UPDATED-Roller hockey meet!

Aznjsn

I haven't played in a while, but my wheels are meant for an indoor rink, so I'm only interested if it's indoor. :noclue:

Plus I assume if we play outdoor it will have to be ball hockey, because a puck doesn't really glide good on anything outdoor. Puck > Ball.

This.

I'd really rather do indoor as well.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As has been mentioned previously in this thread, you can use a puck on the Rutgers rink. I use a puck there all the time, it works perfectly fine. It actually glides more than on an indoor rink because the surface is not only smooth, but is harder than sport court.

As for getting hit in the shins with the puck, unless one of us decides to be a jackass and rip shots on net when there are people in the way, we shouldn't need to worry about that. Or we can just use a ball. It is my understanding that this will be a friendly uncompetitive get-together, so I think it is lame to refuse to play just because we use a puck or a ball or play indoor or outdoor.

Also we don't need to wait for the spring, it's not that cold outside! :P

chilltowndevs... i used to live in jersey city. you from the heights? also you ever play roller/ice in pershing field? I played there for a few years

Nah I'm from the Westside by NJCU. I played roller hockey on the polished concrete at Pershing. When did you live here?

My name is Rob and I live in Highland Park. I definitely can't do Sundays and Wednesdays are most likely no good for me either. Best for me would probably be any time after 7 on a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday. I could probably do a Saturday night or late afternoon too as long as I have enough time to make sure I can adjust my work schedule accordingly.

Another thing worth noting about the Rutgers rink is that if we do it before the intramural league starts (I think it starts in April), we can take advantage of the lights staying on until midnight on Sundays-Thursdays, or 9:00 on Fridays.

Im down for it tues or thurs the 3 of us can meet up there if you guys are down?

ive gone a couple times...usually about 8-12 skaters on both sides and two goalies....really diverse bunch of people in ages and skill lvl

Justdo you from JC?

north bergen...its about 15 mins from me...i would be in for thurs

I can Thurs as well.

I would like to be the bigger get together Biggie I just dont know the Edison rink that well so I dont wanna step up when I dont know the place.

I can Thurs as well.

I would like to be the bigger get together Biggie I just dont know the Edison rink that well so I dont wanna step up when I dont know the place.

cool ill play to go thurs...i would also be up for pick up roller if something was finalized...also never played at the edison rink

I'm thinking about getting a pair of skates, would these be ok? http://www.hockeymonkey.com/mission-inline-hockey-skates-csx-sr.html And would a size 11 shoe size mean get a size 11 skate? I know some brands aren't sized like that, but from what I read these should be.

Those look decent, especially for that price. However, i personally would never buy a pair of skates especially without trying them on first. They all have different 'feels' to them. Missions tend to be a very narrow and very hard boot. Maybe go to Monkey Sports (store in Woodbridge) first, and try on a couple different brands for sizing and for comfort. If you like the Mission's, go back and buy'm online.

Those look decent, especially for that price. However, i personally would never buy a pair of skates especially without trying them on first. They all have different 'feels' to them. Missions tend to be a very narrow and very hard boot. Maybe go to Monkey Sports (store in Woodbridge) first, and try on a couple different brands for sizing and for comfort. If you like the Mission's, go back and buy'm online.

Yeah, please don't buy any type of skate online. There is so much variation from brand to brand and model to model that it would be almost impossible to find a good fit without first trying it on.