GDT: 3/11/24 - Devils @ Rangers 7:00 pm NHLN/MSGSN/MSG

ButlerBulldog

1 hour ago, slasher72 said:

I don't think it's going to sink in with this kid unless he gets pummeled by another enforcer, and it happens more than once. He probably relishes in the fact that he's getting suspensions, thinking it adds to his reputation. And Rangers fans seem to love it also. 

I saw a video about Tie Domi where Messier pulled him aside during his rookie year after Tie was showboating after fights, and he told him, "to cut the sh!t". Messier said "if you don't treat other players with respect, no one in this league is ever going to respect you." Whether the advice sunk in or not is up for debate but that's the type of talk Rempe needs. No one on that team is going to give it to him though because they love the spectacle it's creating, including the head coach. 

They won’t love the spectacle, however, when one of their stars has his knee taken out.  That’s the way to get Rempe to stop, as his act will rapidly wear thin once his teammates realize his antics could cost one of them the remainder of the season, and beyond.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

It’ll make their second round exit even funnier, particularly when that idiot beanpole doesn’t play a shift in the playoffs.

I hate the Islanders too but I do think it would be funny if they knock the Rangers out in the first round. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I hate the Islanders too but I do think it would be funny if they knock the Rangers out in the first round. 

Of course it would, are you kidding?! It would be hilarious 🤣

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

They won’t love the spectacle, however, when one of their stars has his knee taken out.  That’s the way to get Rempe to stop, as his act will rapidly wear thin once his teammates realize his antics could cost one of them the remainder of the season, and beyond.

Yeah that’s where I’m at.  Not that I ever want to see anyone get hurt, but part of the way to stop Rempe from being a reckless d!ckhead is for his teammates to have to pay the price for his nonsense.  Rempe has no issues getting himself tossed from games (or apparently even suspended), so if you knock him the fvck out, who cares?  

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 10:15 PM, ButlerBulldog said:

Rempe’s elbow to Siegs’ head was bad, but keep in mind that the two men have history from the teams’ previous meeting.  I think he would’ve done worse had MacDermid not been on the ice.

What's worse than what he did? He took a massive run at an unexpecting guy and ripped him in the head with a intentional elbow putting him on IR with a concussion.  A guy who he (Rempe) one punched into a turtle last time after destroying Bastain ( I don't think that was was so egregious, because of Bastain being slightly leaning forward, could he of held up, yes, but that's not who he is).  It's funny for me to think it could of been worse?  MacDermid was laughed at up until that point. Directly laughed at!  

If MacDermid doesn't jump him within the first 5 seconds he's on the ice he should be sent packing.

5 minutes ago, titans04 said:

What's worse than what he did? He took a massive run at an unexpecting guy and ripped him in the head with a intentional elbow putting him on IR with a concussion.  A guy who he (Rempe) one punched into a turtle last time after destroying Bastain ( I don't think that was was so egregious, because of Bastain being slightly leaning forward, could he of held up, yes, but that's not who he is).  It's funny for me to think it could of been worse?  MacDermid was laughed at up until that point. Directly laughed at!  

If MacDermid doesn't jump him within the first 5 seconds he's on the ice he should be sent packing.

The thing that sucks about Rempe-types is that even if you KO him, so what?  He plays a handful of minutes a game and literally spends more time in the penalty box or being suspended than he does on the ice.  Rangers won't really miss him all that much.

Like I said in another post, give MacDermid as much time as possible to go after Ranger stars (they better be wary), and then in the third period, he can have his fight with Rempe and they can get whatever penalties they get.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, titans04 said:

What's worse than what he did?

1. Injuring one of the Devils’ stars.

2. Injuring multiple players as opposed to one.

3. Throwing the same elbow to Siegenthaler’s face as opposed to the side of his head, leaving him with not only a concussion but also a fractured jaw, cheekbone, or orbital bone.

Need I go on?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The thing that sucks about Rempe-types is that even if you KO him, so what?  He plays a handful of minutes a game and literally spends more time in the penalty box or being suspended than he does on the ice.  Rangers won't really miss him all that much.

Like I said in another post, give MacDermid as much time as possible to go after Ranger stars (they better be wary), and then in the third period, he can have his fight with Rempe and they can get whatever penalties they get.  

Do you think he could even catch one of them?    I think it would just look like Rempe trying to catch Jack the other night or Trouba whiffing on Hischier last year.  Too slow.  Their top guys will know where he is at, at all times when he's out there because he can only be on the ice with them for one reason.   

Sure, we can put MacDermid out when Rempe is on this ice but are we cool if he's a -3 in 10 minutes if you try to match him up against the top guys?   They'll just be popping in goals and laughing at us even more because it's like playing us shorthanded.     

I think it's going to need to be a Bahl, Smith or Meier type that steps up and catches one of their guys during the natural course of play.  Then you send MacDermid out to police things afterwards.    

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Do you think he could even catch one of them?    I think it would just look like Rempe trying to catch Jack the other night or Trouba whiffing on Hischier last year.  Too slow.  Their top guys will know where he is at, at all times when he's out there because he can only be on the ice with them for one reason.   

Right. And this is why you go Federal League and just take a two hander to one of their fvcking legs. I couldn’t care less about optics or anything; commit fvcking assault on one of these a$$holes. Maybe then Rempe will be told to knock it off, after Panarin has his fvcking leg broken. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Right. And this is why you go Federal League and just take a two hander to one of their fvcking legs. I couldn’t care less about optics or anything; commit fvcking assault on one of these a$$holes. Maybe then Rempe will be told to knock it off, after Panarin has his fvcking leg broken. 

You don't seem to be on the fence about this😜

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

Sure, we can put MacDermid out when Rempe is on this ice but are we cool if he's a -3 in 10 minutes if you try to match him up against the top guys?   They'll just be popping in goals and laughing at us even more because it's like playing us shorthanded.     

I think it's going to need to be a Bahl, Smith or Meier type that steps up and catches one of their guys during the natural course of play.  Then you send MacDermid out to police things afterwards.    

More if anyone’s skating with their heads down, they might be paying for it.  Yeah I agree, not like our lunk is going to be catching anyone via chasing them.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

More if anyone’s skating with their heads down, they might be paying for it.  Yeah I agree, not like our lunk is going to be catching anyone via chasing them.

That’s why I suggest just taking a leg out while they’re standing still. Easy peazy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ButlerBulldog said:

1. Injuring one of the Devils’ stars.

2. Injuring multiple players as opposed to one.

3. Throwing the same elbow to Siegenthaler’s face as opposed to the side of his head, leaving him with not only a concussion but also a fractured jaw, cheekbone, or orbital bone.

Need I go on?

Please do because:

1- he went after whoever he was able to line up, he could of kept his elbow down and hit whoever it was there cleanly

2- really, on the same play and I guess with impunity all over the ice

3- you think he purposely realized hell I'll just hit this guy in the side of the head rather than the jaw etc. He's not that god he hit whatever was in front of his elbow, he did no choosing there other than to throw it

This guy because of his size can truck people without the dirty hits.  We had a guy who would truck people every chance he could, in todays game a lot of them would be considered dirty and suspension worthy. But he was our guy so we didn't always see it back then and the game was different. Rempe doesn't need the dirty hits, he's big enough to clean people out with bad results with clean hits even by today's standards. You know what the equally sizeable issue is and what makes it sting even more. We have a guy like Bahl who's maybe 2 inches shorter who hit's like he's in the women's league by comparison.  We're soft as fvck. We should trademark it. Not saying anybody should ever get away with what Rempe did in this case, he shouldn't have. But if he learns to keep his arms down, doesn't hit late and doesn't charge he going to wreck people just based on his size and willingness to hit.  If he ever figures out the timing he'll have a body count. But no worries we've got guys like Smith and Bahl along with MacDermid who was and still is  waiting for an RSVP. Smith is at least usually willing to use his face to stop others punches in cases like this.