GDT: 4/2/2024, Pens @ Devils, 7:00 pm, back to bar analogies

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

I was mad in November.  Now, I’m just resigned to the fact that this team sucks.  Fitz has a lot of work to do to fix this.

To lose TWO games in a row the way that they have, when technically they weren’t completely dead (regardless of how we felt)…it’s sickening.  

• Like 4

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

To lose TWO games in a row the way that they have, when technically they weren’t completely dead (regardless of how we felt)…it’s sickening.  

I wish it were sickening to the players.  I know that these guys care, but do they care enough?

I wish it were sickening to the players.  I know that these guys care, but do they care enough?

I think some of them most definitely do.  Not all.  I think the staff is the most serious problem.  It’s amazing how much Brunette is missed.  I wouldn’t put Groan in charge of a pee wee team.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The thing that makes this worse is that the teams around them have been wildly inconsistent as well. The opportunity to grab the season by the scruff of the neck and put a run together was there, and the team just haven't looked interested. 

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
  • Like 3

Just now, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

The thing that makes this worse is that the teams around them have been wildly inconsistent as well. The opportunity to grab the season by the scruff of the neck and out a run together was there, and the team just haven't looked interested. 

Yeah I detailed that in another post, how meh most of the other teams in the hunt have been.  The Caps were squashed tonight, and that’s the team that’s actually been doing the most winning lately.

• Like 3

I think some of them most definitely do.  Not all.  I think the staff is the most serious problem.  It’s amazing how much Brunette is missed.  I wouldn’t put Groan in charge of a pee wee team.  

That’s the worst part of this for me, watching Brunette work his magic twenty-five minutes away.  It’s obvious he was the brains behind last year’s team ‘cause Lindy and Green know nothing.

• Like 2

These guys are a bunch of pu$$ies. No matter who's behind the bench, you just can't allow this sh!t to happen. 

• Like 5

That’s the worst part of this for me, watching Brunette work his magic twenty-five minutes away.  It’s obvious he was the brains behind last year’s team ‘cause Lindy and Green know nothing.

It sure makes you realize how much Lindy was along for the ride last year.  Wish Fitz had seen that too.

• Like 3

It sure makes you realize how much Lindy was along for the ride last year.  Wish Fitz had seen that too.

We can only hope he sees it now and will do something about it soon.  Whoever the next coach is, he needs to be the opposite of Lindy.

• Like 1

Just now, Devs64 said:

These guys are a bunch of pu$$ies. No matter who's behind the bench, you just can't allow this sh!t to happen. 

If anyone wants to hook me up with a DeLorean, a flux capacitor, and some plutonium, I’ll head back to 1990 right now and abduct Claude Lemieux.  Man could this team use a guy like him.

• Like 3

If anyone wants to hook me up with a DeLorean, a flux capacitor, and some plutonium, I’ll head back to 1990 right now and abduct Claude Lemieux.  Man could this team use a guy like him.

back to the future flux capacitor GIF

I haven't given a sh!t about our mathematical chances to make the playoffs because we don't belong there. But I never thought this team will completely flush themselves to the sewer. Kudos to Timo for even speaking in front of the camera after this sh!t show. If they have anything resembling the balls, they must beat the rags tomorrow. I'll take nothing less than these 2 meaningless points.

Edited by Devs64
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

I haven't given a sh!t about our mathematical chances to make the playoffs because we don't belong there. But I never thought this team will completely flush themselves to the sewer. Kudos to Timo for even speaking in front of the camera after this sh!t show. If they have anything resembling the balls, they must beat the rags tomorrow. I'll take nothing less than these 2 meaningless points.

The way this season is going we'll beat the Rags 10-3 just to throw extra salt in our wounds

1 minute ago, Devs64 said:

I haven't given a sh!t about our mathematical chances to make the playoffs because we don't belong there. But I never thought this team will completely flush themselves to the sewer. Kudos to Timo for even speaking in front of the camera after this sh!t show. If they have anything resembling the balls, they must beat the Rrags tomorrow. I'll take nothing less than these 2 meaningless points tomorrow. 

At this point I’d stunned if they finished with a .500 point%.  They’re a rudderless ship right now, with no answers, who’ve suffered two mindblowingly brutal losses.  Whatever they had left, it’s been sucked dry…this season is going to end ugly.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’ll plant the bomb beneath the car, but I’ll be sure to let MD2020 know about it first, so he can find some excuse to get out of the car for a few minutes.

Hey I appreciate that 🤣

55 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

You joke, but Fitz does have a close connection to Sullivan, and I’d take him in a heartbeat if Pittsburgh moves on from him. 

💯💯💯💯💯

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

At this point I’d stunned if they finished with a .500 point%.  They’re a rudderless ship right now, with no answers, who’ve suffered two mindblowingly brutal losses.  Whatever they had left, it’s been sucked dry…this season is going to end ugly.

It sure will, but tomorrow's game is more than just a hockey game. It's probably their last chance to make a statement that their hearts are bigger than their azzholes. 

Sorry for my latest posts. I'm usually much calmer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devs64 said:

It sure will, but tomorrow's game is more than just a hockey game. It's probably their last chance to make a statement that their hearts are bigger than their azzholes. 

Sorry for my latest posts. I'm usually much calmer.

As you can see, I’m not exactly the definition of calmness tonight.  This was a soul-crushing night.

• Like 2

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Glad I skipped.

Oh you should be!  It’s not enough that this team makes sure to kick you with a wide-toed boot as to nail both balls…they make sure to graft a spike to the instep just before they kick.

• Like 1