Boston Vs Nj Game thread!

DevilMinder

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my God, where would this team be if not for the Maddenbrunndolfo?

sherry Ross(for as much as an idiot as she is) had a good article in NYDaily News today about how the Devils have been playing playoff hockey since October with all these low scoring games and come playoff time they will be worn out.

Unfortunalty, I tend to agree with thi assessment.

they have to make a trader for some offense.

this game tonight just emphasises this fact

I love how last year we were all complaining that The Devils were sleepwalking, and not playing to their potential. But this year they're playing too hard. Nothing is ever good enough. :joker:

what is this supposed to mean?

does that mean that the former or latter aren't true?

you think the Devils weren't "sleepwalking" through their 1st round playoff exit last year after going to Game #7 of the Finals the year before?

same fro this year, you think the devils can continue to grind out these low scoring 1-0 and 2-1 games(not to mention all the OT games) without becoming physiaclly and psyhcologically drained after 82 games of this stuff?

wow

seems like teh ranger fan's case of denial is srpeading

There's just no pleasing some people.

I'll take wins over losses.  

Bitch, bitch, bitch.. is that what the B stands for in BFett?

i prefer to look at it as "looking at teh big picture, looking at the big picture, looking at the big picture".

Pat Burns's teams in their first year have gone to the Cup Finals, the semi finals, and the conference semi finals, respectively..

hmph, talk about if A then B

yeah, I always look forward to cheering about 1st place in my division come January 1st.

it's what hockey is all about.

Baby steps, BFett. Baby steps. Work on that being less cynical. Take what satisfaction the Devils have provided and work with it.

I mean it could be worse. We could have the Rangers record right now instead of where we are. :blink:

Shhh, LetsGoDevils.. you might awaken some part of his thought process that's been dormant for many years.

Pat Burns has a proven record in his first year as a coach. Will it necessarily work in New Jersey? No. But you can't impugn his record.

What is the big picture BFett? I'd love to know. Most of it seems to involve looking to the past.. there's a certain bit of powerlessness in your current world view.. seems rather absurd. You hate the Devils being in first place, and yet you've maligned Brodeur for his many regular season shortcomings in the past.. you despise the Devils putting out this kind of effort in every game, and your vitriol towards the 'effortless' Niedermayer is ceaseless. The Devils need a scorer, yet don't have the capability to get one now.. so who's looking at the big picture? The big picture implies looking towards the future.. no, in short, you have nothing to gripe about.. if the Devils have the capability to get a big scorer before this year's playoffs, they will do so, but Lou will not overextend his resources to get one.. you dislike Lou's dealing of the ostensible 'future', but you say they need to magically produce scoring out of nothing.. who is being realistic? who is looking at the big picture, i.e. what is real and within the Devils' grasp?

Berglund stook up for Stevens, might wanna mention that.

I guess I have to make comments as I read :D

But see it's annoying that Stevens got the penalty - A. because he didn't deserve it even a little bit and B. because I sort of got the feeling he would have really enjoyed earning it! He looked to be itching to beat the hell out of the guy :) I think Bergy is fine he didn't do much though - I sort of wish he had just let it slide or at least gave some indication he wasn't going to BEFORE Stevens forced himself to take the high road and not fight - as it was Stevens snuck in maybe two good punches. It's like he got the penalty for wishing he had fought -- how LAME is that???? :saddevil::evil:

this game was a sleeping pill.

the NHL needs to get its act together or risk being phased out completely.

You have Metro '7'?

I was wondering while watching last night - especially after the last 2 minutes - if you would think it was dullsville.

SO '7' here is my question IF you actually watched the game- if you didn't then you're just talking out of your ass and I have no use for that :P

Anyhow - Question: If it was the same kind of game but with a 6-5 finish would that make it an exciting game in your eyes?

Or is it the defensive game you hate?

I find these defensive games indeed frustrating to watch but nonetheless fun. Well - in all honesty the loss is more crushing in a game like this - so in that sense the game is less fun.

I love to watch beautiful clean offensive games as well but somehow they are missing something - they feel a little empty to me and yet I still can admire their beauty.

This was a down and dirty kind of footbally type hockey so i don't see how it would hurt the NHLs popularity. Battles are fun. Games of artistry ... I see their value but the public at large would probably like Brian Boytano's New Years on Ice just as well. So I really am interested in what it is you like about hockey

I love how last year we were all complaining that The Devils were sleepwalking, and not playing to their potential.  But this year they're playing too hard.  Nothing is ever good enough.   :joker:

I hear you Blackjack but at the same time we can't deny the unspoken qualifier here -- they are playing too hard for the results they are getting -- meaning all the brilliant near misses on offense. Last year they didn't provide the defense to cover their asses like they are this year - Last year it felt like they were shooting then just stopping and marveling on how the puck just didn't go in - meanwhile the other teams are down in our end beating on Marty.

-----

Marty was great this game - he wasn't letting down despite all the help he was getting from the entire team.

-----

spin.gif Stevens was so stinking adorable! He was having so much fun i couldn't even take it! spin.gif

1luvu.gif

So GetSatan (or SatanReal? :) )...I was thinking last night - it may seem unfair that a guy like Stevens can make 8 million for doing what he loves...but have you ever raked in the dough doing what you love? Not to the tune of millions but there are always times when we're overpaid in life. Let me tell you when you're overpaid in a career you love and NOT delivering on it - it's crushing dude. it's not about money when you're sucking and still making the money. You don't shrug it off and cheer yourself up admiring your account balance -- you slam your head against the ground thinking WHAT WILL MAKE THIS WORK??? You feel like ten times the loser you are. --- Now if you feel apathetic about what you do then THEN you can shrug it off-- in fact you feel like you're earning your pay precisely because you have to endure sucking at what you do...you're being paid to be repeatedly humiliated :lol:

So..I've been biting my tongue..or sitting on my hands as the case may be but I may as well say it here and now -- no one else thinks BFett is YeahKingDevilSucks then? because KY has far too much reserve and maturity and I don't think he could intentionally misspell as badly as BFett... and YKDS just wouldn't have the dicipline to stay away -- he was ill with the posting bug...

Come on moderators do I get the cupey doll??? You all are far too honorable!

this game was a sleeping pill.

Yeah, watching the Bruins will do that to you. :P

How right you are, but for us in New England, the Bruins are the ONLY thing i can watch. Anyways, my first game in a month, looks like The Devils are 5-0-0-0 this season in games that I've watched! The game wasn't as fun as it should've been because of the Bruins announcers bitching about our style. :puke: Maybe they wouldn't have done that if their team was the one with the 1-0 lead :rolleyes: The only time I thought they were right was the last 5 minutes where I thought I was experiencing deja-vu or something since it was always turnover-icing-turnover-icing. Nonetheless, great game and with the Pats missing the playoffs and this loss, I'll have plenty of laughs in school on Thursday.

I don't think they banned her/him for life just two weeks and KD ddin't want to come back - at least not with the tainted reputation or as (s)he probably saw it with all the preconceived notions we all had about her/him as a King Fan...because it wasn't that (s)he had argumentative non-valid points to make -- it was just us being anti-King that got him/her tossed.One thing for BFett though...

Last year the Devils weren't sleep walking -- they were wheel spinning. They expended just as much energy as this season but in the wrong direction. They did have to get it up double-fold to even make the playoffs.

This years constant grind may take it's toll or it may be more or less conditioning. I do indeed worry that in the end the results will be the same - just that last year was a sprint to make the playoffs and this year is cross country where we're leading the pack a little earlier and with a little more effort than I'd like. This years team is playing like it expects the big trade in March - as we all do. I don't think it's the wisest route to take but I can't see any other way at this point so I can