2009 Subway Series' Thread

Hi, I'm VALUE!

This is off topic.. but still Mets/Yanks related sorta.. Red sox took 5-0 lead off of Bastardo in the 1st inning... and now that game is delayed...

wow... ill be so pissed if they end up calling that game... that be a huge break for philly.

btw anyone hear about bruney's stupid comments? k-rod's response was even better though :rofl:

What did KRod say?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like burnett has his A-game on... throwing mid to high 90's fastball with a mid-80's slider.

meanwhile bruney and k-rod had an altercation... man, bruney just cant stop and accept hes nothing more than an injury prone reliever. A NOBODY.

Edited by nmigliore

looks like burnett has his A-game on... throwing mid to high 90's fastball with a mid-80's slider.

meanwhile bruney and k-rod had an altercation... man, bruney just cant stop and accept hes nothing more than an injury prone reliever. A NOBODY.

Actually K-Rod pretty much instigated the altercation. Which is fine if the Mets put up today. No 10-4 losses or K-Rod blown saves. If the Mets win it shows they have a backbone and won't back down but if they spit the bit behind Santana it's just more proof positive of teams getting external motivation from our 'arrogance' :rolleyes:

Edited by Hasan4978

I've had it...done. Typical wusses, always fire up the other team to kick our ass and don't back up the yapping. I mean K-Rod's first response was nice but then picking a fight AFTER that just shows if Bruney's such a nobody why are you bothering with him? This week could have actually been salvaged even after the three wins but now the big mess is complete. Burnett'll probably go 7 IP, 1 ER have his Yankee moment :rolleyes:

fvckin pitiful offense. It's decision time .. Compete this year and acquire a bat or give up .. I'm sick of watching this horrible teAm find ways to choke

edit: wow... again... im turning it off.. yankees should be thankful the mets handed them this series.

Edited by nmigliore

• 2 weeks later...

I'm quite thankful we don't have to see Santana this series, because I KNOW he'd be motivated to stick it to us after his last outing.

Friday: Sabathia vs. Pelfrey

Saturday: Burnett vs. Redding

Sunday: Wang vs. Hernandez

The Yankees set up well to win on Saturday. Redding is a pitcher that can be taken advantage of, and ever since his horrendous start against the Sox, Burnett has pitched relatively well.

Tonight is going to be a good pitching matchup. Sunday is anyone's guess.

GL.

Here are your pitching matchups for this weekend's series:

Tonight: 7:10 (Channel 9, SNY)

CC Sabathia (6-4 3.71) vs Mike Pelfrey (5-2, 4.74)

Saturday: 7:10 (YES, MLB Network, Channel 11)

AJ Burnett (5-4, 4.24) vs Tim Redding (1-2, 6.08)

Sunday: 8:00 (ESPN)

CM Wang (0-6, 11.20) vs Livan Hernandez (5-2, 4.05)

Don't be surprised if Redding pitches well, his last couple of outings have been much better.

He also baffles the Phillies, arguably the best offensive ball-club in the NL, which is very strange (and they have a bunch of lefties!).. I honestly dont know what to expect from Redding.. Pelf got hit pretty hard last year vs NYY I believe, but he managed to win.. Livan has pitched very well this year, I think that game is winnable.

But then again this lineup could just go ice cold and that will give the yanks an easy sweep.

Edited by nmigliore

So, after Castillo's drop and the three errors tonight is it any wonder that I call the Mets the Junior Varsity?

so now its about errors? both teams had 83 last year.

both clubs always usually put up solid defensive teams, we aren't talking about lowly defensive teams like the Nats or Marlins here.

Edited by nmigliore

Yay another win. The JV looking very J the last two days.

And much respect to the Yankee fan who stopped David Wright from catching Cano's foul ball. Cano didn't do anything with the opportunity but that is how you represent when you have the opportunity.

Yay another win. The JV looking very J the last two days.

you do know the mets are missing... pretty much everyone on their team besides, like, wright.. right?

And much respect to the Yankee fan who stopped David Wright from catching Cano's foul ball. Cano didn't do anything with the opportunity but that is how you represent when you have the opportunity.

ha, you mean the stupid juicehead guido? that guy looked like a tool.. probably your typical stupid italian yankee fan who doesn't know more than 3 players on the team, but cheers for them b/c hes italian and from "da bwonx"

you do know the mets are missing... pretty much everyone on their team besides, like, wright.. right?

ha, you mean the stupid juicehead guido? that guy looked like a tool.. probably your typical stupid italian yankee fan who doesn't know more than 3 players on the team, but cheers for them b/c hes italian and from "da bwonx"

You can only beat the teams you play. Just because the Mets are a small market team that cannot afford any depth is not the Yankees concern.

That guy did what you are supposed to do when you have a chance.

You can only beat the teams you play. Just because the Mets are a small market team that cannot afford any depth is not the Yankees concern.

yeah your statement makes total sense, i mean the Mets only lead the NL in payroll; thats definitely a small market team.

That guy did what you are supposed to do when you have a chance.

lol? he missed the ball because his steroid enlarged hands couldn't catch the ball and he played it off as if he purposely did something useful.

Edited by nmigliore