Attendance- 10,328

'7'

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That seems way too high. Think about it. There are 18,200 seats at MSG for Ranger games. You mean to tell me 14,560 consist of corporate seats?

As I said, I don't know where the % were listed so I can't verify IF it is or was accurate. Having said that, I guarantee that the Ranger$ have one of the highest, if not the highest, % of corporate season tickets in the entire NHL given their location in a major urban center.

You guys gotta admit, Devils hockey is hockey only a Devil fan could love. Not every night do they play games that are hard to watch (the Lightning game was an exception) but we aren't wowin' 'em very often offensively.

Very true. Like many posters, I have Center Ice, and it's much more enjoyable to watch some of the other teams. Obviously as a Devils fan, I watch every game, but from a "hockey fans" point of view, it's much more exciting and fun to watch other teams.

I disagree z-man. Kind of. I just can't get into watching any team except for the Devils. I've tried to watch other games on Center Ice and while I'll sit in front of the TV and watch, there just isn't that emotional attachment to the outcome. I calmly just sit there and watch the game. The style of play doesn't as much to do with it as far as my hockey enjoyment is concerned.

Very true. Like many posters, I have Center Ice, and it's much more enjoyable to watch some of the other teams. Obviously as a Devils fan, I watch every game, but from a "hockey fans" point of view, it's much more exciting and fun to watch other teams.

I totally disagree with you too.

I have Center Ice and I much prefer watching a Devils game to ANYONE else. But maybe that proves your point and makes me a Devils fan.

I'm not a Devils fan because of regionality. I'm a Devils fan because I like their play. I like how the defense can spur on the offense. I like how they don't give another team a red carpet to the net. They work hard, they work for each other, and the way they celebrate each other's goals has always seemed to be proof of that for me.

Seeing other games is just killing time until the next Devils game for me. I love hockey, so it's not exactly like watching 60 Minutes for me, but I'd prefer a Devils game in every circumstance.

I'll continue to whine until things change for the better in Devil land, right now this team isn't worth anybodys time and money. It's the cold, hard facts people.

If you're getting enjoyment out of it, it IS worth something.

You're not, so it isn't for you.

That's you. That's not me. I like this team.

It sounds pretty fairweather to just say they're worthless when they're not burning up the net for you... or whatever it is that you think would make them worthy.

I think you might need a lesson from Panthers fans. They might not have a full house, but I think it's fuller than New Jersey's and they do know how to support their team.

I don't really agree at all. I've had a chance to watch more of a variety of games since I ordered Center Ice. Sure, sometimes the games between other teams are entertaining, but I've seen my share of "boring" games and ones much WORSE than what I've seen the Devs do :P .

I'll continue to whine until things change for the better in Devil land, right now this team isn't worth anybodys time and money. It's the cold, hard facts people.

for the BETTER? God friggin' forbid if this team starts to actually suck in the future, 7... I guess you'll desert them, then?

If you think this is BAD, maybe you weren't much of a Dev fan in the early days when they were stinking up the ice. :blink:

7:

I'll continue to whine until things change for the better in Devil land, right now this team isn't worth anybodys time and money.

Then why do you post? Seriously. If the Devils tick you off that much why do you waste your time posting on a Devils message board or watching the games (I assume you at least watch some games anyway)? Your posts do nothing but tick off fellow Devils fans with your incessant negativity. If the Devils tick you off that much you should be wasting your time writing to Lou or the front office instead of trying to shove your viewpoints down our throats. Every post from you is the same thing... :evilcry: No Mogilny :evilcry: No Claude :evilcry: Lou is cheap :evilcry::evilcry::evilcry: It's pathetic and predictably boring at the same time.

And like MaddDog says, if the Devils tick you off that much then you REALLY have no perspective on what a 'bad' team is.

The only person who I could see being as self-righteous as ^7^ is a season ticket holder who goes to every game.

Once you don't pay to go to games, you lose your right to be indignant about Lou letting expensive UFAs go. Someone has to pay for them.. and if you're not going to, then accept the fact that there are many others who won't pay for them, and accept the fact that, as a result, the Devils are a middle market team that can't afford to keep everyone they trade for.

I went to 6 last year(mostly early in the season) and 1 playoff game. My last regular season game was the 1-0 loss to the Sens right before Christmas(snow globe giveaway) after that snoozefest I decided it wasn't worth it and I'd stop spending money on them until the playoffs at least. The games I attended, nobody outside of Elias, Sykora, and Arnott were doing a damn thing.

Game 3 of the playoffs, they actually showed some life and shut down the CandyCanes 4-1. After the classic game 5 choke job I knew they were done, sure enough they go out with a whimper 1-0 and I save $300.

so give me a reason to go this year. The team stinks, there are thousands other like me who are disenchanted with Lou's shady dealings and the lackluster product he has out on the ice . Remember they used to bottom out at about 12 or 13,000 for weekday games against crap teams, now the number is down to 10,000.

you know, I was under the impression that when they made 2 runs through the finals with full buildings and with YankeeNets purchase of the team, we would at least be able to retain our own free agents.

the dead weight in the NHL doesn't help either, who the hell wants to see columbus(the replacement Barons in Winnipeg Jet type jerseys) Nashville and Atlanta?

See, it's amazing how you not only agree with what I said, you use the same exact kind of thinking as I said you did.

You think that it's because of Lou's 'shady dealings' that people don't go to games. WRONG - that's your reason and you're just applying it to 1,000-2,000 other people a night.

Lou hasn't put a lackluster product on the ice. This "downswing" as you seem to be terming it is a result of the upswing. The Blues and Bruins are examples of teams that just tossed the same players down on the ice year after year but never went after the Cup. Lou went for it all in 2000, and got it.

If the team stinks, don't bother spending money, the team will stink even more. You get what you pay for. If the "thousands" disenfranchised with Lou's spending habits (liberal as they are; I have no idea how this team makes money) are going to stay away, then say goodbye to Nieuwendyk and Niedermayer when they become UFAs.

You're a frontrunner. Accept that as a Devils fan, the club cannot afford to put out a stellar product on the ice every year like the Rangers can. But what they do consistently is win. If you can't see that, you're more blind than I think you are.

the downswing should not come so quickly after the upswing, something is terribly wrong we should be able to re sign our ufa and dip into the free agent pool a little. Heaven forbid, overpay for somebody. I may work or it may not, but you can't be afraid to try & take risks.

we're a small market team, not even mid market, small market and a low profile.....