Z-Man

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McGillis 9:06

Brown 19:19  :clap:

Sean Brown scares me. I fear extra-terrestrials have abducted the real Sean Brown and replaced him with an alien imposter. Sean is proof positive that the invasion is underway.

Obviously Dan gets the press box when White gets back.

Edited by Don

Nail biter till the end. I admit to wishing Marty was in net for the shootout but Clemmy came through! :clap: I doubt we'll see Ari with Clemmy playing so solidly. It would be nice to give him a shot, but it really wouldn't be fair to Clemmy, he earned the back-up spot. I think we can all breath easier knowing Marty has capable back-up.

I'm feeling better about this team. :evil:

OK I am signed on the right name now..Sorry Underdog heheh....

I know a lot of people may not like the shootout, and I was not crazy about the idea myself, but I really enjoyed watching it! Nice choice to put Kozlov in-and nice goal by him as well! Nice saves by Clemmy too....I feel a lot more confident getting two wins with him now :dance:

It is going to be interesting to see how he plays against the Pens and Lemieux and Crosby.

On a side note, do we really have to play Sean Brown...I really dislike the guy...I miss Scotty Stevens :(

On a side note, do we really have to play Sean Brown...I really dislike the guy...I miss Scotty Stevens  :(

Enh? :huh:

Brown has played SPECTACULAR for a guy making the NHL minimum. He's outplayed Malakhov making $3.6M. What exactly don't you like about him?!?

Shootout

Kozlov, wrist, 29 feet, GOAL!!!    :evil:

Samsonov, wrist, 25 feet ... denied

Mogilny, wrist 26 feet ... denied

Thornton, backhand 17 feet .. goal  :argh:

Gionta, wrist 33 feet .. GOAL  :boogie:

Murray, wrist 28 feet ... denied

Devils win !!!!    :clap:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey olesha. What do these 'feet' mean ?

All players were much closer to the goal when the shoot the puck , I guess ?

From TSN.ca (via A.P.):

"Obviously, the American League prepares you well for this," Clemmensen said after getting his second consecutive win since Brodeur went out with a sprained knee.

"I like shootouts," Devils coach Larry Robinson said with a smile, before bursting into a laugh. "I love shootouts."

On a side note, do we really have to play Sean Brown...I really dislike the guy...I miss Scotty Stevens

Wow, (N)Єverson is worse on camera than he is at writing columns, I would have thought that to be impossible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I swear he appeared brain damaged. Loughlin did a good job putting his one word grunts into sentences. Loughlin also should have pushed him into the Zamboni instead of pulling him out of the way. Did you see how is face lit up and he spoke coherently when the subject was the Rangers?

Hey does Kozlov get credit for a hattrick with the goal he scored in the shootout?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope, I don't believe so, they don't even count on their total goals for the year.

On a side note, do we really have to play Sean Brown...I really dislike the guy...I miss Scotty Stevens  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I understand that everyone has players they dislike, but what has he done for you not to like him? He's been SOLID this year, and if anything, our BEST defenseman these past few games. I truly believe Brown has earned the #6 position, when Whitey comes back McGillis SHOULD be the one to ride the pine.

You gotta give credit to Lou Lams for keeping Sean Brown.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's turning out to be quite the diamond in the rough, that's for sure.

This may still be premature, but Brownie may very well be a Devil for a long time -- he's quickly turning into the prototypical New Jersey Devil.

And thank you to John Madden for killing to 20 seconds of 4-on-3 at the end of OT. Key face-off win and a brilliant read on the pass to a wide open Glenn Murray let him deflect the puck into the seats. Maybe we should trade that guy.. he gets no goals....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I said this in chat earlier, as pathetic as Madden can be offensively without him and the other PK'ers we might have maybe two wins on the year, people have taken our good PK'ing for granted. Then again without Gionta or Brylin we might have maybe two wins.

I almost feel guilty for being so damn happy over the win considering I've been anti-shootout. But this was the first time for the shootout and this win meant a lot. Not that I would have been all that pissy over an OT loss with the one point, to me everything was gravy after Mogilny tied it.

Plus there's the Clemmensen factor too, the underdog coming through :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I understand that everyone has players they dislike, but what has he done for you not to like him? He's been SOLID this year, and if anything, our BEST defenseman these past few games. I truly believe Brown has earned the #6 position, when Whitey comes back McGillis SHOULD be the one to ride the pine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Waive/Trade McGillis?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We're essentially stsuck with Danny McG. Waive him, we still have to eat his salary (though it won't count towards teh cap at least), but absolutely NO ONE will pick him up with his bloated contract and his sh!tty play. We'd have to give up something else just for a team to take him -- not worth it.

On a side note, do we really have to play Sean Brown...I really dislike the guy...I miss Scotty Stevens