Devil Untouchables

NJDF

I'm not even gonna include Stevens and Brodeur as part of this list b/c i think we all know the are going nowhere:

Elias

Langenbrunner

Madden

Newy

Gomer

Freisen

Rafalski

Niedermayer

White

Brylin

That doesn't leave us alot to work with. McKenzie, Stevenson, Tevo, Gionta, Rupp, Berglund, Giroux, goalie prospects, and picks.

But really this team doesn't need any major changes (i think).

Should be interesting to see what Lou does.

GO DEVILS!!

As far as Gomer is concerned, evertime his name is mentioned in a trade it seems that some team wants him in return for their problems (either $$ or lockerroom). I haven't heard a fair deal yet. Gomer is young and will put up great numbers if put in the right situation. This is the reason I have him as "untouchable" i think he is a keeper and is a player we can build around. IF IF IF we can get someone we CAN and will resign, is young, talented, and has a good attitude I'd loosen my stance, but as i stated I just haven't seen this yet.

GO DEVILS!!

The Devs don't have to trade any core players to get the offensive help they need. Oh, and even though he's probably not untouchable, I'd be surprised (and unhappy) if Mike Rupp is traded.

Berglund, Bicek, Foster, Gionta, maybe Ahonen too.....we have some young players with value.

I'd rather it not be Berglund because I like the aggressive way he plays (he needs a little work on his defensive game), but if it has to be him, then so be it.

I think a guy like Slava Kozlov would be a great idea. He wouldn't cost much and he's a pretty good offensive player. Maybe that Thrasher power play can rub off on the Devs through Kozlov being here, LOL!

No Stevenson = no cup run. It's that simple, IMO.

He's not the biggest hitter, but he's a physical presence nonetheless, and key to the Devils' success. Plus, he's a favorite among the players -- trading him away right before the playoffs could wreck havoc with the psyche of the lockerroom. And he's got decent offensive skills to go with his solid defense; he's a perfect fit for the Devils.