Lamoriello expects Sutter to be back next season.

SatansDevils

Lou expects Sutter to be back next season and I believe he will be back too.

Lamoriello expects Sutter to be back next season

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/

Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello said this morning that he has no reason to believe that Brent Sutter won't be back as his head coach next season.

He also made it clear that he wants Sutter to come back.

"There should be no discussion on this," Lamoriello told me today. "I have no knowledge of anything. You have to speak to Brent about this. Even to get into discussions about this makes no sense."

Although Sutter has admitted to being home sick, he has said repeatedly that he makes decisions about his future after every season and this one is no different. That said, he has not commited to coming back next season either.

He has one more season remaining on his contract.

To Lamoriello, however, the discussion is a moot one.

"There's no questions from me," Lamoriello said.

Lamoriello said he hasn't thought about discussing Sutter's future with him, yet. Everyone in the organization is still dealing with the shocking end of Tuesday's Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals against the Hurricanes, in which the Devils gave up two goals in the final 80 seconds to turn a 3-2 lead into a 4-3 defeat.

Yeah I don't think he wants to end it like this in New Jersey with the way they lost last night. Next season he and the team will have some fire to get back and do it all over again. Sutter I believe will stay and finish out his contract. It is really up to Sutter and not Lou if he wants to leave or not. The way Lou is talking he has no intentions of firing Sutter.

How quickly we forget the great coaching that got us through 2/3 of the season without our star goaltender when the NHL gave up on us.

Let alone brought us out of our antiquated "defense first" Lemaireesque losing style without 2 #1 stud NHL defensemen.

How quickly we forget we didn't deserve a playof season last year with Vish/Racoon as our defense pair. Thank Brent for that.

How quickly we forget.

What a bunch of spoiled babies. Lose with honor. We were outplayed. I'm actually more emabarassed of this board today than the performance last night.

How quickly we forget the great coaching that got us through 2/3 of the season without our star goaltender when the NHL gave up on us.

Let alone brought us out of our antiquated "defense first" Lemaireesque losing style without 2 #1 stud NHL defensemen.

I only remember the great coaching that brought us back to that defense first Lemaireesque losing style in the last two months of the season, after the up-tempo style was working.

Zero playoff series wins in two years - Lou has fired coaches for a lot less than that.

How quickly we forget we didn't deserve a playof season last year with Vish/Racoon as our defense pair. Thank Brent for that.

How quickly we forget.

What a bunch of spoiled babies. Lose with honor. We were outplayed. I'm actually more emabarassed of this board today than the performance last night.

This is the correct.

I only remember the great coaching that brought us back to that defense first Lemaireesque losing style in the last two months of the season, after the up-tempo style was working.

Zero playoff series wins in two years - Lou has fired coaches for a lot less than that.

I dont remember this.

I hope Sutter is back next season. I think he and the entire team will be hungry next season to avenge that terrible end to this season.

I was kind of hoping the way last season ended would have done the trick this year. I'm not talking about winning it all but at least finding that extra gear and guts to not let happen what did last night.

I hope the Sutter with the attack mentality comes back

I hope the Sutter that put the hundred year old line out there 20 minutes a game is dead stabbed and stuffed in a ditch :P

The only beef i have with Sutter is line matching, otherwise will be glad to see him back. Besides is there a good replacement? Burns, is very sadly and unfortunately no longer an option and i dont think LL thinks that Johnny Mac is coach material for whatever reason.

I hope the Sutter with the attack mentality comes back

I hope the Sutter that put the hundred year old line out there 20 minutes a game is dead stabbed and stuffed in a ditch :P

Couldn't agree with you more. I like Sutter. I like attack mentality Sutter even more. I even like that he is boring, shows no emotion when talking to the media and never ever smiles. It makes me laugh- it's like Lou was a mad scientist and created Sutter in some dark basement. It all amuses me.