What number will Parise have?

mkstatto

These are the non-goaltender numbers open from 1-30 on the offical website:

I don't think he'll be issued 3,13.

Langdon=17

Oliwa=19

Matvichuk=24

Gionta or Hale aren't listed on the roster so leave their numbers aside for now.

Thats true.. but Mogilny wore 89... thats the only reason i say that.. and 14 is going to Gionta cuz he'll be back

Argh, forgot about Gionta! :doh1:

All right, then, 16 or 21. Definitely 16 if Suglobov makes the team out of training camp. 6 and 8 will go to McGillis and Malakhov.

Very rarely does Lou allow high numbers to be given out, and only then it's typically to veterans who have worn the number throughout their entire career.

Edited by Rowdyfan42

The New Jersey Devils have never issued the number 13. I don't see them starting now

Why is that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The story I've heard is: after the Devils name was chosen by fans in a newspaper contest, then owner Dr. McMullen didn't like it but it allowed it to stay, but he didn't want any player to wear 13 as that would appear to be too "satanic". The original GM abided by it and Lou kept it up when he came on and keeps by it to this day even with Vanderbeek as the new owner.

A former Devil Nemchinov wore 13 everywhere he played in the NHL, even asked for it when he came here, and was a little miffed when he was issued 12 instead.

That is why I mentioned that I didn't think Parise would be issued 13 in my original post in this thead. B )