Suglobov

DevsRule

I'd try him. But who are they sending down? Because it's not a question of just scratching someone, they have to actually send someone down to Albany if they are going to do it. And that player probably can't come back if Sluggo doesn't work out, because of the issue with waivers on the way back up and NJ having to pay half their salary and it counting against the cap if another team picks them up on waivers on the way back UP. So unless they are putting another forward on IR, sending Parese down, sending a forward down and never bringing them back or making a trade immediately, nobody can come up.

Bring up someone who can hit. Forget about offensive creativity - there's plenty of that on this roster, more than most. Gomez, Kozlov, Mogilny, Parise to name a few - the first three have had 40-50 assist seasons, and Parise will probably have a few of those before his career is over. What this squad lacks is a player willing to go to the net and throw big hits on defenders on the forecheck.

The irony is that Jeff Friesen was the closest thing we had to a player like that.

Tallackson can hit. Doesn't score all that well, but he can hit. Reminds me a bit of Rupp.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, from the couple games I've seen him in, he can score, too. :D That doesn't necessarily equate to NHL scoring success, but he will go to the net. I also like Voros because he plays an extremely physical game, and out of all our prospects, he goes to the net the most. It also looks like he's put on some muscle over the summer.

Tallackson can hit. Doesn't score all that well, but he can hit. Reminds me a bit of Rupp.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, from the couple games I've seen him in, he can score, too. :D That doesn't necessarily equate to NHL scoring success, but he will go to the net. I also like Voros because he plays an extremely physical game, and out of all our prospects, he goes to the net the most. It also looks like he's put on some muscle over the summer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know about that Clarkson lives in front of the net. Both he and Voros are usefull in their own way. Clarkson is more of a physical pest while Voros is more of a PF. Both have a good game.

My first call up would be Clarkson....the kid is only 20 years old but he is much like Holmstrom where he will not leave the blue paint in front of the goatlender and also has good offensive skills. He has size at 6`2 205 and will also fight. I really liked him in the OHL and he has continued to impress at the AHL level.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know about that Clarkson lives in front of the net. Both he and Voros are usefull in their own way. Clarkson is more of a physical pest while Voros is more of a PF. Both have a good game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's good too, and definitely played big yesterday, but the sense I got from Voros at the end of last season and the beginning of this season was that he was developing a more physical/pest-like game. Maybe another frequenter to Rats games can verify this, but that's what I'm getting. He started to remind me of Holik last year in the way he agitated other teams, always sticking his nose in the play. He looks even more comfortable this year, and has added weight. I think the game between Clarkson and Voros is closer than you might think it is. The reason why I like Voros more, though, is ther 6'4'' and probably over 200lbs frame. He also has a great shot, and is a fairly smooth skater for his size.

I also think Nittel was an outside shot this year, but that's dependent on whether he can replicate his 04-05 PP #'s.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's good too, and definitely played big yesterday, but the sense I got from Voros at the end of last season and the beginning of this season was that he was developing a more physical/pest-like game. Maybe another frequenter to Rats games can verify this, but that's what I'm getting. He started to remind me of Holik last year in the way he agitated other teams, always sticking his nose in the play. He looks even more comfortable this year, and has added weight. I think the game between Clarkson and Voros is closer than you might think it is. The reason why I like Voros more, though, is ther 6'4'' and probably over 200lbs frame. He also has a great shot, and is a fairly smooth skater for his size.

I also think Nittel was an outside shot this year, but that's dependent on whether he can replicate his 04-05 PP #'s.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh believe me I like Voros alot. I listened to almost every game past 12 est time on internet radio when he played for Alaska Fairbanks. There are things that I like about Voros, hitting and shot, but also things I don't like and that is his temper and timeing for a bad penalty.

Nittel has a good shot and good size....not much else. Look at Dagenais and see how long he lasted in the NHL like that. Nittel is raw and has alot of work to be done.

Nittel has a good shot and good size....not much else. Look at Dagenais and see how long he lasted in the NHL like that. Nittel is raw and has alot of work to be done.

I think he is a fairly good skater-especially for someone with his size. I don't think he is as lazy or inept defensively as Dagenais, either. The guy is still 21, too. There's still a lot of time for him to round out his game.

I wouldn't mind seeing Suglobov as well as a few others called up...I think the main thing the Devils are missing isn't really passion but rather chemestry...I just don't think they know each other as far as on the ice...they seem like they are lost...passes are clicking and it's like they are struggling just to pull off a decent play (which we haven't really seen them pull off yet) but it is early in the year so the chemistry should come but I think with having to get some cap room for Elias when he returns it would be better to do what you can now so we CAN start building up that chemistry..its no good to start getting it only to lose some players when Elias comes back.

Looking at the Devils roster up front, the one thing they lack is a big forward that can go to the net and distract the goalie. Tallackson as some fans have posted can be that kind of player. If the Devils were smart, they'd recall him soon if their funk continues.

Looking at the Devils roster up front, the one thing they lack is a big forward that can go to the net and distract the goalie. Tallackson as some fans have posted can be that kind of player. If the Devils were smart, they'd recall him soon if their funk continues.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Devils have never and will never engage in this mentality.

Players get promoted because they have earned it, not because the Devils need something.

If Tallackson or Voros is ready, by all means bring them up. But Lou doesn't like to add a different dimension by dipping into the minor leagues.

Edited by Triumph

The Devils have never and will never engage in this mentality.

Players get promoted because they have earned it, not because the Devils need something.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pierre Dagenais and Jiri Bicek. Though circumstances called for it, they got the chance.