Songs to Accompany an Air Horn

Rock

This from the NY Times from several weeks ago. I don't remember it being posted here. If it was please delete.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/18/sports/hockey/18songs.html?ref=hockey

Subtly, some teams have been moving toward playing goal songs for individual players. After the Detroit Red Wings score their first goal at a home game, they always play “Hey Hey Hockeytown,” written for the team by an advertising agency in 1996. But then they play different goal songs.

When Brian Rafalski scores, “Jump Around” is played because he is an alumnus of the University of Wisconsin, where the song is popular at games. “Newfie Stomp” is played after a goal by Dan Cleary, a native of Newfoundland. When Pavel Datsyuk scores, the team spokesman John Hahn said, the Red Wings play a song by Pitbull because Datsyuk likes the rapper.

Here comes another thread about hockey fans calling out each others morality and getting butthurt about people chanting "HEY, YOU SUCK" at the other team.

"Hey, you suck!" doesn't go far enough.

If we really want to stick it to the other team, we should chant "Hey, fvck you!" ... Or even better, "Hey, drop dead!" ... Or better still, "Hey, die pigs!"

Subtly, some teams have been moving toward playing goal songs for individual players. After the Detroit Red Wings score their first goal at a home game, they always play “Hey Hey Hockeytown,” written for the team by an advertising agency in 1996. But then they play different goal songs.

When Brian Rafalski scores, “Jump Around” is played because he is an alumnus of the University of Wisconsin, where the song is popular at games. “Newfie Stomp” is played after a goal by Dan Cleary, a native of Newfoundland. When Pavel Datsyuk scores, the team spokesman John Hahn said, the Red Wings play a song by Pitbull because Datsyuk likes the rapper.

I'm not sure about music when we score, but I've got some ideas for when we don't.

When Rolston gets the puck I'm thinking, "Oh No, Not You Again" by The Rolling Stones.

"Hey, you suck!" doesn't go far enough.

If we really want to stick it to the other team, we should chant "Hey, fvck you!" ... Or even better, "Hey, drop dead!" ... Or better still, "Hey, die pigs!"

The best is when we do this chant when we score a goal even though we are losing 4-1. The chant is fun but a little classless and dumb.

The best is when we do this chant when we score a goal even though we are losing 4-1. The chant is fun but a little classless and dumb.

I think the chant is awesome, but there are times when it would be wise to just let it go. The above is one of 'em.....

Just a little side note here as this gets derailed into yet another "To say 'You Suck!' or not to say 'You Suck!'" discussion ...

During Game 2, the only game where the Devils actually made the Flyers' goalie sweat, me and my section 225 cohorts had some fun with Brian Boucher's name similarity to The Waterboy, Bobby Boucher. On top of occasional singsongs of "Waaaater sucks, it really really sucks!" and "Gaaaaaaaaaaatoraaaaaaade!", we subsituted the "You Suck!" part of the goal chant to "Water sucks!"

Good times.