Kingda Ka

NJCroMag

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure it'd be better going on a weekday, but if you go on a weekend, get there before the gates are open and make a bee-line to KK.

The second the gates opened on Saturday, people started running for the ride. My brother and I took it at a nice leisurely pace, and when we got to the ride, the line was already 30 minutes long.

We were on the ride twice within the first two hours. Not bad for a major ride on a weekend. By the time we got off the second time, the line had to be -- no kidding now -- at least three hours long. Fortunately, the hype for KK is so great, we walked onto Medusa, and had to wait a mere 15 minutes to get onto Nitro.

A little tip...if either of you are big into riding in the first row, first car, I suggest you save some time...bypass it and go for first car, second row. The even-numbered cars are 4-5 inches higher than the odd ones. Sitting in car one, row two, is almost as good as sitting in row one (without all that wind smacking you in the face).

Great ride, by the way. Yeah, it may be a one-trick-pony (steep incline, steep decline, bunny hill, done), but the launch is amazing, and the split-second when you're facing straight down from 456 feet up...marvelous.

Oy vey -- i couldn't do it... I hate that feeling when the rollercoaster bars go down and you start to move.. I just think Oh nooo.. now I've done it. Of course I feel the same way when a plane starts to taxi... I just want to stay in my own little home... :(

Oh hey I finished the Hobbit FINALLY! Last week actually -- it was fun!

Edited by Darwindog

I prefer the back of the roller coaster.. its faster.. when you are going downthe hills ya get pulled quicker by the rest of the train :)

the front is always so slow starting downt he hills...

but i will defintaley make that my first stop when i get in..although i probably wont be in when teh gates open...

I hope to be on this thing in around 10 days!

Oy vey -- i couldn't do it...  I hate that feeling when the rollercoaster bars go down and you start to move.. I just think Oh nooo.. now I've done it.  Of course I feel the same way when a plane starts to taxi... I just want to stay in my own little home... :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For a dog you're very umm catlike.

I went on it a couple months ago, the day before it broke for a long time.

This was on a trip with my high school and a bunch of other schools were there too, so the line got up to three or four hours at the end of the day. I got in a line first thing and I only had to wait an hour and fifteen minutes. Well, that was with cutting the line to be with some friends.

The only time I was scared was when they make you wait in the car before you're shot off. I started thinking, "Why am I doing this??" But before it shot off, my friend and I prayed like good Catholic school children, in case we died. :D LOL. Anyway, during the actual ride I don't think there was time to be scared. It's too fast. The ride is really short, but I thought it was totally worth it. Awesome rollercoaster!

One thing that surprised me is how fast it actually is. I knew it was going to be fast, but I don't think you can really know what 128 mph feels like until then. It was funny to see guys' hair at the end of the ride from the speed. I even tightened my ponytail right before the ride started and it came out.

Are they still announcing "Keep your head back and your arms down" every two seconds? Naturally, some people didn't listen and had their arms up from the start. When I was there, one girl ended up smacking herself in the face as it started and she broke her nose. Ouch. I feel sorry for whoever was seated around her.

Are they still announcing "Keep your head back and your arms down" every two seconds?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, it's a very abrupt, do-as-I-say: "Head back! Arms down!" My bro and I kept adding "Sh*t pants!" to the announcement every time it played.

I havent made it there yet, but i plan on going soon, im a roller coaster nut, and there is no amusment par ride i wont try at least once. I cant wait.

I hope to be on this thing in around 10 days!
Oy vey -- i couldn't do it...  I hate that feeling when the rollercoaster bars go down and you start to move.. I just think Oh nooo.. now I've done it.  Of course I feel the same way when a plane starts to taxi... I just want to stay in my own little home... :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For a dog you're very umm catlike.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:unsure:... did sammy call me a pvssy?

Edited by Darwindog

I'll grant you that Six Flags is supposed to be trying to improve their park operations this year but I haven't been to any this year to see how well they're actually following through on it. I just know from past years how awful Six Flags parks have been run and how much that can ruin your day when compared to a park that's run well, which is something that all the rides in the world can't fix... :argh:

To be honest though I still haven't even been to Cedar Point this year; so far I've only had a single trip to my 'home' park, which isn't really a bad thing given that it's considered one of the best 'traditional' amusement parks out there. :P

I haven't been out to Great Adventure for a few years (why bother when I have better parks closer? :P) so I haven't been on this but I have been on Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point quite a few times which is almost the same thing - it's just a bit shorter and doesn't have the bunny hill.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, TTD was the speed/height champion prior to Kingda Ka. Funny thing, from monitoring some theme park websites, is how many CP fans are taking the KK news poorly.

They have what's regarded to be the finest rollercoaster park in the country, and SFGAdv steals just a tad of the attention away, and you'd think their world just ended.

I goto GA alot, we have season passes and only live about 20 minutes away.

Is it the best run park... no, but it does have ALOT of rides, and the coasters rock. Problem w/ parks like GA comp[ared to a Disney.. the GA rides last at most 2 to 3 minutes, so you seem to wait forever for the best rides and its over in a blink, while Disney makes the rdes more of an event, and many last up words of 10 minutes.

That being said its really cleaned up over the last 5 years, the new kiddie park is nice, it has the BEST Safari in the US, way better than Disney. And w/ Kingka around the lines on the other coasters are not bad if you know when to go!! ( but I'm not telling my secrets!!!)

:( I've never been to Great Adventure... Don't I suck? I went to some stupid place in Mass with our senior class around 25 years ago.... other than that just ferris wheels at county fairs. That's rowdy enough for me anyhow. Plus I like the farm animals best at fairs anyhow.