Sign in to follow this  
RSC

Kovalchuk removed from SKA after 1 Playoff Game

3 hours ago, njdevsftw said:

It's so weird how all these people hang out on messageboards, but then get superpissed when people actually discuss something.

Njdevsftw ftw. 

3 hours ago, njdevsftw said:

It's so weird how all these people hang out on messageboards, but then get superpissed when people actually discuss something.

And at least this isn't really spilling into multiple threads...I could understand people having a gripe about that.  But most of the Kovy talk/debate has stayed in here, as it should. 

On Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 1:46 AM, Martyisth3b3st said:

I can't recall anyone besides Elias saying anything negative about Kovy, nor do I remember Lemaire giving Kovy any sort of special treatment. Is this just Kovy hate or do you have some sort of story you can point me towards?

Offensively, yeah. Best ever? Marty, Nieds, and Stevens (and their 3 Stanley cups) makes this a silly comment.

Not talking about goalie play but Nieds yeah okay Ill give you that, Stevens? Nah Kovy had better vision and toucb with a puck

53 minutes ago, KOliwa29 said:

Not talking about goalie play but Nieds yeah okay Ill give you that, Stevens? Nah Kovy had better vision and toucb with a puck

If you're saying that Ilya Kovalchuk was a better player than Scott Stevens, I don't really know what else to say. 

11 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And at least this isn't really spilling into multiple threads...I could understand people having a gripe about that.  But most of the Kovy talk/debate has stayed in here, as it should. 

It always boggles my mind when people say "why are we even having this discussion?!" On a discussion forum.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

It always boggles my mind when people say "why are we even having this discussion?!" On a discussion forum.

I guess there's a difference between talking about Kovy when the thread is about him possibly returning, and once again bringing up not re-signing/getting a return for Parise.  

So far as how teammates felt about Kovy, I'm sure the opinions changed once he quit on the team, but while he was here I know that he and Marty were on good terms.  So far as the comments from Elias, I kind of get the sense that Czech players have a tendency to be a little bit more outspoken about things.  

1 hour ago, KOliwa29 said:

a7eeae038851851a2b0507cca1917b04.jpeg

jagr is the best player to ever wear a devils sweater...have a nice day

2 hours ago, lazer said:

jagr is the best player to ever wear a devils sweater...have a nice day

You sure it isn't St Louis Blues' HOF goalie Martin Brodeur?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

You sure it isn't St Louis Blues' HOF goalie Martin Brodeur?

Brodeur played for the Devils too? Was that before St Louis?? 

• Like 1

You're kidding, right?  Surely you can't be serious!

Geez, you'd think no one's ever heard of Mike Brodeur.  The guy had a hell of an NHL career...7 games, 4 starts, 3 wins, and one shutout (at the expense of the Rangers).  

• Like 2

On 3/3/2016 at 7:37 AM, mfitz804 said:

Njdevsftw ftw. 

I can tell you with the utmost certainty that it's not unique to here.

I'm a member of the Rutgers Rivals board (college football recruiting mostly) and that place consists of a bunch of old guys yelling at eachother about what can and cannot be said 24/7.  

Edited by Devilsfan118

I don't care that people are talking about Kovy, I'm just surprised there are so many people that even want to discuss anything about him at this point. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I can tell you with the utmost certainty that it's not unique to here.

The other forum behavior I find funny is when someone is losing a debate on an issue and they try to declare the topic closed so they can have the last word. "There is no reason to keep discussing this, so this is the last point I will make and then this thread should die". 

43 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I don't care that people are talking about Kovy, I'm just surprised there are so many people that even want to discuss anything about him at this point. 

Really? You're surprised that people talk about the most dynamic offensive talent we have ever had when it relates to the possibility of him making an NHL comeback?

12 minutes ago, Blown01NJ said:

Really? You're surprised that people talk about the most dynamic offensive talent we have ever had when it relates to the possibility of him making an NHL comeback?

Yes because he won't be on this Devils team, there is next to no chance of that happening and don't something like all 30 teams would have to agree to let him back in the league? What are the odds any of this actually happens.

Just seems like much to do about nothing. 

The fact that it's unlikely doesn't mean it's not interesting. I mean even if it wasn't about him coming back, the fact that our former player who walked out on his contract got bounced from his new team would make for good discussion. 

• Like 2