Why?

Elias Sports Bureau

I believe the Devils would know how it is pronounced so I'm sure it's Bee-sek.

While I'm asking why, I'm trying to figure out why my avatar that was changed yesterday after this current one was physically discarded somehow mysteriously changed back to this one, without me touching it.

And I spent one day without an avatar altogether while I was trying to make the new one work...

Weird.

Well, I used to assume it was "B-check" when Jiri was first on the Rats but then our radio guy (Hennessy at the time) used to call him "Bee-sek" so I'm inclined to think it's the 2nd one??? :blink:

Of course, one could always ask Jiri to his face but I'm not in a position to meet him anytime soon - is anyone else ;) ?

Dear Mr. Rock and Ms. NJDev25,

Could one of you be so kind as to please forward the location of this guide to one Mr. Gary Thorne c/o ESPN. I have been searching in vain for such a publication. I will forever be in your debt for such a kindness.

Thank you very much,

G. T.

Dear Mr. Rock and Ms. NJDev25,

Could one of you be so kind as to please forward the location of this guide to one Mr. Gary Thorne c/o ESPN. I have been searching in vain for such a publication. I will forever be in your debt for such a kindness.

Thank you very much,

G. T.

Gary must have misplaced his, I believe the hockey broadcasters get a new edition every year. It has a phonetic guide for all the players, including the prospects. :P

Why is this assumed? Lots of announcers have no idea how to pronounce names, why would the Devils announcers be the exception?

Because Doc literally "wrote the book" on the pronunciation of players' names that is circulated throughout the league.

But the Devils announcers knows how to pronounce their players' names.

Why is this assumed? Lots of announcers have no idea how to pronounce names, why would the Devils announcers be the exception?

Well I was speaking of the public address announcer, primarily. And then Doc and Chico secondarily.

If his name was pronounced wrong, I'm sure they'd get the memo.