I Am So Jealous Of The Flyers

DevilMinder

there's a huge difference between devils and ranger games too. in ranger games, they've got replays of every minor play that occurs in the game and a camera on every player/coach/training staff member for both teams. of course, JD makes great use of that replay feature since he hypes up even the most trivial plays made by the rangers. in devils games, the only replays you get are goals and big saves.

the devs picture quality is poor and the arena seems very dark on television for some reason.

same story with the Islanders.

I'd also like it if they zoomed the camera following the play out a little bit so you could see more stuff unfolding.

yeah they do broadcast in HDTV.

Yeah the Comcast cameras kick the crap out of FSNY and MSG cameras.

I absolutely HATE the Flyers broadcasters tho. They define Homers.

They may broadcast it in HDTV, but what cable system shows it in HDTV? I have HDTV, and the only channels that are HDTV are ABC, NBC, HBO, Showtime, and PBS. Comcast seems to be negotiating with CBS. Does Cablevision offer FSNY in HDTV? Usually it's a whole seperate channel.

Doc is one of the best announcers IMO Number 1

Davidson is second.

Chico is one of the worst, he is such a HOMER, Marty is always great, he calls the action incorrect. A change would be welcome.

As for Cableviision it is by far the worst Cable company in the business today. For many reason most have been mentioned on this board.

Sammyk, Well before the drop of the puck at the beginning of the game Doc always says "And tonights Devs game in HDTV is brought to you by Panasonic then blah blah blah" so I guess that means they broadcast the games in HDTV.

Yes, I know, but that doesn't mean your cable system picks it up. Here in Monmouth County, FSNY is Channel 75, and it is NOT shown in HDTV. Comcast and FSNY don't have an agreement. If and when they do, it will most likely be shown on a different channel.

The Flyers' commentators are bad.

The Penguins' commentators are terrible; they're in a league of their own.

I've gotten to listen to both sets a lot here at school (get CSN and FSPitt), and they still drive me nuts. The Pittsburgh commentators don't even do play-by-play usually, they just watch the hockey game and talk every once in a while. And the color is just brutal to listen to.

Well you need to buy the HDTV service. It isn't free.

I have an HDTV ready TV, AND HDTV service from Comcast. Special box and all. This STILL doesn't get me FSNY in HDTV format. I watch other channels in HDTV, and can't wait to see the finals in HDTV on ABC.

Oh, and by the way, HDTV service IS free.

Wow I have heard that it isn't free. I DO know you need to buy a special TV for it.

Yep, need a special TV for sure. Lots of them on sale these days. They have nice payment plans where you don't have to pay for a year, so a lot of people are picking them up.

I called Comcast to get HDTV service, and they said the only charge is $15 for the guy to come out here and switch boxes. One snag with Comcast is that you need Digital Cable, which is more, but I already had it.

Technically, you can get HDTV with a special antenna. With that you'd have to buy your own receiver, and antenna, but the service would still be free. Just a modern version of the "bunny ears".