Elias on Kovalchuk

Rock

Have you been smoking so much herb that its still 2006?

When was the last gamechanging Elias goal in the playoffs?

Elias has had zero effect on NJ playoff momentum since Gomez left his side.

Tell me where is this guy today, not 2000, 2003, 2006 stop blaming Sutter and the "C".

He's still getting $6M checks today, November, 2010.....

When was the last time Parise has had a series changing goal?

I think many people seem to forget that Patty is mostly a playmaker

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would argue that Patty was the best player in the Canes series. That said, he isn't worth the money, but he plays hard as anyone. He's earned a pass, especially because, no matter what else has happened, he's been a tough, classy player. Would I trade him to free up the cap space? Probably. Does that make me think any less of him? Hell no.

if any player is making what they are actually worth then they haven't gotten past their rookie contract yet. Its the nature of the NHL still getting used to the cap...its an inflated system that will have to bottom out before it has a chance to become truly effective...no one wants to get it back on track, surely not the players who would have to take less money and definitely not the management who wants to field a competitive team...fact is he is still one of our best and most talented players by far...

Have you been smoking so much herb that its still 2006?

When was the last gamechanging Elias goal in the playoffs?

Elias has had zero effect on NJ playoff momentum since Gomez left his side.

Tell me where is this guy today, not 2000, 2003, 2006 stop blaming Sutter and the "C".

He's still getting $6M checks today, November, 2010.....

so it went from invisible to game changing. i see man keep changing the scope of the argument to fit your needs.

so it went from invisible to game changing. i see man keep changing the scope of the argument to fit your needs.

He's invisible.

Find me a team willing to take he's $6m aging vet-contract with his current production. Good luck.

He was supposed to be a leader, he wasn't, he got his letter taken - well deserved.

He's classy, but just as moody as Jaime - at over twice the price.

He's invisible.

Find me a team willing to take he's $6m aging vet-contract with his current production. Good luck.

He was supposed to be a leader, he wasn't, he got his letter taken - well deserved.

He's classy, but just as moody as Jaime - at over twice the price.

stats prove otherwise over a PPG in the playoffs. as for the 6 million dollar contract i'm sure you'd find a certain club in pittsburgh would take him. the c was taken because sutter was a racist and when has he ever been moody?

Edited by H.E. Pennypacker

THIS IS TEAM?

I agree with what Elias had to say but I am not a big fan of airing out in the open like that.

You hit on something very important here. There is resentment and anger bubbling beneath the surface, and every now and then some seeps out in a public forum. And losing just makes everything worse.

He's getting $5M checks. His cap hit is 6. It's not his fault Lou couldn't work the cap better.

to be fair he's probably getting $60,975.61 checks....but that's if its a check a game....do they get paid weekly? monthly? A big ole sack o'cash brown bag green dollar sign in the middle style? cuz that's how I would want mine....

Patty was a point per game in 08-09 with 31G-47A-78pts in 77 games and had 48pts in 58 games last year while struggling with injury. I don't think that's too bad. 08-09 was a year where many players had career years on offense, so lets say if Elias had stayed healthy all year last year, but ended up with the same % of pts compared to 08-09 that Zach did, he'd have had 71pts. This of course is an estimate to account for the more defensive system we played last year compared to 08-09 and obviously assumes a lot, but I don't think it's too far fetched. Even if he only managed to put up 65-68pts, that's not too shabby either.

I think people here have a real "what have you done for me lately" attitude about the players, which isn't always a bad thing, but with a guy that's put in the time to this team like Elias has, I think he's earned the right to be given a little extra slack during slumps. Now if he doesn't break out of this at all, then it's a real problem.

IMO we need to let kovy do his thing, thats what we signed, a goal scoring machine russian sniper, stop trying to change him, let him play his style and he will produce, if players like elias cant deal with it then dont put them on the same line, just my opinion

EDIT...just my opinion maxpower, if i knew you were online i wouldnt of even commented

Edited by Zubie#8

I agree, and if he doesn't know what side of the ice he should be on, when he's on the PP, and if he feels like, "you know, Dubinsky's going to the right, and I don't feel like changing direction, so I'll skate into the goal"... that's awesome too!

and if you give him a lead pass, we should just let him go left to right into a 1 on 4, to either have the puck chipped away or get his shot blocked. that is if he takes a shot and he doesn't go all the way to the right.

if his teammates can't keep up with him, they're just too fvcking slow! even if they were changing at the time and he was supposed to dump it in and get off.

I agree. if he wants to elbow someone for no fvcking reason, that's awesome! Elias should fvck off with his opinion, because he's an old fvck that's never accomplished anything in his life.

god, I'm not one of those people who really want to hate on Kovalchuk, but Kovalshills are freaking annoying.

what did I say that's untrue? if he wants to overextend his shift by magically switching to RW when it's time to come off, that's freaking awesome! if you're criticizing him for that, you're just some bitter old geezer!

fine, I get it, no one should criticize someone else because they're all awful. well, Kovy's game last Friday went above and beyond awful into a territory I'd expect if someone gave Andrew Peters 20 minutes to play.

that play that led to the SH goal was pathetic, yet everyone Kovalchuk superfan poster everywhere, has gone out of the way to blame everyone else for it.

and people that deny there's anything wrong with the way he's playing, and find 8,000 external reasons for it, are annoying. I guess we're at an impasse.

he's not playing well. he had a pretty good game against Chicago, but it's been few and far between for awhile.

and Elias isn't the only player that's said something cryptic about it.

he needs to get his head out of his ass and fast, because there aren't going to be goals coming from many other places for awhile.

another number for you

23 gwg since he signed his contract.

do you know how many sidney crosby has in that time

Which player would you take right now Beetlebum?

A generational talent in his prime or a very good player who is aging and is on a contract well above his current worth?

Sutter's a racist eh? I guess someone must have forgotten to tell him the Iginla's not white so he take his "C" as well... he's gotten away with murder for 2 years now.

Ya i agree he is definitely struggling and looks horrendous out there, i just feel he should play his style, and thats my opinion and dont need any pompus remarks about it. I respect everyones opinion on here and explain how i feel, you should do the same, and THAT my friend is just my opinion :whistling:

IMO we need to let kovy do his thing, thats what we signed, a goal scoring machine russian sniper, stop trying to change him, let him play his style and he will produce, if players like elias cant deal with it then dont put them on the same line, just my opinion

EDIT...just my opinion maxpower, if i knew you were online i wouldnt of even commented

I looked for the word "winning" in your post. Couldn't find it. I see that "Russian" made it, thank goodness. We don't want any of those Canadian or Swedish snipers. :D