Bhutto Assassinated

njdevil26

B Bhutto wasn't exactly Princess Diana. It wasn't very long ago that no one in Washington DC would be caught dead in the same bus with her. (pardon the expression.) I have a very big problem with the US trying to run other countries' democracies. It comes out that we just back one dictator after another. In 3-4 years, she probably would have turned out just like Musharaff has. Heck, she already did it once before, as her father did.

All the same, it is a sad day for the people of Pakistan.

I don't know enough about her history to have a comment of any value other than thanking God I'm an American. We should all be more grateful for the freedom and stability we have here. Our country has some issues but is still the greatest.

I don't know enough about her history to have a comment of any value other than thanking God I'm an American. We should all be more grateful for the freedom and stability we have here. Our country has some issues but is still the greatest.

unfortunately we played a big role in facilitating the assassination. we were the main actors in negotiating bhutto return to pakistan. since the us government felt she would do a better job going after al qaeda in the tribal regions in pakistan. second, we have been propping up a military dictator that is not popularly elected. while he does benefit our interests in the short term this will wind up turning into a disaster. we are radicalizing a country that previously did not have a large extremist population. in fact if a popular and free election was called tomorrow a hamas like result would not occur.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.