Niedermayer to Ducks (CONFIRMED)

Weekes Head

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's true he DECLINED the max, then I really do hope he gets a slapshot to the head.  The entire Niedermayer family can burn in hell.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ouch. Poor sportsmanship much?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'm sure he doesn't mean it..just said out of frustration. this is a pretty crushing blow to the team.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point...I just don't like when I see people wishing harm upon any player.

If it's true he DECLINED the max, then I really do hope he gets a slapshot to the head.  The entire Niedermayer family can burn in hell.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ouch. Poor sportsmanship much?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No poor sportsmanship is declining $7.8 million a year with the team who made you.

I guess this shows everyone that it was never really all about the money with Niedermayer. Good luck to him, stupid choice if you ask me, but good luck nonetheless. Well, Granny Niedermayer should be happy now - if that's possible anyway.

Too bad Aucoin is gone, time to start shopping Lou.

There was absolutely nothing we could do more. The max, at 5 yrs in this envrionment is unbeatable on paper. Family is more important.

I think its time the Devils just reinvent themselves. Stevens is done or 1 and done. We dont have a strong offense, not a strong defense... the only thing we got going at present is in goal, without a strong backup.

I think we should try to focus on offense, and get decent d; not star-studded. Brodeur will still be Brodeur, and as long as we got 3 decent pairings playing good positional d... we should be able to get the upper hand on the goals for/goals against.

I'm stunned Lou tried to max him. Just stunned.

If I'm a Ducks fan, I'd be a little worried. It's obvious Scott's priorities have changed. Winning another Cup is no longer as important than grabbing a beer with Rob after the game and being in the same time zone as his agent.

As for the Devils, it's a big blow. It's going to hurt this team this season, no matter who they bring in. But clearing that salary this year, and a little bit more salary next year puts this team in a position to do something very, very big next summer.

But before that, let's remember what we have here -- Stevens (we assume), White, Raffy (we assume), Hale, Martin, Matvachuk. Not too shabby at all.

<JESTER>

Edited by NJD Jester

This really FVCXKING SUCKS!!!

No I know whats it like to be a ranger fan...  Season over befor it even begins!!!

AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

El D.  When does the season start for the EPL???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Even that's not looking so good with the players the Gunners lost.

Well rum, we have had a good ten years run here. I still think more can be done with this team though. There's still some good pieces here. Defensively, we really aren't that bad. That's, of course, if we sign Rafalski/Stevens. Hamrlik would be nice. We really need Offensive help. It's in shambles.