NFL Off Season 2015 - Coaches, Caps, and Combines OH MY!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supposedly Marrone 'bombed' his interview with the Jets lol. Which is probably code for everyone and their grandmother was ripping this guy including one of his former assistants :P

Not according to this from Rich Cimini:

'Marrone -- He spent Monday interviewing with the Falcons. His interview with the Jets was said to be excellent. He was the Jets' offensive-line coach from 2002 to 2005. '

Edited by MadDog2020

Jason La Canfora is probably what Joe and Evan are reading from.  From Rotoworld:

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Doug Marrone's head-coaching interview with the Jets over the weekend "did not go well."

Marrone was being talked about as a shoo-in for the Jets' job after he opted out of his contract with the Bills, but it sounds like the head of "St. Doug" may be growing too big for his own good. Per La Canfora, Seahawks DC Dan Quinn is now "well positioned" to land the head-coaching gig with Gang Green. 

Not according to this from Rich Cimini:

"Marrone -- He spent Monday interviewing with the Falcons. His interview with the Jets was said to be excellent."

I can only hope that Dick Cimini is right on this. I have been a big fan of Marrone's since he was a Jets Assistant in 2005. The fact that he went 15-17 over two seasons in Buffalo with: Kyle Orton, EJ Manuel & Thad Lewis.. is nothing short of remarkable. Absolutely remarkable. He can coach my team any day.

COME BACK HOME DOUGIE

marone-mawae.jpg

Jason La Canfora is probably what Joe and Evan are reading from. From Rotoworld:

Jason La Canfora is THE WORST information man in the business, to the point where his colleagues laugh about him behind his back. That guy is never right about anything. I wouldn't believe him if he told me the sun would rise tomorrow morning.

Seems like the Jets are hotter for Dan Quinn than Doug Marrone as of now. Who knows how he did with the interview....reports are conflicting. I think Marrone may be revisited if they don't get Quinn.

fwiw Francesa loves Todd Bowles as a HC candidate.

Some interesting moves in the last few days.

Perry Fewell is gone.

Atlanta's GM got demoted to managing all non-player things and the assistant GM is now going to manage all things pro and college personnel.

Todd Haley extended through 2016

Rob Ryan somehow keeps his job in 2015

And most shockingly, the new report is that Kyle Shanahan and Cleveland are no more, though that's merely Twitter chatter from NFL on Fox.

Some interesting moves in the last few days.

Perry Fewell is gone.

Atlanta's GM got demoted to managing all non-player things and the assistant GM is now going to manage all things pro and college personnel.

Todd Haley extended through 2016

Rob Ryan somehow keeps his job in 2015

And most shockingly, the new report is that Kyle Shanahan and Cleveland are no more, though that's merely Twitter chatter from NFL on Fox.

The Browns Qb coach left as well

No surprise with a dolt like Mike Pettine running the show

Latest rumors say it's Dan Quinn to the Jets. Close to a done deal

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/1/8/7514445/rumour-jets-will-hire-dan-quinn-fox-sports

If that's true, it's fantastic news for the offense, and probably good news for the defense.  Kyle Shanahan (who Dan Quinn wants as his OC) has done a hell of a lot more with a hell of a lot less than the Jets have on offense.

Not if his dad is going to the Bears lol

true true...actually I'm still a big believer in Shanahan (Mike) and wouldn't mind him coaching the Jets. Still some fresh young blood is needed as well so I'm sort of excited with Quinn potentially being hired.

Shanahan in Chicago. One last chance to salvage Cutler.

Still a little iffy on Kyle Shanahan (rather his dad call the plays) but at least if it is Kyle here his dad will be in the fold with the organization somehow

I could definitely see that happening. Kinda like when Tom Moore came in as an Assistant OC \ Consultant.

He was in 2011

Paul Hackett, Brian Schottenheimer, Tom Moore, Tony Sparano, Marty Mornhinweg, and now Kyle Shanahan.. all calling offensive plays for the Jets since 2005.

6 coordinators\consultants over the span of 10 years. smfh, you simply can't make this sh!t up.

Paul Hackett, Brian Schottenheimer, Tom Moore, Tony Sparano, Marty Mornhinweg, and now Kyle Shanahan.. all calling offensive plays for the Jets since 2005.

6 coordinators\consultants over the span of 10 years. smfh, you simply can't make this sh!t up.

This makes think that wherever Rex goes (if it's not the booth) I sure hope he doesn't poach Karl Dunbar and Dennis Thurman. Two very solid coaches who we should keep around even with a new regime coming in.

Moore was never a playcaller with us, he was just an 'advisor' when Schotty was the OC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Moore_(American_football_coach)

He was employed by us, apparently working from home though lol.  I didn't even realize he was still in the league with Arizona as an assistant head coach for them now.

This makes think that wherever Rex goes (if it's not the booth) I sure hope he doesn't poach Karl Dunbar and Dennis Thurman. Two very solid coaches who we should keep around even with a new regime coming in.

I think it's a fait accompli those guys go with Rex.  Quinn or whoever the head coach is will probably have to hire their own guys.

lol oh boy there goes the neighborhood:

Filed to ESPN: Bills putting finishing touches on deal that will make Rex Ryan their next HC, per sources. More on Sunday NFL Countdown.

Guess Woody can eat his words now about how Marrone opting out was a good thing :P  And Rex supposedly wants Trestman to be his OC which might be a coup since Trestman got All-Pro play out of Josh McCown.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I wonder if he'll tell the Bills faithful that he's not coming there to kiss BB's rings.

I think it's a good hire for the Bills...that D is already good and will get better under Rex.  But that won't be enough...Rex needs to show that he knows something about the other side of the ball too (I think he'll learn from his mistakes).  I have a feeling Rex is going to do a terrific job with the Bills...and I think the Pats-Bills and Jets-Bills rivalries are about to get a lot more heated.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976