2021 New York J-E-T-S Thread

NJDevs4978

25 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Jesus other than the second INT White actually looks like a competent NFL QB.  Either the golden child really is a problem, or they're just calling the game differently - that whole first drive was five yard pass after seven-yard pass, the kind of stuff they should have been doing with Wilson early in games to get him in a rhythm instead of trying to feed into his Brett Favre tendencies and chuck it deep early.

Both were tipped so can't really put it all on White, the first one was a bit ahead of Crowder but it's more bad luck than awful throw. And no team gets more bad luck than we do. But it was good seeing them actually look ready to play. The fumble by Crowder on that big gain was also a killer. Even when we're firing on some cylinders, we still manage to be idiots in some aspects of the game

Also Saleh can not put awful Ammendola out there to try 54 yarders. Punt or go for it. 

• Like 1

Holy crap, if nothing else White's one helluva one-hit wonder...400 yards?!  Who was the last Jet QB to get that in a game, Vinny?

Like with Blackwood and the Devils, maybe Wilson shouldn't get his job back so fast either.

Edited by NJDevs4978

LOLOLOL thank you Mike White, now my nine-person knockout pool is down to me and one other person cause the Jets took my buddy and her friend out.

(now hopefully the Chiefs don't take me and the other person out and make it a four-way tie :P)

Edited by NJDevs4978

26 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Holy crap, if nothing else White's one helluva one-hit wonder...400 yards?!  Who was the last Jet QB to get that in a game, Vinny?

Like with Blackwood and the Devils, maybe Wilson shouldn't get his job back so fast either.

wouldve guessed Favre. Remember that game vs Arizona after the Mets completed their 07 collapse (the stadium was a morgue filing in) Seemed like they won 84-60. Everyone in the stadium was shellshocked by the Mets though and then Boldin was quite literally shellshocked late in the game

Yeah Favre had like six or seven TD passes that game, that and the Tennessee/New England (in Foxboro) games felt like the only times we truly got vintage Favre all year.

Shockingly he didn't even throw for 300 yards in his 6 TD game either (or in any other game that season)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FavrBr00/gamelog/2008/

Edited by NJDevs4978

Absolutely horrible helmet to helmet call at the end of that game. Should have been on you guys as Johnson lowered his head at the last minute. There was literally nothing Mike Hilton could have done to avoid that hit. The NFL really does make it nearly impossible to play defense these days.

But whatever. We didn’t deserve to win anyway. Not when we give up 400 yards and 3 TD’s to Mike White. 

7 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Absolutely horrible helmet to helmet call at the end of that game. Should have been on you guys as Johnson lowered his head at the last minute. There was literally nothing Mike Hilton could have done to avoid that hit. The NFL really does make it nearly impossible to play defense these days.

But whatever. We didn’t deserve to win anyway. Not when we give up 400 yards and 3 TD’s to Mike White. 

Yes I've hated this nonsense. Guys are getting penalized for helmet to helmet stuff where it absolutely can't be avoided, where the offensive player is the most responsible. It's a garbage rule

And the Jets do what they do best, get QB's hurt and get their doors blown off. The defense did not show up at all and the game was over immediately. You could tell from the first Colts drive this was going to be another Patriots 50+ massacre. The Jets in the past 10 years or so have had more games end in the 1st quarter probably than any other team. What happened to our vaunted D line? The Jets have looked like the worst defense in the NFL since Foxboro. Statistically they probably are

It really was inevitable with White. He had to come out of the last game too but returned. There is no chance, whoever we put back there, for him to string together good performances because he wont stay healthy enough to do so

• Sad 1

Saleh really has to turn it around year two. You can't keep having these games where it's over in the 1st quarter and you're giving up 40+ and 500+ yards of offense with little resistance. 

I'm not seeing where it's going to ever be any different with Saleh when average teams are blowing your doors off. The New England debacle just happened. And it happens again. They're not a talented team but this shouldnt happen TWICE in a span of 8 games vs average opponents

This might be the most impressive junktime rally I've seen since the Devils' near comeback from 6-0 in the third period last year lol

But yeah this D's gotta get better, I'm not even putting it all on Saleh when you have undrafted rookie corners, Maye being in and out of the lineup due to injury and off-field issues, mostly rookie low-round linebackers, a couple of whom never even played the position before and their best pass rusher on the line got hurt in camp.  This is more a Douglas issue to me right now.  Maybe Darth Hoodie up in New England could somehow coach this crap up but I don't know if anyone else could for a full season.

Edited by NJDevs4978

• 2 weeks later...

Cory Davis. Utter trash who cannot hold onto or catch a ball, another trash signing by trash GM Douglas. The strikes against him are piling up with the alarming lack of talent on this team

Losing 17-3 is not bad for them. Hopefully it doesnt spiral into humiliation territory

Edited by '7'

35 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Yeah it went from 10-3 near the end of the second quarter (shockingly, after the first two drives) to 38-3 in no time at all, good christ this team gives up even harder than Gase teams did.

One of those games where if you’re a Bills fan, you’re starting to get a little impatient and worrying about the obviously lesser team hanging around…and then just like that, the game goes as you expected it would all along.

Starting to look like Saleh could be a one-and-doner.

Yeah I don’t see Douglas pulling the plug unless they show zero life the rest of the season while Wilson continues to sputter, and they have some winnable games (well two probably) so there’s no excuse not to find your way to at least 4 or 5.

How this team managed to beat the Titans is beyond me, the Bengals too for that matter.

I mean I love Rex and he's right in general (although I don't know anyone who's comparing Saleh to Rex 'now') but the dude clearly has rabbit ears and his ego is taking this sh!t too personally.  I'm wondering what he thinks the trophy looks like that he gets for being a better defensive mind and motivator than Saleh.

https://sny.tv/articles/former-jets-hc-rex-ryan-sounds-off-on-robert-saleh?fbclid=IwAR0dxdBNVX7a2NRhz2xzPHGzd-sgeZYrT5cDeTlesSRIIe6MkTm9H7Gptik

“I look at it as this defense is abysmal,” he said on ESPN's DiPietro and Rothenberg Podcast. “Bart [Scott] was telling that to me, ‘Oh no, their defense is playing hard.’ I’m like what? No they don’t. This is a horrendous defense. Now they’re going to use, ‘Well now we didn’t have our safety.’ So what? Everybody has a million injuries let alone above average safety you’re missing. I remember playing without five corners. It never looked like this. We were fifth in the league in defense that year.”

Edited by NJDevs4978