NFC/AFC Championship Weekend and NFL Awards!

CRASHER

i believe there were 2 that were regulation.

..there was actually just 1, out of the 12 balls.. which imo is the smoking gun. Almost like BB had a ball ready, in the event they were questioned, they could pull out the only legitimate one for proof.

they can't suspend these guys for the Super Bowl....that's asinine....what kinda penalty do you give for this? Or maybe the league just goes "Our bad, from now on, WE will provide all the balls and nobody gets to touch them before the game....period"

The league took a bullet for New England in 2007, when they burned the video footage and came under siege after a US senators began to demand congress run a full investigation on why the evidence was destroyed. They won't throw themselves on the train tracks a second time.

A guideline and a rule are two separate things, and (whether you want to believe that this was major or minor) it's still a rule that BB clearly violated. --the larger issue here is: Based on the fact that Belicheat is a 2nd offender, what could be more stiffer of a penalty, than the sanctions from the first crime 8 years ago?

Spygate broke in the midst of a REGULAR SEASON GAME.. not a Conference Championship playoff game leading into the Superbowl, like this is. It was an isolated issue where the videos tapes were destroyed.. and most importantly.. IT WAS BB's FIRST TIME BEING REPRIMANDED! --and the league STILL gave them the maximum allowed penalty(s). What more can you do to get your message across if you're the NFL? 

I don't think the league suspending BB is something out of the realm of being plausible here.. especially with a commissioner like Goodell, who rules harshly based on public pressure.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They would have won Sunday with Nerf balls, that's not the issue. If anything that makes it worse cause if they would tamper with league mandated equipment in a game they had basically zero chance of losing then what else are they doing (and when) where they haven't been caught?

They broke a rule and interfered with league equipment, this isn't the same thing as trying to 'steal signals' (if you're careless enough to let everyone see what you're calling that's on you), and this isn't a non playing rule like the dress code either.

Like CR said they were already on double secret probation after the last time they 'misunderstood a rule', you cant do anything that even smacks of impropriety.

I still say the league sweeps this under the rug, after yet another wrist slap fine and docking of a mid/low round pick. The NFL always wants you to believe it's never as bad as everyone says. Spygate is exhibit A of that. Edited by MadDog2020

I still say the league sweeps this under the rug, after yet another wrist slap fine and docking of a mid-low round pick. The NFL always wants you to believe it's never as bad as everyone says. Spygate is exhibit A of that.

The league can't afford to sweep this under the rug. Not after this pr disaster of a season. They especially can't afford to sweep this under the rug cause Goodell already DID that with the first one by throwing the tapes down a rabbit hole.

The league can't afford to sweep this under the rug. Not after this pr disaster of a season. They especially can't afford to sweep this under the rug cause Goodell already DID that with the first one by throwing the tapes down a rabbit hole.

I hear ya, and you're right Has. But I'll believe they'll do the right thing when I actually see this stupid league man up and do the right thing. I wouldn't trust Goodell as far as I could throw him.

That is the one good thing to come out of this....it's another heap of mud chucked upon Goodell's face....maybe now they can stop worrying about London and "defenseless receivers" and actually work on the problems they have with an over-compilcated rulebook and incompitent officals who can't understand this monstrosity they've created...

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/1/21/7865605/brad-johnson-tampa-bay-buccaneers-super-bowl-deflategate

We gonna take away the Tampa Bay Super Bowl win too now??

That is the one good thing to come out of this....it's another heap of mud chucked upon Goodell's face....maybe now they can stop worrying about London and "defenseless receivers" and actually work on the problems they have with an over-compilcated rulebook and incompitent officals who can't understand this monstrosity they've created...

The State of the Union press conference next week is going to be a MUST watch. Goodell won't have anywhere to hide (neither will Bill in his pressers).

The State of the Union press conference next week is going to be a MUST watch. Goodell won't have anywhere to hide (neither will Bill in his pressers).

They'll just deflect deflect deflect. Deny deny deny. Goodell will probably read a prepared script that some PR dope wrote. This league inches closer and closer to being the WWE every week... Edited by MadDog2020

Belichick will just give his CLASSIC non-answers and I'll find them hilarious

I might have to tune in just to see Goodell wince and sweat and worm like the slime he is.....that could be must watch!

*IN BELICHICK MONOTONE VOICE*: 'We're on to Seattle'. [emoji14]

:lol:

see, I'm already laughing at it!!!!! This is partially why the media loves to nail him to the wall....he's just such a DICK to them (and I love that about them)....but damn they do love to try to crucify him any chance they get! Dude is unflappable though

They'll just deflect deflect deflect. Deny deny deny. Goodell will probably read a prepared script that some PR dope wrote. This league inches closer and closer to being the WWE every week...

It'd have to be a pretty long script considering there are nine thousand other things EVEN BESIDE this mess he'll have to answer for...bad reffing in the Detroit game, bad catch rule in the Dallas one, the first public press conference since the Mueller report came out and Rice's suspension got overturned...

It'd have to be a pretty long script considering there are nine thousand other things EVEN BESIDE this mess he'll have to answer for...bad reffing in the Detroit game, bad catch rule in the Dallas one, the first public press conference since the Mueller report came out and Rice's suspension got overturned...

He should just have Vince McMahon fill in for him.

He should just have Vince McMahon fill in for him.

If you heard Vince on Austin's podcast.....you would NOT want that....VKM has totally lost his fastball and it's painful to listen to now

Maybe Goodell says screw it and announces he's resigning :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

They broke a rule and interfered with league equipment, this isn't the same thing as trying to 'steal signals' (if you're careless enough to let everyone see what you're calling that's on you), and this isn't a non playing rule like the dress code either.

u reallystart to wonder if this has been going on for quite a while, and they just dont get cuaght

u reallystart to wonder if this has been going on for quite a while, and they just dont get cuaght

Of course. Is anyone gonna sit and here and tell me they think the Patriots weren't deflating balls for the Baltimore game? Baltimore is a much tougher game for them. The Ravens are a better team than the Colts. If they're doing this in a game where they don't even need to to win, why wouldn't they be doing it in a game where even the slightest edge could make all the difference? I don't think there's any doubt about that, but it would probably be difficult to prove at this point.

Of course. Is anyone gonna sit and here and tell me they think the Patriots weren't deflating balls for the Baltimore game? Baltimore is a much tougher game for them. The Ravens are a better team than the Colts. If they're doing this in a game where they don't even need to to win, why wouldn't they be doing it in a game where even the slightest edge could make all the difference? I don't think there's any doubt about that, but it would probably be difficult to prove at this point.

Since 2001, the Patriots have won the Division 12/14 times... have appeared in 6 Superbowls.. and have played in 15 Championship games. (an average of 1 Title game…. every…….single……year) They have an overall regular-season record of: 170-54. (.760 winning percentage) That’s an average of over 12 wins a season, every…..…. single…… year. Of those 54 losses, only 16 came on home field. 16 home field losses, over the span of 14 seasons! :mellow: 

..there’s simply two ways to look at this. Either: *A) Bill Belichick (a coach with a 47-55 record prior to 2001) and Tom Brady (a QB drafted in the 6th round) are the greatest Quarterback & Head Coach in the history of the sport. Or; *B) They’ve somehow been cheating since 2001.

Over the past 7 years, the Patriots have now been caught of cheating twice.

Ask yourself this: If a “genius” like Belichick has been caught twice since 2007.. how much more has he gotten away with?

Edited by Beezer34

..there was actually just 1, out of the 12 balls.. which imo is the smoking gun. Almost like BB had a ball ready, in the event they were questioned, they could pull out the only legitimate one for proof.

Actually from what I heard it was that every single ball was below standard, it was that 11 of them were two full pounds under standard.

I want to know, when Nick Folk lined up for the winning field goal in week 7...was that ball deflated too? I know it was blocked at the line but a deflated ball isn't exactly going to rocked off a kickers foot like a regulation ball would.

We was robbed. We could've been 5-11!

Well you get my drift...

I want to know, when Nick Folk lined up for the winning field goal in week 7...was that ball deflated too? I know it was blocked at the line but a deflated ball isn't exactly going to rocked off a kickers foot like a regulation ball would.

We was robbed. We could've been 5-11!

Well you get my drift...

Kicking balls are seperated from the other balls....they HAVE to be brand new and they get a K stamped on them before the game and kept different from the other balls.....it's even more unlikely that they'd be messed with since it would be a bit more obvious.....but now all the lunacy is gonna come out.....at the least all this stupidity will make the league take charge of this from here on out....

amazing how we can't go a damn week this playoffs without some kind of rules controversy/issues of stupid

BB should be suspended like 2-4 games next season

No... He should either be suspended for the SB or sit out the entire next season. Sean Payton was suspended for an entire season, and he didn't compromise the integrity of the game (TWICE, that we know of) by cheating. Enough is enough with this sh!t already. Edited by MadDog2020