N.F.L. Week 6!

CRASHER

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny with Crash how what's good for the goose isn't necessarily good for the gander or all that...

G Att Cmp % Yds Avg TD's Lng INT Rating

66 927 1472 63.0 11903 8.1 87 80 50 93.8

38 609 1078 56.5 6555 6.1 37 87 28 75.1

The top Qb has a 31-14 record .688 winning %

and the bottom has a 26-12 record .684 winning %

Based on games where the highlight is 0 INT's (the tie breaker is TD's then yds thrown) and low light is 0 TD's:

The Top Qb's highlight game in his career consists of a 5 TD, 0 INT game which he passes for 306 yds against a team that finished the year with a 9-7 record...

his low light game consists of a 0 TD, 3 INT game which the team lost 10-6

The top Qb also lead his team to 2 playoff appearances and has 2 TD's and 1 INT record...

The Bottom Qb's highlight game in his career consists of a 2 TD, 0 INT game which he passes for 332 yds against a team that didn't win a game that year...

his low light game consists of a 0 TD, 5 INT game which the team lost 24-7

The bottom QB hasn't lead his team to any playoff appearances but was demoted to 3rd string the year his team went to the Super Bowl and lost...

Now it's obvious QB 1 is Romo and QB 2 is Orton....the point isn't saying who is the better QB...in the long run Orton may prove to be the better one, he certainly is proving it this year...

I was just bored and wanted to point out Crasher's obvious man-crush on Orton who, as Crasher very consistently points out, "just wins [insert expletive or wrestling reference]!"

:D

But I do have to say that the Giants first real litmus test commences this week and I think they will actually pull it off...I see them being a force and maybe losing only a handful that they should win...will they make it to the big dance? hard to say because they haven't had much in the way of knocks this year to see how they respond...but I'd say they are a better team than the Saints...but I might be saying that simply because I really don't think the Saints amount to anything in the long run....

the Top QB had a potentail HOF receiver, a top tier RB in Barber and a billion dollar o-line

the bottom QB had Devon Hester and Mush Mohammed and gems like Cedric Benson running the ball for him with the exception of matt forte

Orton with a REAL offense in 2009:

63 % 1236 yards, 7 TD, 1 Int, no fumbles lost

5-0 record

Romo in 2009:

58.2 % 1341 yards, 6 TD, 4 Int, 2 fumbles lost

3-2 record

Get back to me at the end of the year on this one

Orton can QB my team ANY day of the week

the Top QB had a potentail HOF receiver, a top tier RB in Barber and a billion dollar o-line

the bottom QB had Devon Hester and Mush Mohammed and gems like Cedric Benson running the ball for him with the exception of matt forte

Orton with a REAL offense in 2009:

63 % 1236 yards, 7 TD, 1 Int, no fumbles lost

5-0 record

Romo in 2009:

58.2 % 1341 yards, 6 TD, 4 Int, 2 fumbles lost

3-2 record

Get back to me at the end of the year on this one

Orton can QB my team ANY day of the week

You forgot Orton also has great coaches on the sideline...after all you are talking about what could very well be a career year for him so at least look at it with Romo's career year...

so...Romo in 2007 with a REAL offense and NO REAL coaching personnel:

64.4% 4211 yards, 36 TD, 19 INT, 5 fumbles lost

13-3 record

I'm not debating talent or even wins and I wouldn't mind Orton as my QB either but you also have to look at the coaching personnel...

Orton has had Lovie Smith who took his team to the Super Bowl and created an insane defense in 2006 while Romo has been stuck with Tuna who was way passed his prime by the time he reached us and the Phillips who...well, is Phillips...

There are a lot of factors that determine winners and losers...my only point, as I said before, was laughing at your man-crush...but don't worry its kinda sweet. :)

You forgot Orton also has great coaches on the sideline...after all you are talking about what could very well be a career year for him so at least look at it with Romo's career year...

You really wanna call Lovie Smith a great coach??? Really??? :blink:

I'm sure we're gonna be arguing this one all year long

(your better arguement is how well Cutler is doing with that same crappy offense in Chicago and a weaker defense... but don't let me fight your fight for ya B ) )

I've been an Orton-fan a long time now

and I only man-crush on Awesome Kong :wub:

Any coach who can create that D and lead the team to a Super Bowl with Grossman at the helm can be considered great in my book.

Now with Cutler you've got something there but he's pedigree and still creates those same kind of turnovers that Romo does...

Again, there's no real debate, I never thought there was anyway, its no different than trying to compare Romo to Aikman or whoever else based on stats...Are there other Qb's I'd take over Romo right now? Sure, but there are about 25 more that I wouldn't...

Now ask me about coaches because there are about 29 I'd take over Phillips...

Now ask me about coaches because there are about 29 I'd take over Phillips...

Tom Cable?

Dick Jauron?

The Human Man-Gina?

Del Rio? (eh, maybe him)

Jim Zorn?

Yes Wade is not the be-all answer.... but if we had a stronger presence in our co-coach in charge of the offense and took away his "Madden Rewind" plays, I think this would be a non-issue

Zorn isn't as bad as Dan the Man's decisions are...Fisher, as you said, is an "eh, maybe". So that leaves the 3 I wouldn't take over Phillips...and I agree...there are times the Ginger-headed Genius is just that and other times he calls plays like a 12 yr old playing Madden hopped up on Mt. Dew Code Red [a plug for my sponsors] It's the combination that is an abomination...one needs to hold guys accountable...lessen mistakes such as turnovers and penalties and we would be an amazing team on the field...at least this year the players are saying the right things and showing the right things...someone just needs to put them on the path of doing the right things...

The bounce of the balls and the lack of discipline that is dooming this team...in reality we are 4 minutes away from being an undefeated team and that is despite our problems with penalties and turnovers. But the main problem with that? I don't see it getting better...thankfully I don't think I see it getting worse though either...regardless of what Jerry says, I don't see it getting too much worse before he decides to put a stop to it...

Wow week 6 already!

This is a real test for the Giants. of course I guess playing the cowboys wasnt a real test for them? :P anyways, we'll see if the Giants can show up and beat a very good saints team! Giants need Jacobs to show up this year and start running and not running directly into the offensive line! HA! should be interesting. Brees might have a field day on our secondary if they dont show up!!!

I wasn't going to comment on the Cowboys game being a test simply because it was basically a test we gave you the answers to....and you still managed a C+

That was like saying the Broncos were the first test Cincy faced...it was the first game of the season and Cincy won on a miracle, never would happen again type of play....the first real test for them was the Baltimore game....high powered, good D...the Pack was just getting started and the Steelers were reeling with a 1-2 record...

Edited by UnderDogX

Wow week 6 already!

This is a real test for the Giants. of course I guess playing the cowboys wasnt a real test for them? :P anyways, we'll see if the Giants can show up and beat a very good saints team! Giants need Jacobs to show up this year and start running and not running directly into the offensive line! HA! should be interesting. Brees might have a field day on our secondary if they dont show up!!!

Giants pass rush is too good. Very curious to see how NO stacks up against Jacobs and Bradshaw, I don't think they match up very well and could be a good ground game for NYG

This is a real test for the Giants. of course I guess playing the cowboys wasnt a real test for them? :P

Was more a test for the Cowboys being it was the home game

.... and as they always do in this era.... you test and they fail epically :P

I'd be worried about the Jets. They're banged up in the receiving corps(no cotchery or Brad Smith) while Buffalo is getting healthier on both sides of the ball. Plus I'd think the Bill couldn't possibly play any worse, and this game would be the time to rally the troops around Jauron. At 1-4 this is their last gasp of the season and they will be very desperate.

Heart says 26-10 Jets, head is saying same old jets 26-23 Buffalo.

Edited by '7'

I'd be worried about the Jets. They're banged up in the receiving corps(no cotchery or Brad Smith) while Buffalo is getting healthier on both sides of the ball. Plus I'd think the Bill couldn't possibly play any worse, and this game would be the time to rally the troops around Jauron. At 1-4 this is their last gasp of the season and they will be very desperate.

I really hope you're right about that of course, but Trent Edwards can't change his socks without throwing a pick... the guy is a turn-over machine, and the Jets will make him pay dearly, with at least one pick 6. 27-10 Jets is my prediction, sounding the death knell on Jauron's career in Buffalo for sure.

I don't. This is a different Jet squad who has a pissed off coach and a weak schedule to bring back some momentum.

I really hope you're right about that of course, but Trent Edwards can't change his socks without throwing a pick... the guy is a turn-over machine, and the Jets will make him pay dearly, with at least one pick 6. 27-10 Jets is my prediction, sounding the death knell on Jauron's career in Buffalo for sure.

absolutely true, but what should've been his death knell last year turned into a contract extension.