OOT Scoreboard - April 30

Don

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Turco wasn't flailing around like a drunken fish, this game would be over. Ray Ferraro ripped into Turco during the 2nd intermission even calling his new style "not goaltending."

Hard to argue. Does this guy just get too nervous?

If Turco wasn't flailing around like a drunken fish, this game would be over. Ray Ferraro ripped into Turco during the 2nd intermission even calling his new style "not goaltending."

Hard to argue. Does this guy just get too nervous?

Personally, I think if Turco spent less energy trying to look like Patrick Roy, he'd actually possess some post-season accolades. Not too sure who's more overrated, Turco or the team he flops for.

Let's Go DIVES!!! :boogie:

Dallas is a collection of guys with no post-season heart: Guerin, Modano, Arnott.

Like him or hate him Dallas has not had an identity since Hatcher left and there is NO leadership for the post season. Alot big contracts for regular season stats, but no post season heart.

Dallas is a collection of guys with no post-season heart: Guerin, Modano, Arnott.

Like him or hate him Dallas has not had an identity since Hatcher left and there is NO leadership for the post season. Alot big contracts for regular season stats, but no post season heart.

Sorry but those guys have 3 Cup rings and 5 visits to the Cup Finals between them. Arnott takes shifts off but not in the playoffs. I think Billy Guerin is a choker but he plays physical during the post-season. The blame for this mostly falls on Turco who has once again come up short in the playoffs.

turco sucks turco sucks :D

the thing about turco, the whole "him getting to nervous." thing, it's really not a matter of him looking nervous, it's his style. he makes easy saves look 20 times harder than they need to be. He's very good on breakaways, i'll give him that. But on point shots, in close shots, and shots in general he decides flopping around and making spins on his ass will make people think he is better than he actually is. he rarely faces that many shots, so the few times he does face shots he makes them look incredibly hard. that way he can look like he's a better goalie than he actually is.

then in the playoffs you add in the fact that he just can't even stop a routine shot and you have the wonder that is "elite goaltender/barry melrose picked vezina" marty turco.

Sorry but those guys have 3 Cup rings and 5 visits to the Cup Finals between them. Arnott takes shifts off but not in the playoffs. I think Billy Guerin is a choker but he plays physical during the post-season. The blame for this mostly falls on Turco who has once again come up short in the playoffs.

Tri, were usually on the same page, but on this I have to differ:

Guerin has 1 ring-as part of a great ensemble of players lead by Marty, Scott Stevens and Claude Lemieux.

Since that championship, how many championship games has he been part of? Edmonton? Boston? Dallas?

NONE.

Modano? How many championships has he won since Hatcher left???

Arnott has 1-ring-as part of a great ensemble of players lead by Marty, Stevens, Dano and Lemieux. How many championships or even playoff games has he played since he left NJ?

These guys are big money contract players WHO SHOULD take on the leadership role, but can't or won't.

And yes, Turco did play like crap.

Looked to me like Zubov and all the Stars gave it their all. But Turco was so out of position that it was sickening. He was flopping all over the place. I think he might need to see a psychologist.

The Stars had every chance to win that game but failed on three power plays including one in OT. Guerin or Morrow came close but the puck just missed. Theodore was really sharp.

I knew it was just a matter of time before the Avs won. The Stars expended a lot of energy.

So, if Edmonton wins tomorrow and Calgary does, that means the Flames are the highest remaining seed and would host the Oilers in The Battle of Alberta while the Avs and probably the Sharks play in the other series. I'm not surprised that this might happen. The East is clearly better than the West.

Wow. It really seems that Carolina is playing with 6 skaters. Everywhere the camera goes, the Canes outnumber the Habs. There really weren't a lot of good chances for Montreal in that period.

It's obvious that they miss Koivu. And Gerber.