Hello.

RolandNJD

Hi... just thought I'd post since I'm new here. I forget how I came upon this site.

Um... some quick info on me because I don't want to bore people. I live (near) Toronto (Oshawa)... but I can assure you I'm not a Leafs fan. Every day I go through life getting ridiculed for being a hardcore Devils fan. But then I just remind my buddies that I've seen my team win three Stanley Cups.

I've seen the Devils play three times in person. Once in 96 if I'm not mistaken and they tied 2-2 in Toronto. And I've taken two road trips to Jersey to see them play in 99-00 beating Buffalo 4-1 I think... and the year after that in their first meeting with the Blue Jackets tying 2-all.

Other than that... it's sometimes cool to live here. I'm in college... one of my roommates' cousins is Matt Bradley (he plans for the Penguins)... a girl I know is the sister to Curtis Sanford of the Blues... and one of my professors, his daughter is married to Ron Tugnutt. In high school my friend's cousin was Joe Nieuwendyk. Never met him though.

And now that I've bored you, I'll leave.

Hi again... see you all around the forums.

Cheers,

- Roland

PS. And since I don't get to see a lot of games down here (not counting the playoffs)... I end up listening to them all on the radio. So I keep well informed with the team... as I disregard everyone bashing me while I do! :)

Edited by RolandNJD

Seems we add yet another Canadian fan to the ranks.

We're takin' over!! That's at least three for us in Ontario.

Welcome to the board Roland. I know what it's like to be a hardcore Devs fan right in the heart of the enemy homeland. :P

Don, in Ottawa

you wanna talk enemy territory ?? I lived in Brooklyn in 1994....

longest summer of my life !! :argh:

Yeah but it's easy to make fun of the Rangers. :)

Leaf fans are SO... um...

Anyway, thanks everyone! I actually look forward to having worth-while conversations of Devils hockey. I thought it never existed!

Cheers,

- Roland

Bonsoir de Montreal!

Yeah, there's a few Canadians, and me, an American hiding in Montreal. :hi: I might take a road trip to Toronto some time in late April, between my finals... but it seems like it would be a killer drive!!!

Leafs fans are a different breed. They kind of know what they're talking about but see the world in blue, so they're somewhat knowledgable and yet completely biased to the point of stupidity at the same time.

Ah, look at me, giving stereotypes. Oh well!

Welcome aboard!