Lost

Nieuwy25

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rousseau should have stolen any Browning boots instead of Timberlands--they're more expensive but nicer and better boots. :evil:

The redneck looking scumbags are "the others", as Petey said; what's up with only wanting kids, though? Some kind of child slave ring going on? I don't know how they are going to save Michael, Jin (is that his name....just went blank :blink: ) and especially Sawyer, getting shot. I knew the rednecks had guns soon as Sawyer went for his. I think Jin and Sun will reunite, though, in the future.

I think they should have or should kill off Shannon because she's a sullen, whiny beeotch who now pretends to mourn Boone. I bet poor Vincent doesn't get any walks or lovies being taken care of by her. Poor dog!

I knew we wouldn't get to see what was technically in the hatch.

I think they've been after Michael the whole time, except they didn't know it. They thought Claire's kid was the one with weird powers so they wanted him (her?) at first, but Michael's the one who was able to make a polar bear appear out of nowhere after reading a comic book, so... yeah.

I thought that Walt was the one bringing on the weird things.

I still havent watched the finale tho.. so i guess thats going to solve that mystery lol

Just to clear things up.

Walt is the kid's name.

Mike is his father's name.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oops. i hit add reply before seeing yours.. i just figured it was something revealed in this episode since i hadnt watched it yet haha

I was really disappointed in the finale. There are at least some intriguing new developments for next year.

So we know who the "others" are. My guess is that they are slave traders, and that's why they want Walt.

But we still don't know anything about the Island - why all the weird happenings, why each one was "brought" there, etc. I really hoped we'd get some answers to some of those things. And seeing the "monster" was a joke! Did they really destroy it, or not?

I think Locke is on the right track in his ideas about the island, instead of Jack. At least I hope so. So are those two going to be enemies next year?

And Sawyer!!! He can't die! I won't let him! :uni:

edited to add: Best line of the whole finale was Arzt telling Hurley, "Some of us have actually lost weight on this island!". :D

Edited by Nieuwy25

edited to add:  Best line of the whole finale was Arzt telling Hurley, "Some of us have actually lost weight on this island!".  :D

Somebody said that to Hurley earlier in the season, too. His response was something along the line of "when you weigh as much as I do, you don't notice the weight loss as much". I wanted to kill Arzt for that; it was such an a-hole thing to say. Needless to say, it was poetic justice when he blew himself up.

They have only been on the isalnd for like 3 weeks..despite the 10 months its taken us to get to this point,.. and he was the one distributing the food from the plane so he probably got a little more for himself!

Edited by langsgirl

The others seemed more like pirates to me just like that ship with the explosives seemed pirate like...bet come fall we will find out they aren't the others and are hallucinations and that wispy thing really took Walt...will be interesting to see how the raft guys fare being they were at least 15 miles offshore...it was amazing tho how Walt says Vincent go back and the pup does...very impressive scene. :)

Part 1 of the episode last week was a better hour - the suspense was great and the scene with the smoke actually gave me shivers - now this weeks revelation of the fire was disappointing. Overall a good finale, I hope there's more to the others than what we saw, pirates is pretty lame - what they smuggle 1 kid every 16 years? No -hopefully theres a more sinister side to it. I like the "Black Rock" angle and the eventual heroin issue that will be dealt with. I can only hope that the writers stay creative and follow up with a good season next fall, though I cant see the gimmick lasting much more after next year.

I have a question.. i was only semi paying attention so im wondering if i missed something...

When Hurley got on the plane at the end.. he gave Walt a thumbs up and Walt got a big smile.. had they run into each other in the airport? or was it like a thumbs up cause they somehow know they are both bad luck or something!

• 2 weeks later...

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20050607/D8AIT8IO1.html

Michelle Rodriguez Joins 'Lost' Castaways

Jun 7, 1:07 PM (ET)

NEW YORK (AP) - Michelle Rodriguez is getting "Lost" full-time. The 26-year-old actress will join the cast of the stranded-on-an-island drama when production resumes for its second season, ABC announced Monday.

In a flashback scene on the season finale, Rodriguez played Ana-Lucia Cortez, a passenger on doomed Oceanic flight No. 815, who flirted with Jack Shepard, played by Matthew Fox, at an airport bar in Sydney, Australia.

Rodriguez first caught the attention of movie audiences as a boxer in 2000's "Girlfight." She's also starred in "S.W.A.T.,""Resident Evil,""Blue Crush" and "The Fast and the Furious."

ABC didn't specify what Rodriguez's role would be when the show returns, but many "Lost" theorists believe passengers in the back half of the plane, where Cortez said she was sitting, are alive and haven't been discovered.

A"Lost" will air Wednesdays (9 p.m. ET) this fall.

So would it be a spoiler to say I bet that woman's husband turns up too? I bet so because she's a talented actress and it's be waste to just have her all moony in an episode or two. :noclue: I only saw that episode though

• 1 year later...

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20070115/D8MLEAJG0.html

'Lost' Producers in Talks About End Date

Jan 14, 9:21 PM (ET)

By DAVID BAUDER

PASADENA, Calif. (AP) - Makers of the tropical island drama "Lost" say they're talking with ABC executives about setting an end date for the series.

There's no sense the finale is coming anytime soon. But knowing they have a deadline will help writers of the convoluted drama lay out how they want the story to end, producers said Sunday in a meeting with TV critics here.

"Once we figure out when that will be, a lot of the questions will go away," said Carlton Cuse, an executive producer. "Lost" is in its third season.

The producers, citing Fox's "The X-Files," said they didn't want to wear out their welcome. "That was a great show that probably ran two seasons too long," Cuse said. "That is a cautionary tale for us."

"Lost" is due back on ABC's schedule next month following an extended hiatus after the season's first six episodes and will air uninterrupted through May. The schedule was a direct result of fans' complaints about reruns disrupting their concentration in past seasons, producers said.

It's likely next year that all 22 episodes will run consecutively, much like Fox is doing with "24."

One prominent critic - ABC Entertainment President Stephen McPherson - said he thought the first six episodes this season concentrated too heavily on the stories of Jack, Kate and Sawyer at the expense of other members of the large cast.

The producers said that will be rectified right away for the season's second half as "Lost" goes back to the beach.

"Lost," which is shifting back an hour to 10 p.m. Eastern time, Wednesdays, on ABC's schedule, has seen a 14 percent drop in its audience this year, according to Nielsen Media Research. Producers contend the numbers are deceptive because of a comparison with the second season, when "Lost" was a cultural sensation.

The producers concede that it's a demanding story for viewers to keep up with, and not one that people can join in the middle.

"We want them back," executive producer Damon Lindelof said of the lost fans. "We really believe in the show and the audience we're getting. But if we write towards getting them back, we may alienate the audience that we already have."