BREAKING: MEETING CONCLUDED, NO PROGRESS MADE

Devils30

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Berger, the hard-line owners are making their presence felt. I still can't believe the players won't take the $42.5 million- just incredible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

who are these hard line owners? I want names and addresses.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

According to Berger, Nashville, (Craig Leopold) Florida, (Alan Cohen) and Boston (Jacobs) were leading this charge.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nashville scum, not surprised by jacobs. 2 teams that shouldn't exist are determining the future of the league. jacobs couldn't hold this up on his own

wayne and mario had to be there to reach a compromise, not restate buttmunchs hardline stance. What was the point of the meeting then? they have to negotiate. give and take a little. not swallow bettmans pill.

it was the NHL who requested this meeting, not the NHLPA, that's why everybody got there hopes up. Pressure was being put on both sides really to get things done, why the hell did they go in there with the same offer?

we need some more pressure on the leopolds and cohens of the world, they're detroying our sport.

I'm not sure you can blame the Hockey News - they heard a story and reported it. The problem is that the owners lured the players back to the table and offered the same deal that had already been rejected. They thought they could embarass and scare the players into accepting - and I think the players should have taken the deal. Unless everything was a lie, I bet they got close to a deal - otherwise why pull the players from the European games?

You think there is any chance anyone involved in the negotiations ever looks at fan boards? The anger and betrayal the most loyal NHL fans feel should make everyone involved very, very nervous.

According to Berger, the hard-line owners are making their presence felt. I still can't believe the players won't take the $42.5 million- just incredible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

who are these hard line owners? I want names and addresses.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fan590 says Nashville, Florida, Boston and Atlanta.

I agree that what is killing this is that they only need 8 teams to kill a deal. If it was majority I think we would have a deal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, I think Jacobs could survive with a 45 mil cap.

I don't want scum like Bettman carrying the water for Nashville, Florida, and Atlanta. I want a commisioner who does what's in the best interest for HOCKEY.

I'm not sure you can blame the Hockey News - they heard a story and reported it.  The problem is that the owners lured the players back to the table and offered the same deal that had already been rejected.  They thought they could embarass and scare the players into accepting - and I think the players should have taken the deal.  Unless everything was a lie, I bet they got close to a deal - otherwise why pull the players from the European games?

You think there is any chance anyone involved in the negotiations ever looks at fan boards?  The anger and betrayal the most loyal NHL fans feel should make everyone involved very, very nervous.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, you CAN blame THN because one of the biggest rules in journalism is NOT to make things that aren't so certain SOUND certain. And if you do so, then you MUST face the consequences. If you take that risk, you have to be willing to lose your job and even possibly your company for taking that risk. They made it sound like the deal was practically signed. Even if they thought something like this would "help something get resolved", it's still not professional, and can be illegal if that WAS their intent (to make up a story to hopefully get a deal made.)

Edited by RoughDraft

I wrote that badly - I meant the NHL was trying to force the players to accept.  The reason I'm not mad at THN is because I think someone from the NHL fed them the story.  They just reported that "sources say."  My guess is sources really did say a deal was imminent.  It just wasn't. :noclue:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately though, whether you believe it or not, The Hockey News is RESPONSIBLE for what they choose to print, even if it's someone else's words. Once they print those words, they cannot be taken back. So in the end, yes, THN will be blamed for a large portion of this.

I am officially done with the NHL for the time being.

These a$$holes - Bettman, Goodenow, Saskin, DALY, they all make me fvcking SICK. :puke:

how the fvck can NO PROGRESS BE MADE after a 6-Hour meeting after reports that a deal was done? I am sick and fvcking tired of being thrown around like a rag doll by these scumbags.

I hope they all kill themselves. Fvck them all.

There is still more time for meetings.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think anyone has the energy to go through this again. And if they continue to do this, the NHL will continue to lose more and more fans. For the sake of the sport, the smartest thing to do at this point is to shift attention to salvaging NEXT season. I couldn't stomach any more of these "meetings", to be completely honest with you.

I am saying they can talk tomorrow and try to work something out. Maybe the outcry from fans could get to them. Anything is possible.

Well Daly out-and-out said that if they came to an agreement today, 2004-2005 is still cancelled. This is all for next season.

That being the case, there is no reason for a meeting tomorrow, the day after or for the next 6 months.

I am saying they can talk tomorrow and try to work something out. Maybe the outcry from fans could get to them. Anything is possible.

Well Daly out-and-out said that if they came to an agreement today, 2004-2005 is still cancelled. This is all for next season.

That being the case, there is no reason for a meeting tomorrow, the day after or for the next 6 months.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Obviously there is. They need to work something out soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's crap, I don't believe any of bettmans thugs.

he's just trying to cover his own ass for not reaching an agreement, "yea even if we came up with something, no hockey"

Adam Schein just said it best on WFAN. We've been cheated, punched in the stomach by Bettman and his gang of 8.

Edited by '7'

And people think Lou has bad PR, the NHL's PR right now is about ten times worse than Lou's could ever get :argh:

How do you get everyone's hopes up like that and then offer the same deal and then return with nothing?! Now the owners and the players can go in the same sinking boat as far as I'm concerned. ESPECIALLY since if the drop-dead date had been a month ago as it should have been there still would have been time to salvage the season :P Not that I would have put a dime on it with these two moronic sides at this point...what the hell is either side thinking???

What a disaster. Now they alienated me and everyone else ten times more than if they'd just left the damn door shut after Wednesday. They had a golden opportunity today and just like 1994 they casually gave it away and slapped us in the face again.

Edited by Hasan4978