Im sorry but

PaDevsFan

Because one is a defensemen (BR) and the other is a winger (SG) who is expected to produce offensively.

SG only has 11 goals and the season is almost over. This is BS from him. If BR had 11 goals that would be more than what I would expect from him. The most goals that BR has had is 9. I (we) expect a lot more from SG.

If you want to give Gomer the benefit of doubt, he maybe playing injured or he has his head up his arse.

GOMER'S DAYS AS A NEW JERSEY DEVIL IS COUNTING DOWN. Cup or no cup. Especially if the going price is too high for LL.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you're wrong. I'll call you out and EVERYONE else who thinks he is gone. Gomez is going no where.

Some of you cant see past his Goal total. So by your reasoning, if you get big money you should score 30 goals? thats BS. DO YOU UNDERSTAND PLAYMAKING AND SKATING SKILLS. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ELIAS AND GIONTA HAVE NOT BEEN THEMSELVES THIS YEAR?..... I Said that he relys on other players to score goals and get points.

GOMEZ IS STAYING. Is lou that stupid to let a 26 year old walk. A player with so much expierence and in the PRIME of his CAREER!?............A FORMER ROOKIE OF THE YEAR!..... Not even Parise can say that!

You Gomez haters make me sick. Cant see a good quality player a mile away.

Gomez stays for 4 more years.

$100 says this doesn't happen. Scott Gomez will not be a Devil past 2007. He has been bad this year, and even if he hadn't been, he wasn't sticking around anyway.

As for PA - we don't have a physical team. Almost no one on this team consistently plays a physical game, and the team doesn't forecheck very much. So that's why there's no passion.

you're wrong. I'll call you out and EVERYONE else who thinks he is gone. Gomez is going no where.

Some of you cant see past his Goal total. So by your reasoning, if you get big money you should score 30 goals? thats BS. DO YOU UNDERSTAND PLAYMAKING AND SKATING SKILLS. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ELIAS AND GIONTA HAVE NOT BEEN THEMSELVES THIS YEAR?..... I Said that he relys on other players to score goals and get points.

GOMEZ IS STAYING. Is lou that stupid to let a 26 year old walk. A player with so much expierence and in the PRIME of his CAREER!?............A FORMER ROOKIE OF THE YEAR!..... Not even Parise can say that!

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdispla...pid%5B%5D=31170

http://www.newjerseydevils.com/njd/theteam...playerstats.php

Gomer is third on the team with total points (56), first on the team with helpers (45), like 7th on the team with goals, and he is +7.

BUT THE DEVS NEED MORES GOALS FROM HIM.

overtime, he's not even the assist man he once was. Elias is getting a ton of assists too, and I don't think he's doing his job either. Gomez was tied for 1st in the league in assists in 04 - I don't think he's in the top 10 this year, and he's getting paid a lot more money.

Playmaking centers aren't that valuable and while Gomez is one of the best, he doesn't score enough or do anything else particularly well. He's as good as gone to some foolhardy team for too long and too many dollars.

BUT since when did the Devils ever got more goals from him.

Last year. 33 goals, 51 assists. He showed he's just as capable of scoring goals as he is of creating them for others. This year he went back to his old tricks and it's upset those of us who know he can do better.

Gomez has the points this season but it is an off season for him. I would think that Lou will try to give a reasonable contract price to Gomez in the off season but right now it is looking like Gomez wants to play elsewhere by the way he has been playing this season. He shows no heart on this team. Gomez will be back here in New Jersey if he accepts 3 -4 million from Lou. If not he is gone to another team that would be crazy enough to pay him 5-6 million.

Last year. 33 goals, 51 assists. He showed he's just as capable of scoring goals as he is of creating them for others. This year he went back to his old tricks and it's upset those of us who know he can do better.

FWIW, I don't think last year was a straight-up fluke, and I think Gomez will score an average of 20-25 goals a season over the next five years (pro-rated).

The great thing about Gomez's play this year is that he's sure to attract the Rangers in the offseason - he's lackidaisical, given to taking games off, doesn't score enough goals - Sather sees all those attributes, he's got to have that free agent DVD and the Godiva chocolate ready by now.

Edited by Triumph

Not for nothing but it would be nice if the board had like one or two threads devoted to Gomez-bashing instead of using a hundred threads on it. You all with Gomez are as bad as red with Friesen. I just hope I don't read as many threads that kiss Gomez's ass and kill Lou for letting him go when he has good numbers next year.

Edited by Hasan4978

I don't think Lou will offer Gomer the money/length he's looking for, but I do hope he stays. Our offence is already the worst in the East, nobody in the system can replace him and free agents generally don't work with this team.

Not for nothing but it would be nice if the board had like one or two threads devoted to Gomez-bashing instead of using a hundred threads on it. You all with Gomez are as bad as red with Friesen. I just hope I don't read as many threads that kiss Gomez's ass and kill Lou for letting him go when he has good numbers next year.