WHY FRIESEN???

Guest Devsrule

Guest Devsrule

Why are you guys bashing the hell out of him for not scoring, when there are 8 or 9 other forwards with the same problem????!!!!!!!! Madden?? Langenbrunner? Brylin?? This has just been a bad year, sometimes we forget that these players are HUMAN, and are not perfect all the time, despite them being professionals.

I was at game 4, and he impresses me the most with his hustle, and unlike half the team, his shots actually hit the net.

Bottom line is that he is a great player and deserves another chance. Look at Elias and Gomez, they sucked last year, and now look.

Friesen should be back next season.

The reason we're annoyed is because he's a paid professional, and we pay to see him perform to the best he can.

Obviously the bounces aren't going his way this year, and we can understand that, but it seems like some new line configurations are necessary to get scoring again...

Guest Devsrule

Like what?? Our defense as a team has been awful, besides game three they have been manhandled in almost every aspect of the game.

Friesen is merely the whipping boy of the week, haven't you guys realized the trend this season? (ermm..well, not just THIS season, pretty much every year, but yeah) Every week people get on the case of a new player, this week it's Jeff's turn.

And yeah, Freeze DOES deserve some of the crap he's getting because he's been invisable in three of the four games in this series. There have been many other players who have yet to show up as well, but sometimes it's just easier for the fans to get on the case of certain players, obviously Friesen is one of them. People love John Madden. People love Sergei Brylin. Both players have been just as invisable as Friesen, but they're not going to say as much because there is simply more love for those guys.

I agree with HellonIce. Their first job is defense and they had been doing a pretty fine job of keeping their line from not scoring at full strength. We got kind of used to them chipping in goals.

I really strongly disagree with those saying we're playing like crap. Maybe you should watch some crap teams play before you say that us outplaying them and outchancing them is crap. Obviously we're not seeing the best results. But they're not slacking and they don't let anything get to them. They keep on coming.

As for Friesen, well yeah it's just his time in the dunk tank. He's gonna be gone. He signed one year for $3 mill. That's not a number Lou's gonna wanna match and give out again for what we've gotten no matter how nice a guy Freeze is.

I have more problems with our goaltender (and esp. his mouth and ego) then I have for ANY of the other guys on the ice. (Well except the ones being scratched.) And obviously I can't have too much problem with him cause he's Marty. But he should shut his yap and worry about his own game.

Edited by Elias Sports Bureau

Here's why, with the exception of the finals last year Freisen has been a HUGE bust....

the guy is fast as lightning yet rarely uses his speed to his advantage, is not good defensivley.

I still resent the lack of effort that Syk gave in the car series... but i wish that trade could be undone...one of the biggest mistakes LL made.....

Friesen should be back next season.

Whether he is or isn't ain't up to us. But on this team, during this year, he has to be better. He has to be a catalyst. Langer was hurt--he has a little excuse. Madden has been awful offensely, but he's one of the best checking centers in the league. If you're saying Friesen and Brylin have the same offensive expectations, then we're in really big trouble.

I think Jeff's a nice guy, and a good player. But he has to score. That's it. He has to score. Imagine if he got his game together and energized another scoring line? This would be a different series, IMO.

Right now, we're seeing the same sort of enigma that made the Ducks ship him out, and the Sharks before that. He's been different since 2001 for whatever reason...

<JESTER>

Sykora had just as bad a season, if not worse, considering he was playing with Sergei Fedorov and Friesen with Igor Larionov.

I'm tired of people defending him and wanting him back.

Friesen has just had an awful season but you can write it off if he showed up in the playoffs. So far, he hasn't, and it's about time that he does.

no athlete deserves what he gets paid....

I disagree. Think of how happy we all felt when we won the cup last year- those athlete train hard and deserve every penny of what they earn if they can make that many people that happy, even for a few minutes.

And hockey players earn a pittance compared to some...like David Beckham and his 25mil a season.