What does this run means financially so far?

SterioDesign

Not to throw a wrench in our current happiness bringing back that topic, but im just wondering how this run can help the devils with their situation

i know revenues are mostly from the gate... and even there im not too sure how it works... ive read that a team can team around 1.5-2m per home game but that from that after all expenses they may get around 500k or something... not too sure about that either

i dont know if the teams are getting anything from the tv revenues ?

well basically im absolutely clueless so does anyone know how it works? haha

also, you'd figure they'd get a boost with merchandise as well

I don't know how significant that is since I imagine the league gets a large chuck that goes into revenue sharing. Maybe helps a little bit, but probably minor in the grand scheme of things.

Even if the profits aren't enough to pay the loans, it gives creditors some comfort that the team can be profitable in the future.

Not to throw a wrench in our current happiness bringing back that topic, but im just wondering how this run can help the devils with their situation

i know revenues are mostly from the gate... and even there im not too sure how it works... ive read that a team can team around 1.5-2m per home game but that from that after all expenses they may get around 500k or something... not too sure about that either

i dont know if the teams are getting anything from the tv revenues ?

well basically im absolutely clueless so does anyone know how it works? haha

1.5-2m sounds like net profit to me. 17.5k seats x roughly $150 per seat on average? so off the bat they are taking in 2.6m, It can't really cost 2m in expenses to have a playoff game (to bring that down to 500k).

How many workers are there? lets assume 1,000 (which I think is generous), that they work a 8 hour shift at an average of 20$ an hour that's 160k. I can't imagine what else would take a bigger bite out of their profits. Taxes maybe? idk how that works.

edit: clarity

Edited by squishyx

One of the ticket executives was saying on another board that there is an immediate cash windfall for each home playoff game. Player salaries, the highest portion of team expenditure, is very low during the playoffs. I don't know what the final amount of profit is but it has to be a minimum of 1 million per game.

Furthermore, he said that each win brings in a lot of season ticket holders, sometimes as many as 80 per day. In the long run, it might be the new season ticket holders that might be the biggest benefit.

One of the ticket executives was saying on another board that there is an immediate cash windfall for each home playoff game. Player salaries, the highest portion of team expenditure, is very low during the playoffs. I don't know what the final amount of profit is but it has to be a minimum of 1 million per game.

Furthermore, he said that each win brings in a lot of season ticket holders, sometimes as many as 80 per day. In the long run, it might be the new season ticket holders that might be the biggest benefit.

Evidently, all money that players receive for the playoffs comes from the league, so the team does not incur any additional liability there.

Absolutely correct. The Devils claim that they have received over 1000 new season ticket orders for next year because of this run (with a lot of those seats being ones in the lower bowl behind the nets). Even if they are inflating that number, it still is a huge windfall for next season at the very least.

Edited by Chuck the Duck

Ya ultimately this isn't about the devils as much as its about Vanderbeek and how much he had to leverage to get here. Wher we the fans benefit is that a successful team draws a better potential buyer. All the fretting is sort of ridiculous as the co/minority owner is literally a billionaire and could buy the team out but Vanderbeck is trying to find a way to keep control of the team. Long term if you were him I'm sure you would take a cup and long term a minority ownership position.