Home Sweet Home

Rock

Matt Loughlin

All in the family

http://www.msgnetwork.com/fans/personality...nav_key=nhl_njd

October 21, 2002

What do you call six adults, five children, three dogs and one cat living under one roof? Devils' forwards Joe Nieuwendyk and Jamie Langenbrunner call that temporary living arrangement, "friendship."

Nieuwendyk, with wife Tina, their two children, nanny and three dogs, are joined by Langenbrunner, wife Elizabeth, three kids, nanny and cat. And all are living together

Do there wives work? Really?

Nanny shmanny...as if their charitable doings keeps them busy 24/7 that they need a live-in nanny. Hire a 24/7 housekeeper instead and hang out with the kids ladies! I hate the way affluenza changes people.

i can hear them now -- Oh we're going to build out in blahblahblah and live right next to soandso. Where do you get your ugly fake nails done? i want mine done JUUUST like them! Oh and the icky frosting job on the hair -- OOOh and where do you get your's blown out to a dry crisp - I simply must know!! Oh Maria -- can you bake ten sheets of cookies for the PTA meeting please -- thanks bunches!! I'm so glad we found her -- we'd just be lost if I had to do any of the menial tasks left to your average everyday wife...and we can afford every convenience for the dear too - as long as I don't have to do anything - heeheehee!

SHEEP! YOU'RE ALL SHEEP!!! :soap:

You're guess is as good as mine where I get this stuff from...it just bubbles up!

Oh and then when they're on their own like this week -- "Hey are you taking tennis with Sven? Heeheehee - what a forehand, huh! Wink wink! Well if he can have his bytch in Georgia I can have my tennis pro...and golf pro! And pool boy -- Heeheehee! I'm thinking about taking up horseback riding at the Equestrian center now...I love a good afternoon ride! YeeeHAAAWWW!!!"

Hopefully, they don't get into any domestic arguements... that could be bad :unsure: haha

Here

PK-

I think we all know that women can be a lot harder on other women than men are. The nanny thing is just what people with money spend money on these days, whether they need one or not. I worked out of my house for 8 years so I could be around my kids when they were groing up. I don't regret it. They live in Seattle and Chicago now. I hope these parents spend time with their kids.

Pepperkorn - your boy Stevens had a housekeeper & Dano had a nanny & a cook.

I don't know about Donna Stevens but I doubt Dano's wife (the ex-Nets cheerleader) works. So this isn't exactly new on the Devs.

Well see then? I approve of Donna! Really wouldn't you rather be playing with the kids than keep house?

As for Nannies - I suppose I can see the value of a second set of eyes when you go to the beach with a bunch of toddlers and stuff. But the idea of it rubs me the wrong way... I'd use any extra money I had to stay with my children not hire someone to take care of the drudgery of parenting. These aren't families that require the likes of Mary Poppins, you know? There is an art to ignoring your children properly and it takes generations of training! :lol:

Nice article! Thanks for posting it.

PK - I know you're just joking so please don't take this as meant for you, but if I had a household with 2 newborns, an 18 month old, and 2 pre-k'ers, and could afford it, I'd love to have a nanny/housekeeper! :rolleyes:

Joe comes from a large, very close-knit Dutch family so he's probably loving every minute of the chaos! :D

Also, from the "more than you ever wanted to know" department :P , Joe was the spokesperson for the SPCA in Calgary and in Texas because he loves animals. He rescued a hurt baby bird from the side of the road on his way to practice one day and had Tina come and take it to the vet; and he literally "fished" a possum (I think) who was drowning in a creek with Mike Modano's umbrella. Saved the possum, ruined the umbrella. :)