Thanks Guys

Elias Sports Bureau

my favorite moments of the season:

Opening night-the banner raising

Niedermayer winning the fastest skater competition at the skills competition

Marty, Niedermayer, and gang at the A.S game.

Daneyko night. They should have retired his number

Marty getting win # 400

Scott Clemenson having great games this year

Marty's first half was unbelieveable, but he struggled after the A.S. break.

It would really be topped off as a success if Niedermayer wins the Norris Trophy

We can't forget that the Devils now have the record for the lowest GA in a season at 164. It broke the 99-00 Blues record by 1 at 165.

The EGG line was awesome. Lets hope we see that next season.

Edited by femalenynjazfan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best moments, hmmm:

Does the Cup celebration count? Hot as hell but fun nonetheless. :)

Marty's early run and 400th AND consecutive years record. :clap:

Valentine's Day surprise game AND dinner. :wub:

All the games I did get to go to. :dance:

My son buying a Devils poster at the school book sale even though I told him to buy a book. He bought a book for his brother, anyway. :P

Weekend season tickets for next season to look forward to. Please let there be a next season. :pray:

and last but definitely not least... ;)

"Meeting" you all and all the fun moments on this forum. Maybe next season I'll actually get to meet some of you. Hey, how 'bout a NJDevs bar-b-que? :rolleyes:

My favorites from this past year.

Seeing Elias, and Gomez finally gel. When they are on it is a fine show...

Seeing Pandolfo finally getting rewarded for his hard work with some nice goals. His confidence seemed higher than ever, and he played like he believed he could actually score, and then he did...

Don't remember the game, but Rasmussen came in on a breakaway, put the puck between his legs, off his skates, and back to his stick and scored, think Marshall fed him, it was a beautiful goal...

Seeing Paul Martin play so well. At the beginning of the year, I thought "this is gonna be ugly with all these young kids", but Paul stepped it up, and looked good throughout, but especially the Power play...

Seeing all of our backups perform so well, when given the chance, Schwabb, Clemmonsen, both played great, and have awesome numbers in supporting roles...

Scott Stevens day. Last time I saw him on the ice. He looked good, and they gave him a Quad :D

Seeing Dano in the booth. I really think he should be part of the crew full time. He is articulate, and offers insight to the team of a recent player/leader.

Seeing our ex-boys doing so well, from Sullivan in Nashville, to Souray, and Dowd in Montreal, and ALL the rest. I like seeing our boys going on to strong careers, it is a credit to our fine talent staff, and it seems like there are devils everywhere throughout the league...

There are plenty more, but these were my favorites for the year. Some like Neids, or Marty having great years are great, and all, but these were the little things, I was glad to see...

chris

My highlights for this season are:

1. Banner night, getting to see the cup. Although a win would've been nice, and I lost all my pictures that I took when my computer broke down.

2. Getting free lower-level 12th row tickets to a win over the thrashers and then getting my jersey signed by 7 players after the game (Marty, Elias, Friesen, Pando, Brylin, Rafalski, and Scotty Clemmensen).

3. Watching Marty get his 400th win!

I'll just say a few- there's a lot, surprisingly.

Watching Clemmy get a shutout his first NHL start.

Seeing Burns' brainchild come to life (EGG line).

Nieder getting the OT goal against the Panthers for Marty's 400th win.

I have to say, Larionov's bitter-sweet first goal of season againts the Rags.

-Being the defending champions for a year.

-Watching Elias and Gomez work their magic (could be even better in the future)

-Larionov FINALLY scoring a goal

-Those 2 goals in the last 3 minutes to beat the Sens

-Almost catching the Flyers without Stevens for half the year

-Devils finally gettign recognition by having Niedermayer, Stevens, Brodeur voted as starters in the ASG!

My favorite Devils moments:

-Banner and Bolt: Watching the banner go up and then racing to YS for Game 7 vs Boston

- Thanksgiving in SoCal: Seeing the Devils blank LA and then tying Anaheim where I bright my giant inflateable Stanley Cup to taunt Duck "fans"

- Sudden Victory: Last minute silencing in Ottawa. OT wins vs NYI and LA

- Newark Nearer: I always save my ticket stubs (what I can I say, I am compulsive like that). I attended 26 Rangers home games this year (23 against teams not named the NJD). I went to 4 reg season Devils home games (banner and the pin games). Once the Newark arena arrives those numbers will reverse.