D guys you DON'T want

Elias Sports Bureau

I pretty much don't want the names mentioned who we've had before... Slodelein, Bombardir (I remember stories about him deriding the state and/or the org. and although I don't recall them in specific I know I've had an anti-Bomb stance since), Malakhov...

Jeez, they're all ex-es. Well they're ex-es for a reason!

I think if the 'Canes are looking to shake up as much as they say and Hill can't be gotten that Hedican would be a really nice piece of the puzzle. We'd have to give up something to get it, but he's a guy we could have for a while. And they are talking about major turnover.

Hedican's signed for 4 more years, ESB, to a large contract. I don't think the 'Canes will move him; he signed that deal in good faith and he may even have a no-trade clause. Either way, if we got him, that means Rafalski or Niedermayer would be heading out the door after 05.

I don't want Bombardir either. I don't see what people like about him, he really never did anything that good in New Jersey other than play like a faster Ken Sutton. I also don't want Luke Richardson. Obviously, Odelein.

Hedican's signed for 4 more years, ESB, to a large contract. I don't think the 'Canes will move him; he signed that deal in good faith and he may even have a no-trade clause. Either way, if we got him, that means Rafalski or Niedermayer would be heading out the door after 05.

I don't want Bombardir either. I don't see what people like about him, he really never did anything that good in New Jersey other than play like a faster Ken Sutton. I also don't want Luke Richardson. Obviously, Odelein.

I don't think that Hedican would object to a trade here over staying in an increasingly bad situation, but who knows. Guess I'm just trying to stack the deck like the Red Wings do. I heard something Carolina-based about Hedican during a recent broadcast and that's what sent those wheels spinning.

YES!!!!!!!!! I remember Lou being pissed off at Bombardir for comments he made over something, I think it was Bombardir complaining over not being treated fairly or being given playing time, needless to say he was gone within a week or two........

Brooks was smoking something with his Malakhov rumour............Carney to me is too old at 34, Id rather have Salei or Witt.........I dont see how Murray likes Carney over Salei myself........

Are you guys kidding about Carney?? He solid in his own end, has some offensive abiluity and is a great locker room guy. If stevens cannot come back Carney would be great, and at 34 how do you say he's old,. we are pinning our hopes on a 40 yr old returning froma very sever concussion!!!

Salei ??? nice "O" skills, minimal "D" skills, we might as well go after Poti then....

Nio rangers, No Odi, No caps No Salei,

I'll take Smith, Carney, and maybe a few other...maybe Hill from Car....

Hills overrated, Carneys good but he isnt available, and Smith will only become available on deadline day, if the Oilers lose a couple games this weekend..........

YES!!!!!!!!! I remember Lou being pissed off at Bombardir for comments he made over something, I think it was Bombardir complaining over not being treated fairly or being given playing time, needless to say he was gone within a week or two........

One problem about that. Bombardir was traded in the off season. The Wild took Terreri in the expansion draft and we traded Bombardir to the Wild to get Terreri back.

Yes.......I know that............Bombardir was very vocal about not being given playing time, he complained during the season...........complained just before the trade then took a few shots on his way out..........

Witt would be a bad choice for a defenseman, especially considering that he played for Washington.

Anybody get an answer on this one yet? I would love to hear it. :noclue:

If there was a thread about D-man I MOST WANT, Witt would be at the top. Even before Leetch and Gonchar. Honest. I don't want Rags on the Devils at all. Period. And I think Gonchar is over-rated and a total rental. And we have enough offensive Defensemen...a team can have enough.

Paging hockeyman28...