Game Thread: Devils vs Rangers-10/8

Derek21

So after seeing the regular season in action here is a thought:

I would have bet money that the small skilled players would benefit the most from the new rule changes but it is really the large players who like to control the puck a lot who are benefiting the most.  Once they get the puck it is almost impossible to take it away until they decide to pass, shoot, or drive the net.  They can sit and stickhandle forever though and use their body to keep the defenders off of them.  I don't think thats a bad thing, I was just surprised that those players are getting the most use of the new rules.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree Kozlov shows sometimes that when he wants to keep the puck no one can knock into him off of it.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crap i forgot to ask this throught this whole thread.

what did you guys think of lundquivist?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hard to tell through the first 2 periods because he let in a goal on the first SOG (the only one in the 1st pd) and then had almost no work in the second period.

What was it, 8 shots against in the first 2 pds, then he saw 19 shots in the final pd & overtime combined and let in 2 goals. And the second goal was really the only one you could question. If he'd sqeezed his pads together quicker, maybe it wouldn't have gone through when Martin and Kasparaitis were there at the side of the net and then DK knocked it in when it squirted through. I don't think he can be faulted on the other 2. Nor on the one they waived off.

the real thing I want answered is how hung over is RD today after last night ??  B )

as for the game itself I am kinda grateful the Rangers are as BAD as they are, otherwise this would have been a 6-0 ass-beating :P

*still re-watching it now*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: Oh CRASHER, how I love you.

Hey, I had to find ways to entertain myself seeing as the game was absolutely horrible...I just wonder how many people in our section I annoyed with my drunken chants!

BTW, the Parise jersey may need a break now, it reeks of beer and popcorn now... :saddevil:

Hey, I had to find ways to entertain myself seeing as the game was absolutely horrible...I just wonder how many people in our section I annoyed with my drunken chants!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh who cares that section was terrible last night, no real emotion from ANYone all game :P

Too bad you didn't get wasted sooner you would have been more entertaining than the game the first two periods :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh who cares that section was terrible last night, no real emotion from ANYone all game :P

Too bad you didn't get wasted sooner you would have been more entertaining than the game the first two periods :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HEY I told CRASHER to get my damn beer before the game started but he was all lazy and sh!t... :P JK

Ahh, all is well with the world. I just wish I didn't spill that beer all over the floor (and on my purse, no less) when we scored the second goal :lol:

If Crasher hadn't been at the game the Devils would have scored more.

Yeah THAT explains the all time greatest home record in NHL Playoff History in 2003 when I was there for every game :P:rolleyes:

that bit was cute with the River Rats cause they sucked anyway.. it's less funny since I've been going to Devils games since 1993... I'd actually say me going to games was the catalyst for this team's success!!!

(if you wanna get absurd, let's get absurd ;) )

Yeah, but the Devils supposedly suck now (if you believe half the posts here), so blaming you is apropos. :P

crap i forgot to ask this throught this whole thread.

what did you guys think of lundquivist?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He was good despite the lack of shots the first two periods. When the Devils came hard like I knew they would in the third, Henrik held the Rangers in. He thought he had Mogilny's shot but when he tried to cover it, the puck trickled over.

I really like what I saw from him afterwards. No panic. Square to the shooters. It will be fun to watch him this season.

:lol: Oh CRASHER, how I love you.

BTW, the Parise jersey may need a break now, it reeks of beer and popcorn now... :saddevil:

so how hung over WERE you ?? You never answered!!! :blink:

Oh I think we amused the few rows in front of us pretty good... that "leading the league in passes to the skates" comment got a few laughs even from them Ranger fans B )

Least you didn't have a cigar in your face all day and some odd burning smell for the PPV tonight... good god I feel nauseous today :P... but yesterday was a trip indeed!!

*edits* wanna borrow the Friesen jersey ?? It's lucky and on fire now one in a row!! :lol:

Edited by CRASHER