Beating a dead horse - but attendance rises!

sheeps

God I shouldn't have started this thread. Enter dr with his usual "Why don't people come" arguments. Enter everyone else explaining why. Enter rival team's fan(s) insulting our attendance.

I started this thread because our attendance seems to be rising. Isn't that a good thing? CAN'T WE HAVE A POSITIVE THREAD ON OUR ATTENDANCE, JUST ONCE?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, it doesn't tarnish the three cups, just shows what a joke of a fan base they have.  Saying the arena is ugly or doesnt have any amenities or there is nothing else to do is bogus. 

Bogus how?

The arena is...ugly.

The arena is...old.

There is nothing else to do before or after the game.

How can you dispute that?

I have ranger seasons, most nights I go to the game, and after get back on the subway and go home.  Maybe once or twice a season I'll go out to dinner before hand or go out after the game for some post-game boozing.

That's you. Other people are drawn to events were they can make a night out of it rather than drive, three hours, drive home.

The argument about it being an inconvenience to get to  is worse.  I drove from Long Island to the Meadowlands many times for Rangers-Devils games during the week, going through Manhattan.  That meant taking the LIE to the midtown tunnel across 34th street to the lincoln to route 3 to the arena.  I dare you to find a worse stretch of traffic at rush hour.  Maybe, just maybe the Staten Island Expwy across the Verrazzano to the Belt Pkwy is worse, maybe.

That example is just stupid.

Go back to your first point: You take the train to Ranger$ games. Why don't you drive? Inconvenient?

<JESTER>

Nah Matt, it all comes down to location in the end. MSG located in the middle of NYC, lots of folks going to games because it's something to do after work.

Now why don't you crawl back under your little bridge, you troll. :P

I hate posters that come on boards just to talk trash. If you want to post on a rival board at least talk hockey. Oh wait, the Rags don't play hockey. :rofl:

From Brooklyn its $2 each way to a Ranger game or less if you have a monthly metrocard. Thats a pretty good deal. I wish the Devils had something like that going on. One thing people neglected, is that with an arena in Newark the Devils will be very accessible by train from people working in Jersey City, Hoboken, Newark, and lower Manhattan. The best part is that the ride from these locations to the arena in Newark wouldn't cost $10 like everyone keeps saying, but rather it would cost $1.50 as I'm sure you all know that is how much a ride on the PATH trains cost. If you use your metrocard on the PATH I'm pretty its only $1. Whew.....why hasn't anyone mentioned the PATH trains before???? That is the reason why Louie and Co. want an arena in Newark. Thats really frickin cheap for a train ride, and definetely tops spending money on parking.

Edited by pattyelias

God I shouldn't have started this thread.  Enter dr with his usual "Why don't people come" arguments

When did I ever ask that in this thread. I asked that once last year sometime. I have heard your reasons numerous time(crappy arena, don't have the money, tickets too expensive, too far to drive etc).

Also everyone explaining why to him. This thread had nothing to do with me so why am I brought up?

Edited by devilsrule33

Can someone put a moratorium on these types of threads? Everything here has been discussed ad infinitum over the past years.

I'll watch my team wherever they play. I don't care if I'm one of 19040 or the only one in the stands. I'll root against the Rangers. I don't care if they have 18200 or 200 in attendance

This debate--by definition--CANNOT be settled until the Newark arena is built and there are a few honeymoon seasons and the team has had a long overdue rough stretch. Rather than speculate about why attendnace stinks, let's put a moratorium on this topic until 2010 when all these things have had an opportunity to happen. Whether we're selling out or drawing 10,000, we'll know the answer then. . . . .

Boston's excuse is they are not the defending Champs. What an embarrassment, the defending champs sit 22nd in attendance. :rofl:

Yeah I guess I'd rather fill the arena with suits while I miss the playoffs for 8 straight years, and have the highest payroll every year...

I hope Dolan signs Sather to a lifetime deal He's doing a geat job!!!

Wow... To bad CAA is in a horrible location....and ther is no transit.  It is such a bitch trying to get onto 3 after a game....uhh ohh dont get stubbs started about how great the meadowlands is.  That mile long tunnel really kicks ass as does having to cut across 3 lanes of fast traffice to get into the parking lot from route 3.

Newark or Bust

Mile long tunnel???

The one you walk across?

---------

And sheeps where'd you get the statistics of ranks of sellouts..

Colorado's gotta be #1, they sellout every game.

Edited by djstubbs

stubbs, I believe Columbus sells out every game as well. Minnesota might, too, but I'm not sure about that one...

Are you sure, about full sellout, I'm not disagreeing, but I watched a game on ESPN with colorado last week or whenever, and it said, this is Colorado's 420th consecutive sellout.

It also depends on the number of seats in their arena. You can sell out Nassau Collisseum and still have worse attendance than at Continental Arena at 90%.

Good point.

I think Detroit has the largest arena in terms of seating with over 20,000 seats.

Is there a larger arena?

I know MSG is around 18,000.

It also depends on the number of seats in their arena. You can sell out Nassau Collisseum and still have worse attendance than at Continental Arena at 90%.

Good point.

I think Detroit has the largest arena in terms of seating with over 20,000 seats.

Is there a larger arena?

I know MSG is around 18,000.

Bell Centre and United Center both are 20K+