Traded Draft Pick Tracker

Chimaira_Devil_#9

19 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Well Vats is currently playing. So if the Bruins end this today we get the 3rd pick

Cha-ching

Also it looks like the 1st from Arizona is going to be 15 or 16 depending on whether or not Montreal wins.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 3:32 PM, SterioDesign said:

i'd totally do that.

i'd also sign Pietrangelo if i could lol

Sign me up for both as well.

To the bolded in particular - lots of arguing over on HFboards about whether Pietrangelo makes sense for the Devils right now.  Lots are saying he doesn't fit our timeline and will be past his prime by the time our kids are ready to go.

To me - this defense needs help now to be even passable.  Major help.  Give me Pietrangelo at 7 years at 8 per, I don't care.  We have cap space to burn and desperately need help and leadership on the blue line.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Sign me up for both as well.

To the bolded in particular - lots of arguing over on HFboards about whether Pietrangelo makes sense for the Devils right now.  Lots are saying he doesn't fit our timeline and will be past his prime by the time our kids are ready to go.

To me - this defense needs help now to be even passable.  Major help.  Give me Pietrangelo at 7 years at 8 per, I don't care.  We have cap space to burn and desperately need help and leadership on the blue line.

I’d sign him in a heartbeat. I’m not sure Colorado thought they’d be ready to compete this fast. Who knows where we’ll be in a couple/few years. 

I don't buy the whole "timeline" thing, not where you have tons of money to spend. Get the best players available. Even if they are gone when you are "ready", all they will have done is made your team better (assuming they pan out, obviously), and thus more desirable to other people in the future. Build a culture that makes your team look like they want to win. 

Passing on a guy because he's 30 years old and will likely be done by the time you are ready to win just makes your team look like a sh!tty organization. 

• Like 4