2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

These next 2 games will be win/loss games, one way or the other.

If the Patriots beat up on the Jets (which I fully expect) the Jets will take out their frustrations on the Broncos.. short week or not, doesn't matter. If the Jets somehow beat New England, they'll overlook Denver completely (and still be drunk from the win against the Pats) and lay an egg on Thursday night. <-- this seems more like the Jets. :P

..either way, I can't see them winning both these games. However, I can't see them losing them both either.

Very surprised by this outcome. Really thought the Jets were winning this one, and handily at that. Rex has got to be furious.

I'm expecting the Jets to beat the Broncos. I know it's a very, very short week, but Rex is going to be livid after this debacle and, well, the Broncos just aren't that good and Tim Tebow is clearly not an NFL QB, despite his team winning with under him center.

Edit: Just heard the Broncos' 2 RB's, Moreno and McGahee, are both banged up too...

Edited by nmigliore

Was looking at the Revis vs Pat WR's Historic match-up: Did not realize how bad Randy Moss owned Revis: 8 Games/5 TD against the Island.

Manta, this couldn't be further from the truth. Revis dominated Moss and pretty much made him a non-factor.

Moss' last five games as a Patriot against Revis:

2 catches, 22 yards, 0 TD

3 catches, 26 yards, 1 TD

4 catches, 24 yards, 0 TD

5 catches, 34 yards, 1 TD

2 catches, 38 yards, 1 TD

Revis did a great job on him, trust me on that...I watched every one of those games.

I'm expecting the Jets to beat the Broncos. I know it's a very, very short week, but Rex is going to be livid after this debacle and, well, the Broncos just aren't that good and Tim Tebow is clearly not an NFL QB, despite his team winning with under him center.

Edit: Just heard the Broncos' 2 RB's, Moreno and McGahee, are both banged up too...

The Tebow option is another one of those fads that's taking the NFL by storm until you go through the league for several weeks and teams figure out how to defend it, like the wildcat a couple years ago only that lasted for the rest of the regular season.

Figures that Tomlinson got hurt on a meaningless play towards the end, means more of the useless Greene and his stonehands, yay.

Manta, this couldn't be further from the truth. Revis dominated Moss and pretty much made him a non-factor.

Moss' last five games as a Patriot against Revis:

2 catches, 22 yards, 0 TD

3 catches, 26 yards, 1 TD

4 catches, 24 yards, 0 TD

5 catches, 34 yards, 1 TD

2 catches, 38 yards, 1 TD

Revis did a great job on him, trust me on that...I watched every one of those games.

those stats you brought up dont necessarily mean Manta was wrong.. what happened in the other 3 games?

those stats you brought up dont necessarily mean Manta was wrong.. what happened in the other 3 games?

No, he's wrong.

In the first two games (from the Pats' 16-0 season), Moss put up big numbers (about 16 catches for about 240 yards or so combined), but Revis was a rookie that year, and I don't think he was even on Moss that year. IIRC he was covering Welker that first game, but I'd have to watch both games against the Jets that season to be 100% sure.

The eighth game came after Moss had been traded to the Vikings. He had 4 catches for 81 yards and a TD, but it was Revis' first game back after a hamstring injury.

I think Manta just assumed that Revis was the one covering Moss in every game since Revis broke in back in '07. At any rate, Revis definitely got the better of the matchup through the years.

http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/belichick_mocks_NttHuMbgQETsHT03ogwp3J

Who says Bill Belichick is a boring quote?

As the Patriots coach walked off the MetLife Stadium field, he threw his arm around his son, Stephen, and added an exclamation mark to the Patriots’ 37-16 victory over the Jets.

“Thirty-seven points on the best defense in the league, s--- my d---,” the Patriots coach said in celebration.

Guess the inevitable (and deserved) pile on is beginning...

Edited by NJDevs4978

http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/belichick_mocks_NttHuMbgQETsHT03ogwp3J

Guess the inevitable (and deserved) pile on is beginning...

Jets will recover...maybe not well enough to win the division, but so far this season they've shown the ability to beat the teams they "should" beat. I get the feeling the Jets will see Tebow and not be amused, and will thrash him and the Broncos soundly.

Guess BB wasn't much for accuracy with that comment: 7 of the points came against the offense, and gaffes on offense and special team led to more points, so the 37 was hardly all on the defense (though I thought their not stopping Brady when it was 23-16 was a killer). And I'd say Baltimore's defense is probably the best (I'm glad NE doesn't have to face them this year). But he was in the moment.

OK Bill, your team obviously has a great shot to win the division, with a Charmin-soft sched the rest of the way...now find a way to win come playoff time! Brady can't play forever.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

The big key to the Jets' season to me is Sanchez. His numbers have been so much better in the postseason than the regular season (9 TD and 3 INTs, over 60% comp% in the postseason...all of which was accomplished on the road...compared to 29 TDs and 33 INTs and 54.4% in the regular season). If he can play closer to his postseason form, the Jets have a great chance to at least host a playoff game or snag a first-round bye. What they've done in the postseason has been impressive, but asking your team to win three road playoff games every season is too much...at some point they have to take the path of less resistance if they want to get to the Super Bowl.

And herein lies the Jets' problem. More than any one player, coach, or coordinator, I put where the Jets find themselves on Sanchez. This guy is simply not improving at a fast enough rate...I really thought he would be playing closer to the level he's shown in the playoffs, but he still can't seem to get there. 43 TDs and 43 INTs for his regular season career, and even if you throw out his rookie year (fair to do considering he was thrown right into action), the numbers over his last two seasons are not terribly good, especially in this era of pretty QB numbers.

Yeah, CR 1976, I agree with everything you say about Sanchez. He's stuck in mediocrity.

Sanchez is never going to be that great QB. What he can be is a solid QB who makes a few plays and doesn't turn it over while the defense and the running game does it thing. The problem is the Jets defense isn't that good, and their running game has really fallen off the map this year. Add it all up and it makes for a bad recipe.

Sanchez is never going to be that great QB. What he can be is a solid QB who makes a few plays and doesn't turn it over while the defense and the running game does it thing. The problem is the Jets defense isn't that good, and their running game has really fallen off the map this year. Add it all up and it makes for a bad recipe.

Good points, but Sanchez has shown flashes of very good play...and ironically enough, he's done that in bigger games, against tougher opponents (until this season). He was a big reason why the Jets were able to win four playoff road games the last two seasons (and was also part of the reason the Jets found themselves stuck on the road as a low seed to being with).

If you're a Jet fan, obviously you look at his playoff performances and say to yourself "I hope this guy can start playing like that more consistently." And I really did think it was going to happen starting this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if I can call it regression with Sanchez...he hasn't regressed when it comes to completion %, qb rating, and TD passes (this year will be a career high)

but he's just not advancing fast enough. He's still holding the offense back to an extent. He either holds the ball too long, or gets rid of it too fast before the receiver has even run his full route. The happy feet in the pocket still exists, ball security is still pretty bad.

3rd year. I'd expect more

Edited by '7'

Don't know if I can call it regression with Sanchez...he hasn't regressed when it comes to completion %, qb rating, and TD passes (this year will be a career high)

but he's just not advancing fast enough. He's still holding the offense back to an extent. He either holds the ball too long, or gets rid of it too fast before the receiver has even run his full route. The happy feet in the pocket still exists, ball security is still pretty bad.

3rd year. I'd expect more

Yeah, I agree.

That INT he just threw ... yuck.

Amazing how many NFL defenses cannot get it done when the game is on the line these days. We see it time and time again.

Sanchez's stat line will be one of the most bizarre ever for an NFL QB.