Soccer style NHL Jerseys

jagknife

These jersey are all pretty nice... EXCEPT OURS. The sash on the red jersey looks so terrible, and I guess the white prudential one is passable...but compared to the other jerseys ours is so plain and not unique at all. The Oilers one is pretty horrendous too, but man whoever made these really skimped on our design. I would like to see a revamped Jersey without the sash.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if the NHL licensed this, the Devils would never have them as long as Lou is around because of the huge Prudential logo. Not gonna happen. Even in the minors there’s no sponsorship on any of the jerseys (and in the ECHL at least, pretty much everyone has sponsors on the jerseys, if only on the back, at the bottom).

Frankly I wouldn’t be interested in a Prudential jersey, which is what it looks like…

Most, if not all of the AHL teams have a sponsor logo on the front of the jerseys, they just aren't the primary logo

article_16166_2.jpg

In hockey it is easy to figure out because the jerseys are all designed differently, teams use unique color palettes, and logos are large. Sure, if you're watching your first hockey game ever, you might be confused because you aren't familiar with any team logos or colors. But it's easy to pick up fast. Soccer is much more confusing for the reasons I stated, plus you can add on that since the field is larger the players are harder to see on TV. Soccer fields also generally look the same, while hockey rinks have team logos in the center, plus other unique features that help you distinguish them.

People would say the same about football, i think its just a case of you have grown up with hockey, and therefore find it easily recognisable to you and you can't see why coming in from a completley new perspective would be difficult. From a TV perspective its difficult to see from a wide angle, but these days there are so many zoom angles it only takes about 2 minutes to see a shirt up close.

This only supports my point. It's confusing. Why can't each team just have 2-3 unique colors and build their jerseys around those? Also, why aren't their more unique designs? Some of them have stripes, but you don't see many of the curved patterns or designs that you see on a lot of hockey jerseys. From what I've seen, a lot of soccer jerseys are just solid colors. Why not design them better to distinguish one from another?

They cant for the exact reasons i mentioned, your home colours have to be fundimentally different to you away or 2nd and third shirt colours to avoid colour clashes. If your home kit is blue and their home kit is red whats the point i wearing your alternate shirt?

Also with the number of proffesional football teams in opperation, it becomes very difficult to design a truley unique kit with unique colours. Also you wont see many curves or interesting designs in football, as most of the kits are based around the traditional kits which were originally designed over 100 years ago in some cases (most cases really) and people like their tradition.

Also remember that the shorts and socks are also key to identify other teams, its not just the shirt.

I do agree btw that it is slightly more difficult to pick out football shirts, but again i think its just a case of what you are used to and what you have been brought up watching.

Most, if not all of the AHL teams have a sponsor logo on the front of the jerseys, they just aren't the primary logo

article_16166_2.jpg

Oh I'm sure all the AHL teams - except Albany - have them. But those are still team jerseys. These things aren't Devil jerseys, they're Prudential jerseys.

The Kalamazoo Wings wear warmup jerseys that are McDonalds golden arches. Front and back. But those are warmups; not game jerseys. That might be an interesting trend.