1. 1. Who do you want at #4?

• Luke Hughes
    • Brandt Clarke
    • William Eklund
    • Matthew Beniers
    • Simon Edvinsson
    • Other

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

i don’t think that you should show your friends a nudie pic of a girl you slept with, but I also don’t think that makes you comparable to a nazi for fvcks sake lol 

Seriously, that’s a bit much. 

1 minute ago, CarpathianForest said:

Chase Stillman, son of Cory Stillman, Cup winner in 94 with TB. TB 2021 cup winner ergo we come close to cup

‘04?

7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

ah sh!t. i confused mercer with nick merkley. mercer has a fantastic future ahead of him as a major part of this team.

i don’t think that you should show your friends a nudie pic of a girl you slept with, but I also don’t think that makes you comparable to a nazi for fvcks sake lol 

Just now, Nicomo said:

Seriously, that’s a bit much. 

I don’t like people who commit sexual crimes. YMMV. 

• Like 1

I don't support anything Mailloux did of course but the kid admitted he fvcked up and took himself out of the draft etc etc Not much more he can do at this point.

Some people want to encourage 2nd chances and redemption and want to give those people the support they need, like Bergevin just did. Then some people don't believe in that and they want those people punished forever. Thats all understandable and a matter of perception/values.

I just wonder how those people felt about Luke's decision at the end of Return of the jedi... Vader slaughtered childrens and blew up an entire planet. I was personally thought about redemption through that lol

4 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I hate to break it to you this late but a few years ago we drafted and then eventually made our captain a young man named Nico Hischier. Pretty fun story you should check it out sometime

PK broke that face. We’ve moved on to Jack, now. :P

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

I don't support anything Mailloux did of course but the kid admitted he fvcked up and took himself out of the draft etc etc Not much more he can do at this point.

Some people want to encourage 2nd chances and redemption and want to give those people the support they need, like Bergevin just did. Then some people don't believe in that and they want those people punished forever. Thats all understandable and a matter of perception/values.

I just wonder how those people felt about Luke's decision at the end of Return of the jedi... Vader slaughtered childrens and blew up an entire planet. I was personally thought about redemption through that lol

It literally just happened, his “conviction” only carried with it a fine, and he asked not to be drafted. He could have had his second chance next draft, like he asked for. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

You really don’t want to go here do you? 

Go where?

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It literally just happened, his “conviction” only carried with it a fine, and he asked not to be drafted. He could have had his second chance next draft, like he asked for. 

Yeah but i still can't really fault Bergevin for trying to be a positive influence and support a kid who admitted doing something wrong. That he's drafted this year or next one. It's not really changing anything. Him making the decision to take himself out was his decision, he made that step. At least now he can get the support from the team right now instead of drifting for a year. That's a worry off his mind and can just focus on becoming a better person.

Edited by SterioDesign

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

You really don’t want to go here do you? 

I see what you’re saying. I don’t mean to imply that you enjoy sex crimes, but I have a very strong hatred for people who do, and you probably don’t feel the way I do. I’ll admit I’m a little overboard on that topic. Worst beating I ever put on someone was a guy that assaulted my friend in the Staten Island Mall parking lot. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Go where?

The “YMMV” comment. Please don’t assume I take this stuff any less seriously than you or anyone else. I assure you, I don’t. I just don’t think invoking Godwin’s law was the right place to take the discussion. 

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah but i still can't really fault Bergevin for trying to be a positive influence and support a kid who admitted doing something wrong. That he's drafted this year or next one. It's not really changing anything. Him making the decision to take himself out was his decision, he made that step. At least now he can get the support from the team right now instead of drifting for a year. That's a worry off his mind and can just focus on becoming a better person. 

Disagree totally, he should have had the year to reflect on his piss poor morals and had to wait. Personal opinion. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

The “YMMV” comment. Please don’t assume I take this stuff any less seriously than you or anyone else. I assure you, I don’t. I just don’t think invoking Godwin’s law was the right place to take the discussion. 

See my previous comment. You may take it as seriously but I don’t think you (or most people) have the anger on that topic that I do. That’s where the YMMV comes in, not as to whether you enjoy people who commit sex crimes.

It was badly worded. It’s Friday night and it’s late. Sorry, Sugar Puppy. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Disagree totally, he should have had the year to reflect on his piss poor morals and had to wait. Personal opinion. 

He's going to face consequences of that all year. It's not cause he was drafted that he won't.

And it's your opinion and its fine. That was my original post. People will see it differently. Bergevin should just not be judged like he's supporting nazis lol that's a bit much and missing the point. Bergevin is trying to un-nazi a nazi. 

• Like 1

Just now, mfitz804 said:

See my previous comment. You may take it as seriously but I don’t think you (or most people) have the anger on that topic that I do. That’s where the YMMV comes in, not as to whether you enjoy people who commit sex crimes.

It was badly worded. It’s Friday night and it’s late. Sorry, Sugar Puppy. 

Appreciate you clarifying, but I assure you the bold is not true. Unfortunately, this stuff (actually something far worse than nude pics) hits very close to home for me. I don’t really want to get into much further on a hockey message board, so I’ll just leave it at that. 

Just now, SterioDesign said:

He's going to face consequences of that all year. It's not cause he was drafted that he won't.

And it's your opinion and its fine. That was my original post. People will see it differently. Bergevin should just not be judged like he's supporting nazis lol that's a bit much and missing the point. Bergevin is trying to un-nazi a nazi. 

People can see it however they want. I don’t think a guy like that should be rewarded by picking him in the first round after he himself asked not to be because of what he did. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

Appreciate you clarifying, but I assure you the bold is not true. Unfortunately, this stuff (actually something far worse than nude pics) hits very close to home for me. I don’t really want to get into much further on a hockey message board, so I’ll just leave it at that. 

That’s fine, my man. Maybe you do feel the same, maybe you don’t. You seem quite a bit more rational on that topic than me, though. But again, this is a hockey message board so maybe you just hold it in better. 

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

You alternate between being a normal, solid contributor to the forums and a blood boilingly moronic piece of fvcking trash so quickly I get whiplash. 

Your field of expertise. 

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

If you think you can insinuate I like “people who commit sexual crimes” without a response, you’re a fvcking idiot.

Fvck yourself. 

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

If you think showing a picture of your naked girlfriend to friends without consent is in the same goddamned stratosphere as GASSING AND MURDERING SIX MILLION JEWISH PEOPLE, you are a fvckING. IDIOT.

Period end of fvcking sentence. 

Didn’t say it was the same. Again, your reading comprehension skills are selective at best. 

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

The mental gymnastics, holy fvck it’s like trying to argue with a fvcking 4 year old. You compared his situation to nazi sympathizers. You defended your stance. You got called out on your stance and now you’ve changed your stance and said it wasn’t your stance all along.

Arguing with mfitz may cause you to want to physically gouge your own eyeballs out, as he insinuates you support sexual abusers. And be careful he totally beat some dude up one time, goddamned badass. 

YMMV.

I explained where I was coming from and said I stated it poorly. You chose either not to read it or to ignore it so you could be an angry posturing a$$hole like usual. It’s fine, that’s what you do. 

I didn’t say anything about my stance changed, I said I have a more irrational anger on the subject than most people. Whether it’s right or wrong, I do. So fvcking what? Wasn’t intended to insult you. Insults are more your thing anyway. 

Edited by mfitz804