Game Thread: Albany vs. Norfolk Admirals

Fidgetess

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, the Rats manage to pull out a win despite being wildly outshot. Norfolk had 40 shots on goal to Albany's 26.

I didn't even realize that Norfolk switched goalies in the third. Adam Munro relieved Michael Leighton six minutes into the period. Munro stopped both shots he faced. Leighton had 17 saves on 23 shots.

Edited by Rowdyfan42

GREAT WIN!

Very impressive, so this brings the rats to what? 7 wins in the past 8? Or is it 6 in past 7? Whatever it is they're doing great!!! :clap:

The rats are showing again they DO HAVE POTENTIAL to be a playoff team, its just sad they had so many issues after that begining tear....

what makes this win against norfolk all the more impressive is the fact that they did it with a team that was essentially dead with injuries.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

These last two games have been amazing. 13 goals in 2 games. What's not to love?!? It seems like the Rats said screw defense, let's just go for the goals.

Nittel's goal was a carbon copy of his goal Saturday. His shot from the right faceoff circle is incredible.

I liked Magowan when he played those games for the Rats last year, so when I saw him out there in the pregame, I was so happy. Then when he got an assist, I was even happier. Then when he scored, I was ecstatic! Alex Brooks grabbed the puck for him too :D

They actually pulled Leighton towards the end of the 1st period. It looked like he got a cramp of some kind after the Rats' second goal, I could see him pacing at the end of the hall leading to the visitor's locker room. Munro finished off the period, and Leighton came back for the 2nd. If I was Norfolk, I would have kept Munro in, he looked sharp in the pregame and the 6 minutes or whatever he played in the 1st.

We're actually being killed by suspensions, not so much injuries, but the good news is we get 3 of our 4 big fighters back for the Binghamton game! Schultz served his suspension tonight, and Skrlac's will begin on Friday.

My grandmother left a message on our machine saying she wants to go on Friday. Last time she came, we lost our next ten :ph34r:

With the win tonight, we're back to 2 points behind Bridgeport, who we play on Saturday.

My grandmother left a message on our machine saying she wants to go on Friday.  Last time she came, we lost our next ten  :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, Fidgetess, WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT let your grandmother attend the game!

hehe jk, maybe she can be a good luck charm this time around! :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As soon as we heard it, we starting figuring out how to talk her out of it!

But, I can't do it, I love my Rats, but I love my gramma even more :)

(I'll be a nervous wreck all week though, worrying if she's going to jinx us again!)