Steve Moore

bg.

yes you can fall on the ice and break your neck, especially if you're unconscious as your falling.

Hrm. I wonder why he was unconcious. :huh:

One has less of chance of breaking anything if unconscious because they are limp...kinda like a kid falling down a flight of stairs and walking away crying more from fright...when aware one flexes which is why adults can break a leg over a simple trip.

btw...I wonder too Don...guess having someone grab your head and slamming it into the ice wouldn't be a good reason eh ;)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still looking for the video of the hit, that works...can someone link me....it is a very hot topic is the sports psychology class i;m sitting in now..please help asap

can no longer find the fight on hockeyfights.com can someone link us??? the other site shows the aftermath but not the acutally fight it's self....grrr.......poor moore

I just saw the play on ESPNews.

Bertuzzi should be gone for the rest of the regular season for sure with that gutless sucker punch. Whether or not he drove his head into the ice I couldn't tell, but if Campbell judges that to have been intentional, I think he should be gone for the rest of the playoffs too.

"will this is going to get really complicated. The punch likely didn't break his neck, the fall did. The question is, did Bertuzzi deliberately push Moore's head into the ice?"

"7" in response to your post earlier, from the following clip from cnnsi, it sounds as though Bertuzzi did "drive him face first into the ice" and if thats the case, he should face criminal charges PERIOD!!!

"Bertuzzi, Naslund's linemate and close friend, punched Moore in the head from behind while skating at center ice. The 245-pound Canucks winger then jumped on Moore's back and drove him face first into the ice, knocking him unconscious."

Can anyone spell J A I L? People were calling for Heatley to go to jail, and that was two friends out for a ride. This was assault, on or off the ice. Inexcusable. The NHL wants to know what is destroying the game? Just keep watching the replays of what was done to Moore. :saddevil:

Bertuzzi, should be out as long as moore is.....once moore comes back bertuzzi gets to sit out another year for being an ASS HOLE....I suggest life time ban...effective NOW!

If you watch in real time (not slow mo) you'll see bertuzzi does NOT slam his face.

He falls on him as they trip and other players jump in.

Suspended Rest of season + 3 playoff games.

You know what my problem is, though? Had Bertuzzi not even grabbed the back of his sweater and punched him from behind he wouldn't have fallen on top of him in the first place. Whether he slammed his head into the ice or not, it was a chain reaction and either way it's bad, very bad.

ms, i just cant agree with you on this one...we just watched the video in class, and most everyone is saying the rest of this year period, including playoffs...when you sucker punch someone, you are responsable for what happens to them period.if he didnt punch, he doesnt fall, he doesnt break his neck, the punch caused everything....thus bertuzzi gets nailed to the wall!

I say you are responsible for the RESULT of your actions, not the action itself.

Turd MEANT to injure Moore. That much is clear. We are debating HOW BADLY he wanted to injure Moore. I don't think that relevant.

He MEANT to injure Moore, he took action to injure Moore, Moore has broken neck. End story. He is thrown out of the game and faces criminal charges, ala McSorley.

I cut someone's break lines in the hopes of injuring someone. They end up getting in an accident and dying. I go to court and say "well, yeah, I cut the break line, but I didn't mean for him to die... it's not like I hooked up a bomb under the car".

I go to jail for murder, the RESULT of my action. I don't go to jail for cutting the break line.

Edited by Don Whiting