NJDevs '18-19 Fantasy Hockey Season Thread

NJDevs4978

3 hours ago, MantaRay said:

I could do Saturday night.   Sunday is off limits from 7-11pm

I’d hate to do this to you but right now Sunday night is looking like the leader in the clubhouse, since there are 3+ conflicts on Saturday and Tuesday.

What about Monday at 6 PM? I can’t do it any later than that on Monday.

Edited by NJDevs4978

47 minutes ago, devlman said:

I am completely unavailable Saturday so I hope it's not moved to then. If it must be moved last minute then Sunday or Monday would work best for me. But I mean the draft date has been set for some time now. Any objections should have been made earlier. Changing everything up last minute and with keepers will leave some people out.

While I agree people should have said something earlier I’m trying to find a time with as few conflicts as possible for the live draft, I’d rather not tell three or more people to go scratch if there’s still SOME time to change it to a better time (albeit limited)

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, eaglejelly said:

I just mentioned that I won't be available, I don't expect the the draft date to be changed to meet my schedule.

Fair enough, let’s just go with Monday at 6 then. I don’t really want to push it TOO far ahead of it’s not going to make a big difference anyway. At least there should ‘only’ be two conflicts then. I’d do it later Monday but I gotta head out by 7:30, thankfully my short draft helps there.

Have keepers in by the end of Saturday night otherwise you get the top three ranked players from last year autokept.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Literally tortured over my keeper dilemma lol. Originally was going to ditch/deal Barkov but I'm having second thoughts between him and Kuzy/Eichel.

Im leaning towards letting whoever I don't keep just fall back into the draft - these kids will be multi-year keepers and a late round pick doesn't seem worth it (don't want to make the competition that much better for the foreseeable future)

Late night edit: Dropping Kuznetsov, probably putting him back into the draft unless someone else is up and shoots me a message before it locks up :lol:

Edited by Devilsfan118

• 3 weeks later...

That's in the football league.  It's not set up for that here, I could bother to change it but the rosters are big enough (and free agency is barren enough) with actual IR slots that it shouldn't be an issue anyway, so I'd rather keep it as realistic as possible.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

That's in the football league.  It's not set up for that here, I could bother to change it but the rosters are big enough (and free agency is barren enough) with actual IR slots that it shouldn't be an issue anyway, so I'd rather keep it as realistic as possible.

I'm a-okay with sticking with the way it is.

Players that are "out" not being IR-able adds a level of strategy.  I like it.

I think right now it’s fine...  I believe we ran into issues last year with players no longer on IR and just listed as Out after the deadline and rosters expand.   

But I don’t believe we made a rule change to allow Out to be IRd

You were the only one that brought it up, nobody else besides me commented on it and it was never really voted on.  At the time I was actually amenable to it looking at the last two pages of the thread lol but I care about it less now and it doesn't seem like anyone else does either.  It really only is a pain in March when nobody gets put on IR, generally if you have a guy out for a few days and not on IR it's not an issue early in the season when you still have time to make up games.  Part of my rationale for drafting Weber is that I could just make up games by playing 7D in the second half.

Of course if you're a team like Nicoise Salad that's blowing through its game limits by February AGAIN and wants to blow through it by January that's a different story :P

Edited by NJDevs4978