OOT Scoreboard - April 30

Don

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

toskala is stealing this game. the preds are doing a pretty good job on thornton, they're just sending bodies after him after getting dominated by him in games 3 and 4. but marleau is dancing around them.

Sorry but those guys have 3 Cup rings and 5 visits to the Cup Finals between them. Arnott takes shifts off but not in the playoffs. I think Billy Guerin is a choker but he plays physical during the post-season. The blame for this mostly falls on Turco who has once again come up short in the playoffs.

Tri,

I have to agree with Manta on this one. Arnott didn't show up for this playoffs. Guerin was okay. But this team HAS NO HEART! No character! I've said it before and I still believe it - Doug Armstrong can't seem to recognize character. Gainey could smell it a mile away. That's why we don't have any guys who can fill the shoes of Carbonneau, Keane, Ludwig, Nieuwy, even Hull or Hatcher. We don't have enough of the "refuse to lose" guys. There is no one who will get in the face of other players. No one who can keep everybody loose. And this isn't speculation on my part. This is from people around the team - Brett Hull, and Ralph Strangis were talking about this yesterday.

It has to change, or we'll keep being just a good regular-season team that can't make it through the playoffs.

LOL! One local columnist today says maybe they should bring Jamie Langenbrunner back! Like he'd want to leave NJ! hah!

I got to give Laviolette credit for sticking Ward in. Yeah. Gerber stunk. But Ward is young. He's playing great. If the Canes win, it's cause of him. Not bad for a rookie who's what? 21 or 22?

Isn't Gerber sick? I thought they said he lost 10-20lbs.

According to the hockey panel at Sportsnet, he was very sick. The discussion they were having was that he should have gone to the coach and said that he couldn't play. Yes, the playoffs are about playing though injuries and the flu, but in this case where you can't play near as well as your back up, you have an obligation to pull yourself.

All I can say is I can't believe how much Turco fell over. He let in several goals by falliing down to the ice in defeat before the puck went over him. :blink:

I agree. I noticed it right away. He fell over once almost totally overplayed a shot and it hit his back. Injured, perhaps?