Yikes! djstubbs is saying...

Nieuwy25

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh crap

Rafalski out with broken leg

Sportsnet.ca -- New Jersey's dilapidated defence took another blow Saturday night.

Sportsnet has learned the Devils defenceman Brian Rafalski suffered a broken leg in the third period of the 3-0 loss to Toronto.

Rafalski was checking Leafs forward Alexei Ponikarovsky in when he slid into his own net and his right leg slammed hard into the goal post.

New Jersey has been playing without their captain Scott Stevens since mid-January as he is still recovering from post-concussion syndrome.

More to come...

please be wrong :puke:

If true, Lou will have to get a D-man in a hurry. He will, but he has lost an awful lot of leverage, and he will have to use assets that he would have otherwise used to get that no. 2 center. It is not inconceivable that NJ could finish in 8th place. In any event, it will be a short spring this year . . .

That's old news, it was obvious his leg was broken when watching the game, did you see all of the blood pouring out of his leg discoloring his ankle jersey?

WTF is an ankle jersey?

The leg jersey...

DON'T BE SO PICAYUNE

Just had to say it, you set me up.

But yeah, he was bleeding, if it was a home game it wouldn't have been as evident being as the jersey is red vs white.

Edited by djstubbs

That's old news, it was obvious his leg was broken when watching the game, did you see all of the blood pouring out of his leg discoloring his ankle jersey?

WTF is an ankle jersey?

The leg jersey...

DON'T BE SO PICAYUNE

But yeah, he was bleeding, if it was a home game it wouldn't have been as evident being as the jersey is red vs white.

Wtf is a leg jersey :D

You mean his SOCK.

WTF is an ankle jersey?

The leg jersey...

DON'T BE SO PICAYUNE

Wtf is a leg jersey :D

You mean his SOCK.

Again read my previous post, specifically the words that appear to be much larger than the others.

For someone with such a large vocab, id figure you knew what a hockey sock is...

I know the words hockey and sock.

Recognizing the specific name of hockey equipment has nothing to do with vocabulary.

Well we would think you would have enough common sense to not call it a leg jersey...

Well I really don't think it involved common sense but rather (I never played hockey)...

It's not that big a deal.

Stubb's hockey equipment terms:

Skates = Foot jerseys

Helmet = Head jersey

Pants = Groin jersey

Gloves = Hand jerseys

Elbow pads = Elbow jerseys

Shin pads = Shin jerseys

Cup = ______________?

:rofl:

That actually gave me a good laugh.

Although I know the names of the other types of pads.

The "leg jerseys" seemed to escape my memory.

Cup = Mine. (click my username to see my favorite picture)

Can anyone comment on the general reliability and accuracy of Sportsnet.ca's reporting?

Far less than TSN. I've seen a half dozen "reports" that turned out to be false... most notably Joe Niewendyk returning to the Devils.

But they have gotten some scoops before TSN this year, which is a first for them...

Can anyone comment on the general reliability and accuracy of Sportsnet.ca's reporting?

Far less than TSN. I've seen a half dozen "reports" that turned out to be false... most notably Joe Niewendyk returning to the Devils.

But they have gotten some scoops before TSN this year, which is a first for them...

As long as they're more reliable than the post.

They're good in my book.

Thanks - have to think about dropping Rafalski from my fantasy team

Thanks - have to think about dropping Rafalski from my fantasy team

Well considering he will be out for quite a bit...

That would be a good idea.