Rags keep winning

Blown01NJ

All i am asking is stop looking at stats all the damn time trying to justify what a team should not or should be doing. This goes for the other dataheads here. Just watch the games. I don't care what their shooting % is, their save %, they're % of anything. They are winning games, playing well and through 27 games look like they have a legit shot at doing something. There's enough reasons why they are where they are that picking apart shooting percentages really isn't something to hang a hat on.

All of us "dataheads" are also the same ones that were saying at the 1st half of last year that the team was underperforming in every possible statistical category, and that it wasn't sustainable. Lo and behold, we then witnessed the 2nd half where we probably overperformed in many of those same categories. The fact is that stats do matter, and they're there for a reason. Currently the Rangers are pretty far ahead of where normal probability should have them, and their record reflects it. Probability is probability and noone knows how long it will go on for, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that eventually the Rangers will fall back down to normal statistical ranges, or even further, and then you'll see the true face of that team.

If the Rangers were a team that was winning through real skill and hard work (ie, winning while maintaining normal shooting %, save %, etc), I would have no problem agreeing with most of the people here.

Edited by Amberite

All of us "dataheads" are also the same ones that were saying at the 1st half of last year that the team was underperforming in every possible statistical category, and that it wasn't sustainable. Lo and behold, we then witnessed the 2nd half where we probably overperformed in many of those same categories. The fact is that stats do matter, and they're there for a reason. Currently the Rangers are pretty far ahead of where normal probability should have them, and their record reflects it. Probability is probability and noone knows how long it will go on for, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that eventually the Rangers will fall back down to normal statistical ranges, or even further, and then you'll see the true face of that team.

If the Rangers were a team that was winning through real skill and hard work (ie, winning while maintaining normal shooting %, save %, etc), I would have no problem agreeing with most of the people here.

Not counting tonight, which will shoot their PDO up even further, the Rangers have a 1032 PDO. The PDO champions, the 2008-09 Boston Bruins, only managed a 1028 (with 3 games missing, for some reason). Lundqvist might just be having the season of his life and that's enough to make the Rangers formidable, but outside the net, they're a .500 team.

Problem with that is the Devils didn't improve in the second because they 'returned to the mean', they improved because they got rid of a bad coach and moody captain that didn't want to be here.

King Henry is a difference maker. his last three years have been very very good and 0.92+ GAA is his average over that span so its not like he should be expected to fall far from his current level.

Gaborik needs to pull a disappearing act again or this is a PO team! that or their shot blocking stunts start DLing them :puke:

Problem with that is the Devils didn't improve in the second because they 'returned to the mean', they improved because they got rid of a bad coach and moody captain that didn't want to be here.

Of course, the coaching change helped, but do you honestly believe it helped so much as to create a 22-3-2 record or whatever it was? It doesn't matter who we had back there, we were on a hot streak, and like all hot streaks, it's temporary and eventually the team falls back in line with probability. The Rangers don't have anywhere near the 22-3-2 record and still people here are talking like they're going to win the Cup.

Rags are good, definitely better than us. stanley cups aren't won in December

it sucks to admit but true. DECEMBER

more stable franchise, resources out the ass. original six team

how sather conned MTL to take Gomez is beyond me. alcohol

then you look at us.

Franchise is broke rumor, billionare interested in buying the team would bring stability

We can't draw a decent crowd for sh!t. couldn't do that when we were winning cups every few years, what is your point?

No plan for LAB (life after Brodeur). several goalies in the system like kinkaid, there's always a plan

ZP might be leaving. every team has these issues

We aren't even spending up to cap. we're slightly under the cap, will be helpful come deadline time

Finally, with Rags, Pens, Caps and Flyers in new division it;s gonna be VERY hard to make playoffs. all you did was add the caps, who are worse than us

hate to be doom and gloom but this is our new reality.

Uh...