Soundtrack to Your Life (a survey, of sorts)

insanity_gallops

As the title says, set your music player to random or shuffle, and see what kind of results you get.

I don't have the time to fill this out personally right now, but I will later. For me, this is the kind of survey I actually enjoi filling out, 'cause you can do it time and again 'n get different results each go-'round.

Opening credits:

Waking up:

Average day:

First date:

Falling in love:

Sex Scene:

Breaking up:

Getting back together:

Lifes okay:

Mental breakdown:

Driving:

Flashback:

Partying:

Happy dance:

Regretting:

Long night alone:

Action scene:

Death scene:

End Credits:

Nice! I was just looking for a way to kill some time.

Opening credits: Judas Priest - Leather Rebel

Waking up: Lamb of God - Black Label

Average day: Korn - Y'all Want a Single

First date: Slayer - Angel of Death

Falling in love: DevilDriver - Just Run :lol:

Sex Scene: Queen - I Want to Break Free

Breaking up: Children of Bodom - Cowards Dead End

Getting back together: Metallica - Through the Never

Lifes okay: Throwdown - Trust

Mental breakdown: Dog Eat Dog - Step Right In

Driving: Dark Tranquillity - FreeCard

Flashback: Korn - Everything I've Known

Partying: Anthrax - Keep it in the Family

Happy dance: Kataklysm - In Shadows and Dust

Regretting: Slayer - Ghosts of War

Long night alone: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Soul to Squeeze

Action scene: Slayer - Killing Fields

Death scene: Judas Priest - Between the Hammer and the Anvil

End Credits: Godsmack - Voices

I'll do this later, but I want to point out that the results may be skewed for people who simply put all of their music on their player regardless of the frequency of which they listen to a certain album. I suppose it would make more sense to not have stuff on your iPod (or whatever) if you only listen to it once in a blue moon, but with storage capacities the way they are, why not?

Well, if you *REALLY* want to be stickler like that you could just shuffle the "highest rated" playlist. But I'll just stick with the random whole iPod thing:

Opening credits: Vox (extended version) - Sarah McLachlan

Waking up: Back in Black - AC/DC

Average day: Where have all the Cowboys Gone - Paula Cole

First date: The Oaf - Big Wreck (apt)

Falling in love: The Night is Still Young - Billy Joel

Sex Scene: Stars - t.A.T.u.

Breaking Up: His latest Flame - Elvis Presley

Getting back together: Make Me Do Anything You Want - A Foot in Cold Water

Lifes okay: The Long Run - Eagles

Mental breakdown: Lithium - Nirvana (I swear, I'm *NOT* making this up!!!)

Driving: Don't Drop that Bomb on Me - Bryan Adams

Flashback: From Out of Nowhere - Faith No More

Partying: I Can See Clearly Now - Anne Murray

Happy dance: Get a Job - Offspring

Regretting: Iodine - Leonard Cohen

Long night alone: 38 Years Old - Tragically Hip

Action scene: Coffee Sandwich - Bob and Doug McKenzie

Death scene: Wave of Mutilation - Pixies

End Credits: Obey the Cow God - Green Jelly and then Closing Time - Semisonic

Edited by Don

Well, if you *REALLY* want to be stickler like that you could just shuffle the "highest rated" playlist.

I suppose I oughta start using that feature...

Anyway, here I go:

Opening credits: Joss Stone, "Snakes and Ladders"

Waking up: Shel Silverstein, "Sahra Cynthia Sylvia Stout Would Not Take The Garbage Out"

Average day: Billy Joel, "The Downeaster 'Alexa'"

First date: Denis Leary, "Insane Cowboy (In Africa)"

Falling in love: Blues Traveler, "Freedom"

Sex Scene: Jim Steinman, "The Storm"

Breaking Up: Denis Leary, "a$$hole of the Dance"

Getting back together: Alanis, "Mary Jane" (acoustic)

Lifes okay: Ben Folds Five, "Hospital Song"

Mental breakdown: Billy Joel, "History Through Music"

Driving: Queen, "You Don't Fool Me"

Flashback: Metallica, "Master of Puppets" (S&M version)

Partying: Alanis, "You Oughta Know" (acoustic)

Happy dance: Nirvana, "Come As You Are"

Regretting: Meat Loaf, "Did I Say That?"

Long night alone: Weird Al, "The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota"

Action scene: Ben Folds Five, "Mess"

Death scene: Monty Python, "Sit On My Face" (I kid you not!)

End Credits: Monty Python, "Spam" (however, I'm disqualifying that because I feel like it, and the next song that came up was Meat Loaf's "Objects In The Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are")

If the so-called "soundtrack of my life" looks like that, apparently the movie of my life is one giant acid trip... :blink:

I suppose I oughta start using that feature...

Anyway, here I go:

Opening credits: Joss Stone, "Snakes and Ladders"

Waking up: Shel Silverstein, "Sahra Cynthia Sylvia Stout Would Not Take The Garbage Out"

Average day: Billy Joel, "The Downeaster 'Alexa'"

First date: Denis Leary, "Insane Cowboy (In Africa)"

Falling in love: Blues Traveler, "Freedom"

Sex Scene: Jim Steinman, "The Storm"

Breaking Up: Denis Leary, "a$$hole of the Dance"

Getting back together: Alanis, "Mary Jane" (acoustic)

Lifes okay: Ben Folds Five, "Hospital Song"

Mental breakdown: Billy Joel, "History Through Music"

Driving: Queen, "You Don't Fool Me"

Flashback: Metallica, "Master of Puppets" (S&M version)

Partying: Alanis, "You Oughta Know" (acoustic)

Happy dance: Nirvana, "Come As You Are"

Regretting: Meat Loaf, "Did I Say That?"

Long night alone: Weird Al, "The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota"

Action scene: Ben Folds Five, "Mess"

Death scene: Monty Python, "Sit On My Face" (I kid you not!) :lol:

End Credits: Monty Python, "Spam" (however, I'm disqualifying that because I feel like it, and the next song that came up was Meat Loaf's "Objects In The Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are")

If the so-called "soundtrack of my life" looks like that, apparently the movie of my life is one giant acid trip... :blink:

Gota love anything Monty Python :D

But Meatloaf :puke:

Edited by Devilish34

Here we go -- although for my results, whenever I do a survey like this, if I get a song that really is just a filler (I like being able to listen to the album as a whole, so I can't bring myself to delete individual songs) I nix it and grab the next one. 's not "fixing" the results, but more evening it out.

Just so ya know... order will be artist - song.

Opening credits: Pennywise - Badge of Pride

Waking up: Beatles - Paperback Writer

Average day: Easily Amused - P.T.S.D.

First date: A.F.I. - The Boy Who Destroyed the World

Falling in love: Ben Kweller - Wasted and Ready

Sex Scene: Josh Joplin - I am not the Only Cowboy

Breaking up: Jeff Buckley - Corpus Christi Carol (For Roy)

Getting back together: Acceptance - The Letter

Lifes okay: Ben Folds (Live) - Philosophy (Inc. Misirlou)

Mental breakdown: Radiohead - Creep (Acoustic)

Driving: Simon & Garfunkel (Live at Central Park) - Bridge Over Troubled Water

Flashback: Guster - All the Way Up to Heaven

Partying: Something Corporate - I Woke Up in a Car

Happy dance: Coheed & Cambria (Live at the Starland Ballroom) - Time Consumer

Regretting: Ben Folds - You to Thank

Long night alone: Coheed & Cambria - Neverender

Action scene: Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Let's Face It

Death scene: Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows

End Credits: Millencolin - Farewell My Hell

That's round one. I'm sure I'll come back to this again later.

Opening credits:

A Perfect Circle - The Noose

Waking up:

Puddle of Mudd - Blurry

Average day:

Linkin Park - Krwling (remix)

First date:

Green Day - Basket Case

Falling in love:

Coheed and Cambria - Crossing the Frame

Sex Scene:

Lifehouse - Only One

Breaking up:

Haddaway - What Is Love

Getting back together:

The Mars Volta - Eria Tarka

Lifes okay:

Finch - Ink

Mental breakdown:

Nirvana - Rape Me

Driving:

Ill Nino - Cleansing

Flashback:

Linkin Park - Rnw@y (remix)

Partying:

Vendetta Red - Shatterday

Happy dance:

Thursday - Signals Over the Air

Regretting:

A Perfect Circle - Thinking of You

Long night alone: T

The Killers - On Top

Action scene:

Pixies - Where Is My Mind?

Death scene:

Drowning Pool - I am

End Credits:

The Used - Taste of Ink

Edited by Voros19

Opening credits: santa ana-bruce springsteen

Waking up: a$$hole-beck

Average day:madame george-van morrison

First date: shiver me timbres-tom waits

Falling in love: long road-pearl jam live

Sex Scene: at least that's what you said-wilco live kicking television

Breaking up:blue eyed soul-wilco

Getting back together:bell boy-the who

Lifes okay:sometimes-pearl jam live

Mental breakdown:animal-pearl jam live

Driving:black-pearl jam live

Flashback:never-cat stevens

Partying:born in the USA-bruce springsteen live acoustic version

Happy dance:last exit-pearl jam

Regretting:a punch up at a wedding-radiohead

Long night alone:greensleves-neil young live

Action scene:king of trees-cat stevens

Death scene:one life away-m.ward

End Credits:My City of Ruins-Bruce Springsteen live

i'm suprised i got so much pearl jam...i mean i have like 1500 pearl jam tracks, but i have more bruce and neil...meh.

A little personal I guess, but Im too lazy to edit it... its from my blog a couple of months ago...

Late 80s

Paradise By The Dashboard Light Meatloaf (1977)

---One of the first songs I really enjoyed. Being naive, I didnt think the song was about the chains of love, but more about baseball ---as in the sport. It was only later in life did I learn about first, second, third and home as sexual benchmarks rather than just a simple game of baseball. PLAY THE BASEBALL SONG MOMMY!!! I guess I never noticed the woman moaning.

Early 90s

A Day in the Life Beatles (1967)

---After I got a little older, I found a Beatles tape my mom had of Sgt. Peppers Lonely Heart and instantly loved the whole thing. This album got me really into the Beatles when I was about 8 or 9 and I still love them today.

Basket Case Green Day (1994)

---I liked Green Day the first time I heard them. I think it was the first band I liked completely on my own without influence from my parents at all. I was 10, and having bought my very own first CD was just a thrill especially since it was my own money as well. I use to think I was cool for blaring this tune, and it also got me into playing guitar --- which I still play to this day.

You Oughta Know Alanis Morissette (1995)

---I think everyone liked Alanis Morisette at some point in time, mostly say 1995 her new albums arent very good, but I loved Jagged Little Pill. Im guessing I had a lot of angst from all the stresses of the 6th grade. Sweet!

Hang Matchbox Twenty (1996)

---Oh, how I miss these days. Ill always love Tara in that weird way, and I hope to always be somewhat connected to her so she doesnt fall of the face of the planet. MB20 seemed to connect us in so many ways and Ill never forget all the late night calls and chats and the feelings I use to have. It definitely was my first true feeling of love for another person who wasnt family. Kody agrees after a Long Day.

Summerland Everclear (1995)

---Surpringly this song defines the summer before High School. I was dating this girl Barbara, and it caused a split between Tara and I. Ill never understand why I let that girl do so much to me, and ruin some good times with Tara. It could have been third base, but thats was really stupid of me looking back at it. Plus, Barbara stole like 3 of my cds bitch J

What Its Like Everlast (1998)

---Life with Mandy was great. The first winter nights, laying in her bed, listening to Everlast and Eagle Eye Cherry will stay with me forever. I felt truly happy and everything was so new to me in feelings. Winters will never feel like that again. I would also lose my virginity on new years of 98/99 after an absolutely horrible film called H20.

1999 **from yearbook**

Crazy Train Ozzy Osbourne (1980)

---This is the song that reminds of wrestling a lot, and my true experiences of high school. Its also a song I mastered playing on guitar and I was pretty psyched about it. But as I said, wrestling comes up the most. Hours of sweat, dozens of knots in my stomach It was great.

2000 **from yearbook**

Kryptonite 3 Doors Down (2000)

---I remember going to see 3 Doors Down fondly, it was my first concert that wasnt something at Great Adventures (Gin Blossoms, Oh Yea!). It also gave me some strength to get through some things. Although I did tire of hearing of it on the radio so much.

2001 **from yearbook**

Its Been A While Staind (2001)

---Junior year was a weird a year for me. I think I grew up a lot during this year, and hung out with this girl Heidi a lot. I still look for her online when I get bored, but I never really see her pop up anywhere. I found a myspace account that was never really used. But Heidi rocked I was a little more into pop music than her, she was more indie, but we both liked this song a lot. e H

2002 *from yearbook**

My Sundown Jimmy Eat World (2001)

---I think I relate to this song because of the transition from high school to college. I knew things would be different but man, how things would change. I must note though, it was senior year where Tara and I really got back to talking a bit. I know so, cause I wrote it in my year book :P

Without Me Eminem (2002)

---I normally dont like rap, but like most I liked Eminem, and this song really stirs up the spirit of my freshman year of college. It was really exciting, and a lot changed. My tour for wrestling, this song was blaring as we rode in an open topped jeep speeding through the streets of philly. It was quite fun.

Sitches Orgy (1998)

--- This was a year for great change, Mandy, my girl for 5 years, and I broke up. And I met Alicia, who will be my future for life and I love it. Alicia and I had a weird start, and it was also so foggy. Untreated concussions tend to do that. Its also the time where I decided wrestling wasnt going to be my future, so I switched to a full time job and loved it at Fiserv.

Hung Up Madonna (2005)

---This song came out late 2005, but it was a good theme for my life in 2005. Im working a job thats alright and great for my future, but Im still hung up from my past job (which I left when the company was bought out). Time does goes by so slowly, until you stop and look back at all that has happened.

Oh My God Kaiser Chiefs (2005)

---Im at a period in my life now where Im at another big period of change. Im about ready to leave college (June), and will be moving in with Alicia into a place of our own. We will share finances and make decisions together, and I still cant believe it. But it will be happiness and something Ive longed for, especially with her.

Opening credits: Baby Did a Bad Bad thing- Chris Issak

Waking up: Under My Thumb- Rolling Stones

Average day: Must Be Doing Something Right-Billy Currington

First date: Opiated- The Tragically Hip

Falling in love: In The Still Of The Night

Sex Scene: I Love The Way You Come To Me- Blue Rodeo

Breaking up:Who The Hell Do You Think You Are- Hardcore Logo Soundtrack

Getting back together:Why part 2- Colective Soul

Lifes okay: Wonder Why They Call U- Tupac

Mental breakdown:Malibu- Hole

Driving: Without A Sound- The headstones

Flashback:never-Cordelia- The Tragically Hip

Partying:I've Had The Time Of My Life- Dirty Dancing Soundtrack :blink:

Happy dance:Chariot- Gavin Degraw

Regretting:House Of Dreams- Blue Rodeo

Long night alone: Love Will SAve The Day- David Usher

Action scene: Sharp Dressed Man- ZZ Top

Death scene:I'm ON Fire- Bruce Springsteen

End Credits: Maneater- Nelly Furtado

Opening credits: Armin Van Buuren "Control Freak"

Waking up: Mike Foyle "Shipwrecked"

Average day: Sasha "Baja"

First date: 808 State "Pacific"

Falling in love: Kyau & Albert "Walk Down"

Sex Scene: Aphex Twin "Windowlicker"

Breaking up: Delerium feat. Sarah McLachlin "Silence"

Getting back together: Gouryella "Ligaya"

Lifes okay: Perry O'Neil "Kubik"

Mental breakdown: Taiko "Rappelkiste"

Driving: Ronski Speed "E.O.S."

Flashback: Energy 52 "Cafe Del Mar"

Partying: Ferry Corsten feat. Simon LeBon "Fire"

Happy dance: Ferry Corsten "Rock Your Body Rock"

Regretting: Mike Foyle "Love Theme: Dusk"

Long night alone: M.I.K.E. "Totally Fasinated"

Action scene: Marc Marberg "Guarana"

Death scene: Nu Scape "The End"

End Credits: Ferry Corsten "Galaxia"

Someone likes dance music. Any of those have lyrics? :) BTW - you get 10 points for having a song featuring Sarah.

I'll try one like Aylbert:

70s: I was brought up on a steady diet of Elvis, Beatles and Abba. My dad was into pop-rock like Heart. My mother liked dance type music like disco (Bee Gees).

1982: I started getting an allowance. Bought my first LP. Thriller.

1983: Discovered Columbia House - bought "She's So Unusual", "Boston" and "Huey Lewis and the News"

1984: Columbia House loved me: Culture Club, Prince, Springsteen

1985: I couldn't play hockey, so my sport was baseball. Loved every song about baseball. So my parents got sick of hearing John Fogerty's "Centrefield".

1986 to 88: Junior High. We had this bus driver like on the Simpsons. He fed us a steady diet of hard rock stuff. I refer to this time as my "AC/DC" period.

1989: Still into hard rock, I tried branching out a bit. Black Sabbath and Megadeth.

1990: Led Zepplin phase. Started with Zepplin I, then II, loved IV (or whatever you want to call IV)... until I had every major release.

1991 to 1993: Sarah McLachlan. Sarah McLachlan. Sarah McLachlan. Sarah McLachlan. Sarah McLachlan. Sarah Mclachlan. Sarah McLachlan. Sarah McLachlan. Joined the fan club. Would stand in line for hours to be in the front row of her concerts. Was on a first name basis with the folks at Nettwerk. My room was a shrine to her. No need for wallpaper in my room, there was posters on every wall.

1994: At the recommendation of a friend, I watched "Pump up the Volume". That got me listening to Leonard Cohen. One listen to "The Songs of Leonard Cohen" I was hooked for life. At the 1994 Juno awards Sarah was up against Leonard for songwriter of the year Juno award and my head about exploded. I'm glad someone else had to choose.

1995: I smashed up my Blazer so I had to get a lift to university from a friend. To say the least, he wasn't too keen on listening to Sarah or Leonard. He always wanted to listen to cheesy pop-rock that I wasn't thrilled with. He wanted Def Leppard, Van Halen and Bon Jovi while I wanted RATM, Primus, Anthrax and Tori Amos. So we compromised. I would make mixed tapes of stuff that we could agree on like STP, REM, and G'n'R.

1996: Girlfriend was into traditional Nova Scotian music. I had never been exposed to anything like it before. Liked some. Hated some. Mostly I was thrilled with most fiddle music so we went to see Natalie McMaster on Halifax's Citadel Hill and I preferred Barra MacNiels over the main event when they opened for Celine Dion.

1997: Moved to Ottawa and not having a lot of friends in the area, I started joining environmental groups and human rights groups. Really got into Bruce Cockburn's music. Me and some of my new friends went to see him at the Ottawa Folk Festival and I had a chill down my back from his opening song to his encore.

1998 to 2000: My Lilith Fair phase. Sarah, of course. But I was also listening to Paula Cole, Chantal Kreviazuk, Holly Cole, Lisa Loeb, Cowboy Junkies, Dido, Shawn Colvin, and of course Tracy Chapman. And I love anything and everything by Tara MacLean.

2000 to present: Sorta set in my ways now... I have picked up a few new tricks along the way, Alanis Morrisette, BNL, etc... but nothing that strays too far from the stuff I listened to in the past save Reba and t.A.T.u.. Actually, it's usually my brother that turns me on to anything new... for example I really love Bond and Nelly Furtado, both suggested by my brother.

There you go. Far more information than anyone ever wanted to know. Probably have half the board putting me on ignore (as if I wasn't already :P). But I enjoyed putting that little trip down memory lane together.

I don't have an iPod and my Dell DJ Ditty doesn't have shuffle, so I'll just use my huge Windows Media Player Libray lol

Opening credits: "Trashed, Lost, and Strungout" - Children of Bodom

Waking up: "In Search for I" - IN FLAMES

Average day: "The Frayed Ends of Sanity" - Metallica

First date: "Escape" - Metallica :lol:

Falling in love: "Ride the Lightning" - Metallica

Sex Scene: "Trollhammaren" - Finntroll ... LMFAO!!

Breaking up: "Like You Better Dead" - IN FLAMES

Getting back together: "Far Beyond the Sun" - Yngwie Malmsteen

Lifes okay: "The Diary of Jane" (Acoustic) - Breaking Benjamin... Life is not okay if I'm listening to that song! not upbeat at all lol

Mental breakdown: "Power Trip" - Chimaira

Driving: "Return to Hangar" - Megadeth

Flashback: "Final Product" - Nevermore

Partying: "Take No Prisoners" - Megadeth

Happy dance: "Kissing the Shadows" - Children of Bodom

Regretting: "The Unnamed Feeling" - Metallica

Long night alone: "1000 Times Goodbye" - Megadeth

Action scene: "Holy Wars" - Megadeth

Death scene: "Trapped Under Ice" - Metallica... I don't wanna freeze to death! :o

End Credits: "The Philosopher" - DEATH

Round 2. (this one turned out to be a good'ne)

Opening credits: Miracle - Foo Fighters

Waking up: Bleed American - Jimmy Eat World

Average day: Listening - Josh Joplin Group

First date: Prologue - The June Spirit

Falling in love: The Runaway - Something Corporate

Sex Scene: Sleeping In - The Postal Service

Breaking up: Sink With Me - Eleventeen

Getting back together: Old Friends - Simon & Garfunkel

Lifes okay: Mass Pike - The Get Up Kids

Mental breakdown: Beeswax - Easily Amused

Driving: Under African Skies - Paul Simon

Flashback: It's All Been Done - Barenaked Ladies

Partying: Stars - Hum

Happy dance: Today Your Love, Tomorrow the World - The Ramones

Regretting: Tiny Dancer - Ben Folds (Live)

Long night alone: The Impression That I Get - Mighty Mighty Bosstones

Action scene: In-Between Days - Ben Folds

Death scene: The General - Dispatch

End Credits: Kill - Jimmy Eat World