasions in the last few years and always managed to get to the playoffs and with a home-ice advantage.

yeah considering the last few years we got into the playoffs and tanked, it's probably true when people say we peaked too early in the season. better to work the bugs out now, than to have them show up in the last third of the season and we can't shake them. :koolaid: