Back to school...

MissionHockey

Well the summer is practically over and I know most of the adolescent posters on these boards will be going back to school if they haven't already. I'm entering my junior year in Somerville High School, which I am still having a hard time accepting. My schedule came today, and soon I will have to go shopping for supplies (another thing I hate doing).

This year is going to be especially brutal, I am going to have to bust my ass extra hard so hopefully a college will take a glimpse at me. Whats worse is that I have two study halls the first semester, and none the second! Errr its going to be a long year.

see I disagree.. I'm so totally looking forward to getting back to school full time next week.. I think it's gonna be good for me... but I could also have seen old school too many times and have delusions of grandeur here B )

Well the summer is practically over and I know most of the adolescent posters on these boards will be going back to school if they haven't already. I'm entering my junior year in Somerville High School, which I am still having a hard time accepting. My schedule came today, and soon I will have to go shopping for supplies (another thing I hate doing).

This year is going to be especially brutal, I am going to have to bust my ass extra hard so hopefully a college will take a glimpse at me. Whats worse is that I have two study halls the first semester, and none the second! Errr its going to be a long year.

hehe wait till u get to college, u look foward to it a little more :P

which ones are you hoping to attend?

Oh I LOVED buying school supplies! i LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! A box of nice new pencils. New pens!! All that clean notebook paper! writing tablets... Imiss it so much! It's totally been on my mind! I just want to go nuts in an art supply store! That's the one thing I actually enjoy about ofice work! FILES! Portfolios! Post it pads! LEVENGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE their pads! OH OHOHOHOHOHOHOH! :evil: ok I'll settle down now :)

You know Canada actually has some fun stuff. I stocked up on Hilroy exercise books! Those are just so tidy and stowable! I do my little insurance billing sums in those! non trashable scrap paper! YUCK I'm such a Virgo.... :P

Edited by Pepperkorn

hehe wait till u get to college, u look foward to it a little more :P

Theres a couple that I plan on looking at, but I haven't really decided yet. Preferably a state college if I get in to one. Hopefully I will, for the most part I'm a B/C student. More Cs than Bs, but I know I have to work harder this year if I plan to get into college.

hehe wait till u get to college, u look foward to it a little more  :P

Theres a couple that I plan on looking at, but I haven't really decided yet. Preferably a state college if I get in to one. Hopefully I will, for the most part I'm a B/C student. More Cs than Bs, but I know I have to work harder this year if I plan to get into college.

eh grades really are'nt as important as they make it seem. atleast in NYS anyway. i had pretty lousy grades in HS, so i went to a crappy college for a year got my GPA up and now i can pretty much go where ever i want. well maybe not anywhere, but my college is currently in the top 349, so says princeton review :D

my college is currently in the top 349, so says princeton review :D

Good ol' Princeton Review...need I mention what they say about my alma mater, SUNY Albany? :lol:

This is going to be my first fall without school...it's going to be so strange! I won't know what to do with myself! I envy you people who are heading off for school, I really do! (Yes, I was the geek who spent all summer counting down the days to the first day of school, lol).

I'm starting my senior year of high school on Sept. 2nd. It's so stupid, we have school on the 2nd, then a half day on the 3rd, then a 3-day weekend, so what is the point in going back on the 2nd? :noclue:

Anywho...I can't wait to finally finish high school, man my school sucks. We have no hockey team, and we can't even afford frickin' lights for our crappy football field. I don't even know what my GPA is because they don't tell us for some reason.

MissionHockey: start deciding on colleges to apply to ASAP. Don't wait until the month before your senior year like I did, because it gives you less time. I don't know where I'm going yet, but I'm probably going to major in business or accounting at either Rutgers or Villanova, even though it's near Philly. I'd rather go to Rutgers, but I've heard Villanova is better, so I guess I'll visit both and then probably apply to both and see what happens...

I would be half and half...like PK, I liked the new supplies but I did hate going back.

Oh yeah... I was a crap student! I never did homework. My father just didnt get it ( he was beyond dispairing of me! :P ). I was so diciplined in some areas but when it came to school work I didn't give two hoots and a hoorah! It sucked -- I'd get great test scores but always marked down for not doing the home work... not doing book reports papers and all that. I'd discuss up a storm in class (imagine that.. mio?) but if I had to write it down outside of school hours -- pshaw! Forget it.

I remember once when I actually DID my history homework, right as I was leaving for school the dog BARFED on it! You bet I brought it in that way! My teacher was nonplussed and gave me permission to re-write it during class time!

my college is currently in the top 349, so says princeton review  :D

Good ol' Princeton Review...need I mention what they say about my alma mater, SUNY Albany? :lol:

This is going to be my first fall without school...it's going to be so strange! I won't know what to do with myself! I envy you people who are heading off for school, I really do! (Yes, I was the geek who spent all summer counting down the days to the first day of school, lol).

i visit suny albany all the time! my best friend goes up there. i was so disapointed with my first college, and i actually applied and got accepted to Ualbany. i was all set to go there until my current college (which i never thought would even consider me) sent me an acceptance letter. nice school.

Dont start untill the 7th, but have to move into my appartment on the 1st. Yay independance. Half way done with college already, scary.... Man i dont wanna grow up, living the layed back college life is much fun, especially when you can do it at a good school :)

Guest Devsrule
Cause it doesn't mean one single thing, ESPECIALLY after your accepted to ur college, then you might as well just not show up, cause that's what it will feel like. haha.

haha thats what I thought you meant. :D

Edited by Devsrule

Why so NJay?

Cause it doesn't mean one single thing, ESPECIALLY after your accepted to ur college, then you might as well just not show up, cause that's what it will feel like. haha.

Actually i know people that had their acceptances taken away, so it can happen, but year slacking off senior year of hs is only natural.

I'm starting my senior year of high school on Sept. 2nd. It's so stupid, we have school on the 2nd, then a half day on the 3rd, then a 3-day weekend, so what is the point in going back on the 2nd? :noclue:

Anywho...I can't wait to finally finish high school, man my school sucks. We have no hockey team, and we can't even afford frickin' lights for our crappy football field. I don't even know what my GPA is because they don't tell us for some reason.

MissionHockey: start deciding on colleges to apply to ASAP. Don't wait until the month before your senior year like I did, because it gives you less time. I don't know where I'm going yet, but I'm probably going to major in business or accounting at either Rutgers or Villanova, even though it's near Philly. I'd rather go to Rutgers, but I've heard Villanova is better, so I guess I'll visit both and then probably apply to both and see what happens...

Hah I go back on the 9th :D . I have two colleges in mind, Montclair State and Farley Dickenson (pardon my spelling). I'm pretty sure I can get into FD, my dad wants me to get into Rutgers also which will be pretty hard.