Official Game Day Thread - Leafs at Flyer Game 5

Satans Hockey

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would "Blackhawks Down" be politically incorrect? That was a movie title reference, no? How could a movie title reference be non-PC?

I guess in a military sense, with troops overseas, someone might find it politically incorrect.

I can find no other reason for them not to be calling them that now. It's certainly catchier than Chicago line. (Even though Chicago was a better flick. ;) )

Why would "Blackhawks Down" be politically incorrect? That was a movie title reference, no? How could a movie title reference be non-PC?

Well, it was a movie about the shooting down of one of our Helicoptors in Somalia and the disaster that the relief operations turned into. Considering the times it is the kind of thing that ESPN might feel was innapropriate to use as a 'light-hearted' nick-name for a line considering the death it actually represents. I'm surprised they changed it because a Flyer, not ESPN, came up with it, but I can see why it might make some people uncomfortable.

Bah...Esche has to be pulled and with the Leafs having gotten a late goal at the end of the first it looked like they had a chance, but they get two goals for Burke before he even breaks a sweat :P

Well like Don said they had to lose one game anyway, might as well be Game 5. But if I'm Quinn (perish the thought!) I pull Belfour now and start giving the third and fourth-liners more time.

But if I'm Quinn (perish the thought!) I pull Belfour now and start giving the third and fourth-liners more time.

Quinn has been playing all four lines pretty balanced, each line hovering around 15 minutes of ice time, literally. Would be interesting if Domi logged more minutes than Sundin :P

6-2!

Come back Toronto! Make Philly look AWFUL!

Edit: Oh man, them losing a 2-0 series lead then lose a game where they lead 6-1? That would be the epitome of "CHOKERS." Please fulfill my dream, Leafs!

Edited by mrsheeps

Flyers need to save some for the next game.

Leafs blown away and this is great because it will be in their head for the next game.

Has Belfour ever had as bad a playoff game?

Nieuwy is playing better for the Leafs in playoffs than he did for the Devils. Probably all season and last year.